×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

A tool for creating a custom staircase. (CLOSED)

eye482
guy91600Mon, Mar 31, 2025
Karma: 21,202
I thought it might be interesting to create a tool for Daz Studio that would allow users to create custom stairs.
That is, to create a step with its own railing. The user will be able to specify the number of steps needed to move from one floor to another.
The step, the side, the beams, and the handrail will each have their own texture.
I started creating it with Hexagon since it is the tool that I master
Forum Image


I don't have a name for this product yet, your suggestions are welcome


lukonMon, Mar 31, 2025
Karma: 8,496
I like this idea. And I'm also enjoying imagining how it can be done.
A3DTemptationTue, Apr 01, 2025
Karma: 1,609
Hello,
I noticed that several online architectural tools allow you to build your own staircase.
The result is a 3D model that can be rotated in any direction and closely resembles a 3D model from Sketchfab.
In your web browsers developer tools (F12), you can see that the 3D model is loaded using the OBJLoader function.
Perhaps it is possible to extract the underlying code of the 3D mesh directly from the console and then import it into Daz3D?
I know that Blender uses a plugin to easily import Sketchfab 3D models.
Please note that my suggestion requires strict adherence to applicable legal and ethical standards, particularly regarding data extraction and intellectual property rights.
image
lukon
Karma: 8,496
Tue, Apr 01, 2025
I imagine several "fit your stairs to your house model" solutions exist, such as Blender step-arrays and scripts and Poser scripts and all manner of stuff requiring exporting and importing into Daz. But I've never seen a solution that works simply within Daz Studio, unless I forgot seeing it among mCasual's works.
guy91600Tue, Apr 01, 2025
Karma: 21,202
The structure of a step module.
I'm trying to make the tool simple and quick to learn and use so users don't have to struggle with complicated settings.
Forum Image
lukon
Karma: 8,496
Tue, Apr 01, 2025
I like the glass balustrade panel option.
guy91600Tue, Apr 01, 2025
Karma: 21,202
The platform is complete and the Modular Stair Set is online
https://www.renderhub.com/guy91600/modular-stair-set
Forum Image
Forum Image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account