×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/RENDERHUB GRAFFITI CONTEST 2

Untouched Tree (CLOSED)

eye184
SpicyApplesWed, Apr 30, 2025
Karma: 149
This is my entry for the graffiti contest. 
This was created in Blender with post production done in Photoshop. 

The story:
Amidst the dry and lifeless land, stands a pure, untouched tree that's protected by an enclosure.

Final Render:Forum Image

Raw Render:
Forum Image

Wireframe:
Forum Image

SpicyApplesWed, Apr 30, 2025
Karma: 149
Thumbnail:
Forum Image
jamie6Thu, May 08, 2025
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
SpicyApples
Karma: 149
Mon, May 12, 2025
Thank you!
jamie6
Admin: 14,430
Mon, May 12, 2025
You're welcome!
SpicyApplesThu, May 15, 2025
Karma: 149
A quick breakdown of my process can be found here:
My process

As you'll see, it started with a circular dome with triangle structures. The camera was lower down too to give the tree a more important feel. I struggled to get my original vision across with that so I eventually switched to the square structure around the tree. I eventually switched glass materials too and lifted the camera higher so the burnt, defiled area came across more clearly. After I was happy with all the adjustments, I added the graffiti, foliage and rendered it out. 

The final image was composited and color graded in Photoshop. Overall, it took just under a week (working here and there) to complete everything.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account