×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Eldar the Corrupted (CLOSED)

eye268
Thread Activity
K_Alexander_SSun, Jul 06, 2025
Hahaha, "I am Groot" indeed!Keen eyes! On that end, after doing the legs I had a few better ideas on how I should approach the arms but it would be ha
TZO3k1Sat, Jul 05, 2025
I AM GROOT…LOL, This is an excellent sculpt, I particularly like the fact that you've incorporated the root system into the musculature, as it gives
K_Alexander_SFri, Jun 27, 2025
Appreciate the kind words!
K_Alexander_SFri, Jun 27, 2025
Interesting, thanks for sharing, guy.
HyxodFri, Jun 27, 2025
The details are impressive O_O well done !
guy91600Fri, Jun 27, 2025
maybe an idea of ​​colors on these imageshttps://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2023/01/09/19/12/man-7708124_1280.jpghttps://grenier-de-la-chance.fr/wp-con
K_Alexander_SThu, Jun 26, 2025
Karma: 851
Hey everyone, here's a new project I am working on and I'm close to wrapping up the high poly.
This is a personal project so I thought I won't work on making a proper topology since it would take a ton of extra work, but if there is enough interest I could go through with it and put it on the marketplace. 
In any case, feel free to share your thoughts or feedback!
Forum Image



K_Alexander_SThu, Jun 26, 2025
Karma: 851
And here are some extra shots

Forum ImageForum ImageForum ImageForum ImageForum ImageForum ImageForum Image
deathdThu, Jun 26, 2025
Karma: 1,663
Looks cool to me, nice work.
K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Thank you, happy to hear!
guy91600Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Karma: 21,202
I must admit I'm impressed by the skill in modeling this character. Seeing it in color would be a plus.
K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Thank you guy, I am working on UVing the little branches from scratch because zbrush messed them all up and I'm gonna move on to texturing afterwards. Any recommendations or references for potential colors?
ArtbyMel
Karma: 19,932
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
I would definitely add some moss and lichens to the branches too.
K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Definitely on the menu!
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
maybe an idea of ​​colors on these images
image

image
K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Interesting, thanks for sharing, guy.
Beautiful MisfitsFri, Jun 27, 2025
Karma: 15,435
I think it's amazing! It really looks stunnning!
K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Thank you!
Pushee-RiFri, Jun 27, 2025
Karma: 52,500
That looks damn good! Congrats!

" This is a personal project so I thought I won't work on making a proper topology since it would take a ton of extra work ... "

I could imagine that - as long as you don't want to rig the model - it hardly matters what the topology looks like, does it? And to all the people who complain about topology when it comes to immovable objects, you can give them two birds: one from you and one from me


K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Hahaha I understand the feeling!

When it comes to topology you are right, as long as its not so messed up to make UVing impossible, it doesn't matter that much. I would definitely make a proper one if this was to be uploaded to the marketplace though.
HyxodFri, Jun 27, 2025
Karma: 9,638
The details are impressive O_O well done !
K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Fri, Jun 27, 2025
Appreciate the kind words!
TZO3k1Sat, Jul 05, 2025
Karma: 978
I AM GROOT…

LOL, This is an excellent sculpt, I particularly like the fact that you've incorporated the root system into the musculature, as it gives it stability and practicality to the character!
K_Alexander_S
Karma: 851
Sun, Jul 06, 2025
Hahaha, "I am Groot" indeed!
Keen eyes! On that end, after doing the legs I had a few better ideas on how I should approach the arms but it would be have been too much work to change them at that stage since the tree and the branches had already been placed.
Will apply them on the next one..
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account