×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Flying Hexagonal Mobile Home Called "StratoLark"

eye206
Thread Activity
COMIXIANTThu, Oct 09, 2025
Looks great like that, and that raised text on the front (and the colour of it against the body) also works really well!
lukonThu, Oct 09, 2025
Another window option is this triple-wide dormer window wherein three adjacent sectors have dormer windows that continue across all three sectors. In
lukonThu, Oct 09, 2025
I try to make my model interiors wheelchair accessible.  This one had a challenge to get the ramp long enough. The best I could do was make a ramp ex
sngincWed, Oct 08, 2025
I got your link...thank you!
COMIXIANTWed, Oct 08, 2025
Ah man, that's a shame, would love to have seen that! Something about the images make it look very intriguing!Also, I reckon the 70s were the sexiest,
lukonWed, Oct 08, 2025
I can't find the problem. But I put a link to the StratoLark model on your DeviantArt page. Hopefully the DeviantArt link will work when it is placed
lukonSun, Sep 21, 2025
Karma: 8,496
In 1995 a friend asked me to make a UFO prop for his college project movie called "A Flip of a Coin". So of course I drew it first to plan it out. The image below is my plan drawing, with some frame grab photographs from some test video. The 6 foot cardboard UFO is suspended on fishing line strung between the top of the clock tower you see in the background, and a signpost on the ground.

Forum Image

Below are some shots of a small mockup.

Forum Image

Forum Image

And finally, below we have a promotional picture of my most recent 3D version. You can download it for free at: https://www.deviantart.com/luqu/art/Mobile-Home-Flying-Botlir-StratoLark-V1-899281000

Forum Image

Like many of my models, it is too complicated to be of much use to the average user. But you might find it fun to explore.

I'll post more pictures of the details later.


lukonSun, Sep 21, 2025
Karma: 8,496
I made my first 3D model of it in 2017, in the online program called "TinkerCad".

Forum Image

Forum Image
lukonSun, Sep 21, 2025
Karma: 8,496
Here's some cut-aways of the most recent 3D version, specifically a configuration I call "Type A". The free download includes a Type A pre-assembled.

Forum Image

Forum Image
lukonSun, Sep 21, 2025
Karma: 8,496
On the landing pad here we have a configuration that is more serious about being a vehicle, as it has a pilot station and extra propulsion unit in the back. Dig it.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image
lukonSun, Sep 21, 2025
Karma: 8,496
If the thing were gutted, it would look like this inside. I put the pink wall and orange pipe in just to hold up the control panel for the door.

That hole in the floor would be covered up by the elevator.

Forum Image
lukonSun, Sep 21, 2025
Karma: 8,496
The elevator: Double doors both sides so you walk through it.

Forum Image
artist
COMIXIANTSat, Oct 04, 2025
Account Closed

I really love the vibe of your stuff, I think you have a really good eye for things from the 60s and 70s that have a very cool vibe about them.

A few times now I've been tempted to make an "All Lukon" (apart from the figures) short animation, just as an excuse to play with them.  Time and time again I see your creations and think to myself, man, that would look so stylish with this composition and that composition, etc.  I think of you as a sort of Barbarella specialist, and believe me that's a massive compliment coming from me because Barbarella is one of, if not my favourite film of all time.

The only reason I've not done so already is because I'm too pre-occupied with learning figure creation at the moment.  And I hope you don't mind my prying, but do you have a link to those test videos, or better still, a link to the finished movie or short?

I love the look of it and would really love to sit back and watch that!


lukon
Karma: 8,496
Wed, Oct 08, 2025
Antifortunately, I can't find any of that video on the WWW.

My mom's decorating style influenced me as a kid, along with just that vibe from '70's sci-fi like the TV series called UFO.
artist
COMIXIANT
Account Closed
Wed, Oct 08, 2025

Ah man, that's a shame, would love to have seen that! Something about the images make it look very intriguing!
Also, I reckon the 70s were the sexiest, most stylish decade ever.

Belive it or not, despite being a Brit and a huge fan of the 70's, I've never seen the series UFO. It's one of those things I keep putting aside to watch and cherish when I finally get to relax and enjoy it. Life is way to chaotic for me right now to enjoy anything, but I look forward to seeing it. I was tempted to buy the DVD box set some years back, but didn't because it was always inevitable it would eventually be released on Blu-ray (which I just checked and can see it has been).

sngincMon, Oct 06, 2025
Karma: 19,381
I get an error message when I click on that deviantart link
sngincMon, Oct 06, 2025
Karma: 19,381
Forum Image
lukon
Karma: 8,496
Wed, Oct 08, 2025
I can't find the problem. But I put a link to the StratoLark model on your DeviantArt page. Hopefully the DeviantArt link will work when it is placed on another DeviantArt page.
snginc
Karma: 19,381
Wed, Oct 08, 2025
I got your link...thank you!
lukonThu, Oct 09, 2025
Karma: 8,496
I try to make my model interiors wheelchair accessible.  This one had a challenge to get the ramp long enough. The best I could do was make a ramp extension come out. It wouldn't pass ADA approval, but at least I tried.

Forum Image

In this picture we also see the option for a big front dormer window. When you build your own configurations, you can put that dormer window on instead of the flat triangle window panel, in any or all of the 8 positions.
artist
COMIXIANT
Account Closed
Thu, Oct 09, 2025

Looks great like that, and that raised text on the front (and the colour of it against the body) also works really well!

lukonThu, Oct 09, 2025
Karma: 8,496
Another window option is this triple-wide dormer window wherein three adjacent sectors have dormer windows that continue across all three sectors. In this particular configuration, I put the triple wide-in front, and a single in the back.

Forum Image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account