show
reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.

RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Interior Design
Furniture
Appliances
Photoreal Models
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
RPG Models
Movie and TV 3D
dazDaz Content
Daz On Sale!
Characters
Clothing
Intimates
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Environments
3D On Sale!Free 3DHow To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapers
HOME|FORUMS|SITE HELP AND FEEDBACK

RenderHub's dreadful Terms Of Use (CLOSED)

Thu, Aug 12, 2021
Chiron
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
RenderHub's dreadful Terms Of Use

The topic has already been discussed privately on a few messages that I now seem unable to access anymore. However, long story short:

I was about to set up my store (have  a couple thousand meshes to share, most of them nicely UV-mapped and textured) when I yielded to my bad old habit of reading thoroughly the fine print - namely the Terms Of Use.

Then after a bit of hermeneutics (Legalese -> English) I felt compelled to desist: the one and only thing they seem not to demand is my soul.

Now I understand that those terms of use have been probably drawn by a pack of lawyers and the real RenderHub people don't mean any harm to me, nor really wish to get their paws on my work. That's what I wrote to the admins, and in return I got the promise that they would have their terms of use revised by some competent lawyer able to understand that scaring off customers and/or contributors isn't really the best course of action for an ambitious and promising enterprise.

The above happened several months ago. Since then I  still come occasionally to RenderHub, download a few free models and check those (expletive deleted) TOU - but alas! they look still as scary as the first time I saw them.

I'm confident that sooner or later the promised revision will actually take place, but until then all I feel like doing here is milking some free stuff without giving anything in return - which, take my word for it, doesn't make me feel very comfortable.

I hope to my Gods that those infamous TOU will be revised sooner rather than later: I'm no more in my primes, and contributors that kick the bucket are of little use

Thu, Aug 12, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Hi there. I am vendor here, and also an Admin. I make my Admin duties the priority and try to help all vendors and customers have a great experience here. 

I am not the owner, nor did I have anything to do with drawing up the Terms Of Use. But I am like you - I find myself always reading them. 

I have to say that I personally do not find the TOU here any more "scary" than those of Facebook, DeviantArt, TurboSquid, Daz3D, and many others. Some of those really *are* scary to me. 

I can say that I am one of the "real RenderHub people" (as you put it), and I work with the owner every day. And you are absolutely correct. Nobody means any harm to you, nor really (wishes) to get their paws on (your) work.  

I can tell you the following with absolute certainty:  

When I receive a request from a vendor to remove one of their products from the store, it is done in about 30 seconds. No questions asked. I just click a button and it is done. 

If an artist wants to remove one of their gallery images from RenderHub, they can do it themselves, and we don't have a thing to do with it. No questions asked. 

If someone wants to delete their RenderHub account, we will do it. 

If someone wants to be removed from our email newsletter list, then can remove themselves without any need to contact support. 

I can think of all kinds of other examples, and it is all vendor and customer friendly. 

I know my response here cannot change how you feel about the TOU, but I hope it can make you feel better about the people behind RenderHub. 

Thu, Aug 12, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

I have also moved your thread to "Site Help and Feedback". 

Fri, Aug 13, 2021
Chiron
artist

Hi Foxy, thanks for your very nice reply!

I never felt badly about the people behind RenderHub: the site speaks for itself and tells a pleasant story of good will, good ideas, initiative, fantasy and plenty of other nice things that make me feel like taking active part in it. That's why I'm writing here rather than just clicking away

Still how I feel about lawyers, vultures and hyenas is another story: with only two measly exceptions, all the contacts I've had with them in my long life have been bloody, frustrating, exacerbating, damn expensive and - worst of all - endless. Should you wonder why I made the habit of reading carefully the small print all the way through - and assuming the very worst intentions - now you know why.

And, should a conflict arise due to some unfortunate misunderstanding (it happens in the best families), experience tells me that not even the nicest person in the world would ever hire a lamb.

That's why those confounded TOS are so important: they are there to specify the absolute minimum below which decency is not allowed to sink, whatever a vulture may try. They have nothing to do with the fair play, kindness and friendliness that normally govern interactions between nice people.

After all you don't pay your car insurance looking forward to having an accident, right?

P.S: Try and guess why I don't have an account on Facebook, DeviantArt, TurboSquid, Daz3D, and many others...

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble