×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Luxe Amelia - WIP

eye771
Thread Activity
Luxe MuseSat, Jan 31
"cool old!" Love it!https://media3.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMWo3djQ4YnQ3bHRiNXpqZDhod3ZoM2NvNXE2ZDFqZTFoNWsxd29mNSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZf
BobbSat, Jan 31
*chuckle* One of the dogs I see regularly is a boxer named Kona. She's crazy strong and her wagging tail stings a bit when it hits your leg.I bit off
Luxe MuseSat, Jan 31
Hi, hi, hi. Amelia should get a boxer, because they are puppies almost all their lives. By the way, my gym friend is 75, and I remember around six yea
BobbSat, Jan 31
Yup, here stare looks more natural now...at least to me.Good go.Went out for a run.....ok a jog, at my age I don't really tun anymore...and had to sto
Luxe MuseSat, Jan 31
I redid her shot, but this time using Look At Me, versus winging it.https://cdn.renderhub.com/luxe-muse/gallery/coming-soon-amelia-for-g8-and-8-1.jpg?
Luxe MuseSat, Jan 31
Hi Bob. You are absolutely correct. Great calls. I will get her a puppy!! :DI still need to do her JCMs. Her current smile (base G8 smile dial) does n
BobbSat, Jan 31
To me (and maybe just to me) she looks a bit cross eyed.And she needs to smile, young ladies should always be smiling. How about a puppy...that'll bri
Luxe MuseFri, Jan 30
The eyebrows in the third round are looking much better. There are still some small details to work on for her skin, such as the roughness seeming too
Luxe MuseThu, Jan 29
Hi, hi, hi, hi!CASE IF color= "way too pink" THEN G8 ELSE G9 Group By Amelia
guy91600Thu, Jan 29
SELECT * FROM skin_table WHERE color = "to pink":-=
Luxe MuseWed, Oct 15, 2025
Karma: 9,205
This is an early low-resolution sculpt of my next project. She is intended to be slender, with a multi-age design. I am planning a dual-texture setup, allowing for versatile combinations to represent various ages, from early adolescence to adulthoo2,. Her look will feature light alabaster yet healthy skin and a sun-kissed, beach-blonde vibe, although it could also be a brunette, the possibilities are yours.


Forum Image




Forum Image

Luxe MuseWed, Oct 15, 2025
Karma: 9,205
I am starting with Genesis 9 and will transition to Genesis 8 (the sculpt). I haven't found a process I'm comfortable with for porting textures, so I will hand-draw textures for both Genesis 8 and Genesis 9, striving to maintain a consistent look as best I can.


artist
IB2024
Account Closed
Wed, Oct 15, 2025
I use this to go from G8 to G9, pretty sure you chould go the other way too... Very simple once you've things up.

https://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/tutorial_uv_mapping_repaint_mesh3.aspx
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Oct 15, 2025
Thank you so much, IB2024, for the suggestion. I’ll definitely give it a try. I attempted something similar with my Hanna character, porting her base shape from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9. However, when I realized I needed to repaint her entirely and couldn’t achieve an identical look, especially after discovering that my original Hanna Substance file was corrupted, I decided to pause that project.

artist
IB2024
Account Closed
Wed, Oct 15, 2025
I've got it for May 9 to convert her maps across from G8. It was the only solution I found that wasn't giving seams - particularly around the neck/shoulder areas, I'd really struggled there.
Pushee-RiWed, Oct 15, 2025
Karma: 52,500
Good luck and thank you very much for your informative contributions
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Oct 15, 2025
Thank you Pushee-Ri!
MKDAWUSSWed, Oct 15, 2025
Karma: 82,347
Looks good so far.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Oct 15, 2025
Thank you MKDAWUSS!
guy91600Wed, Oct 15, 2025
Karma: 21,202
A tenth teenage girl to feed, they will ruin you in food, clothes and outings  
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Oct 15, 2025
Hi, hi, hi

that's not even the worst part; they speak another language as well. It's neither English nor Spanish, and I can't even find a dictionary for it. On a brighter note, this one will be accompanied by her mother, which brings me some relief.

artist
COMIXIANTThu, Oct 16, 2025
Account Closed

I hope she's not going to be too  slender or she'll start making Laura jealous!


Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Oct 16, 2025
Hi, hi, hi.

How is Laura doing? Looking forward to see more pictures of her.
artist
COMIXIANT
Account Closed
Thu, Oct 16, 2025

Just messing with the ears raally, still haven't started the sculpt yet.

Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Oct 16, 2025
That is a good thing. People, myself included, don't pay enough attention to those details. I always leave that for last when I'm already tired of the shape and want to finish it.
Luxe MuseWed, Oct 29, 2025
Karma: 9,205
Progress has been slow because I have been quite busy this time of year. I hope things return to normal next month.

Forum Image
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Wed, Oct 29, 2025
I love it! And your Shape Key action looks amazing
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Oct 29, 2025
Thank you! I use shape keys a lot, and for other reasons as well. I'm very bad at backing up my files, but I've made creating shape keys a habit, and it saves my day every time.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Wed, Oct 29, 2025
What's important isn't the speed of the work, it's not a race against time, there's no deadline!
What matters is that you're happy with the result and that potential buyers like it too.
Yes, sometimes break down an open doors is good and doesn’t hurt the shoulder too much..
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Oct 29, 2025
Thank you for your encouraging words, Guy! I truly appreciate them!

I am naturally slow, hi hi hi. But even at my turtle pace, this one is suffering a little more than usual.
Luxe MuseTue, Dec 09, 2025
Karma: 9,205
I am resuming work on Amelia. I just finished porting her basic shapes, the regular and the slightly skinnier versions, to G8.

Forum Image
Luxe MuseTue, Dec 09, 2025
Karma: 9,205
I tried projecting the figure from G9, but there were so many issues in the end, especially around the mouth. I ended up redoing it manually.

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Dec 09, 2025
Although unlike with Hanna, I made sure to target G8, not G8.1, when splitting the head and body morphs.
DoroThee237
Karma: 19,491
Tue, Dec 09, 2025
If I've followed the story correctly, Amelia will be for G8F and G9?
Good luck finishing this twin sister duo.

I admire your work because my attempts at Genesis morphs haven't exactly encouraged me to go down that path
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Dec 09, 2025
Hi hi hi! Thank you DoroThee!

I am fascinated by the human form, especially the lips and nose. I regret that boys do not come easily to me. It might be my hand, but that is an area I have set as a goal for 2026 (not that I have precisely conquered the female form).

However, there is still a long way to go. I have not yet sculpted the high-definition details so that I can bake my normal map. I will try to make them look as close as I can for both figures too. Separating the mouth and eyes in G9 is great for this part of the process. It is still not flawless, but it requires less artifact fixing.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Wed, Dec 10, 2025
@Luxe

Hi, it's great to see and hear from you again. A month without " Hi hi hi " is tough... really tough

Good luck with your plans
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Dec 10, 2025
hi hi hi!! Thank you Pushee-Ri! Nice to chat with you too
Luxe MuseWed, Dec 10, 2025
Karma: 9,205
I have just finished her lips, teeth, mouth cavity, tongue, and torso details. I added small ribs for the displacement maps as well, because she is supposed to be skinny. Her navel is done too, for both G8 and G9.

Forum Image
Luxe MuseWed, Dec 10, 2025
Karma: 9,205
Seems I was wrong, haven't done teeth details, only tongue and mouth cavity.

Forum Image
Luxe MuseWed, Dec 10, 2025
Karma: 9,205
Issue fixed

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Dec 10, 2025
Wisdom tooth should be hidden, but once I work on her adult version, I will make a different set.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Wed, Dec 10, 2025
My teeth look a bit yellow, is that from smoking too much?
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Wed, Dec 10, 2025
Google Translate changed the message; it's Amelia's teeth that I find too yellow!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Dec 10, 2025
Either way it still had me giggling thanks for that! Hi hi hi
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Dec 11, 2025
Speaking of yellow, if you are into Blender, I recommend this one, studio light/basic_2.exr (MatCap material), over the rest. I used to use clay_brown a lot before, but this one gives you a better look at fine details, in my opinion, while sculpting.

guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Thu, Dec 11, 2025
No crown, no cavities, she's a dentist's daughter after all!
Luxe MuseMon, Dec 15, 2025
Karma: 9,205
I'm not sure yet. I might keep the full body freckles as an add-on LIE. This is her G9 skin, as I'm close to wrapping up just the base color and some options. It has no specular or roughness maps, none of those things yet, just normal maps and base color.

Forum Image
Luxe MuseMon, Dec 15, 2025
Karma: 9,205
Slightly different. Although it feels like I should divert my attention to something else and come back to this later, if at all.

Forum Image
tedberlinMon, Dec 22, 2025
Karma: 1,352
Looking great Luxe! Merry Christmas!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Dec 22, 2025
Thank you so much, Ted! Merry Christmas to you as well.

I already did another round for her skin. I almost discarded it all and started anewm hi hi hi. I will share once I am happy with it, but I'm super happy you drop by.
Luxe MuseSat, Dec 27, 2025
Karma: 9,205
I'm getting closer to finishing her G9 skin, although there is still work to do. The lips aren't 100% complete, along with other details, and the roughness map needs more love too. Afterwards, I'll move to her G8 skin. It won't be identical, but I'll try to keep it as close as I can.

Fere is her her skin, no freckles:

Forum Image

And a layered option for a sprinkle of freckles on her face, but also her upper torso and shoulders.

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Dec 27, 2025
These aren't her final brows. I still need to do them.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Sat, Dec 27, 2025
What patience! More than 2 months on the same project, I can't do that!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Dec 27, 2025
To be fair, I did go for a while without working on it. I had too much work and the holidays, with the girls at home all day, hi hi hi. But I think I will be able to finish it next month.
artist
IB2024Sun, Dec 28, 2025
Account Closed
Glad to see someone else works on the same pace as me!  


Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Dec 28, 2025
The slow but sure 3D Artist Guild. I thought I was alone in this world. Hi, hi, hi.

Luxe MuseMon, Dec 29, 2025
Karma: 9,205
At this rate, however, I think I am going to finish the G9 package first, or else I will make zero dollars in January and February.
Luxe MuseSat, Jan 03
Karma: 9,205
I have been going at this for a few days, not sure what I'm doing wrong. The translucency and base color maps don't show that strange looking rectangle around her beauty spot.

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Jan 03
I thought that in my Substance files, the beauty spot layer might have had some leftover or a strange stroke I hadn’t noticed I made. But no, it looks really good. And just in case, I erased the area around every beauty spot again.

I also tried removing the specular, normal, bump, and all the other maps until only the base color and translucency remained, and the rectangle was still there.

I’m wondering if it might be something within DAZ or NVIDIA Iray itself.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Jan 03
I also tried different blending modes, just for testing. Having the beauty spot layer multiply, for example. Same result. I can't see the square in the base or translucency maps.
Luxe MuseSat, Jan 03
Karma: 9,205
I think I've figured it out. The beauty spots weren't desaturated enough, and the scattering was creating that artifact. I did a quick test by randomly desaturating the beauty spots, and the artifact is still there, but much better. So, I think it's a combination of using the wrong SSS settings for this particular skin and my translucency maps not working well with darker reds and browns in this case.

Forum Image
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Sun, Jan 04
Honestly, do you think many buyers will take such close-up photos?

But it's true that it shows you're pushing the details to a point I hadn't imagined!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jan 04
That is a great point. I sometimes obsess over little things like this, and I just cannot get past it until I fix it You should see me doing the dishes, hi hi hi
MKDAWUSS
Karma: 82,347
Sun, Jan 04
That's the thing about higher resolutions - they expose those tiny details lower ones miss.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Jan 05
Oh yes, MKDAWUSS, absolutely.

Here is what I did to fix it, or rather, to make it work. Instead of simply using the translucency weight value slider, I created another map with the approximate value I had been using, and then layered the beauty spots on top to mask those areas so they would not be included in the Translucency/SSS pass.
Luxe MuseMon, Jan 05
Karma: 9,205
All of these are using the lower-resolution version of her skin. This issue is resolved with the technique mentioned above.


Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Jan 05
The transition feels a little too harsh however, but this was a test, I'll refine the new map a little more.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Mon, Jan 05
I'm going to give Genesis a telephoto lens for next Christmas so they can take close-ups of the beauty marks
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Jan 05
Hi, hi, hi! :D
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Jan 05
I think that if it looks great up close, then you are safe and need not worry about your lens distance.
Luxe MuseWed, Jan 07
Karma: 9,205
It's hard to decide. I like the third option more, but I would need to cover some of the redness around the eyes. I might have overdone it. Freckles are layered, I didn't add them to these skins. The skins are the same skin I made, just cloned few layers and made changes.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Jan 07
It's been a rough winter (picture # 3), hi, hi, hi
Luxe MuseWed, Jan 07
Karma: 9,205
Maybe more like:

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Jan 07
Hmm...
DoroThee237
Karma: 19,491
Thu, Jan 08
Stop making Amelia cry, the skin around her eyes is red from wiping away her tears
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jan 08
Hi, hi, hi!
Luxe MuseThu, Jan 08
Karma: 9,205
Same skin, different lighting:



Forum Image

Forum Image
Luxe MuseMon, Jan 12
Karma: 9,205
Final Skins (under a simple light):

Default: 

Forum Image


Alternative Skin:

Forum Image

The eyes are also final, the same as the brow and eyelash colors (several options for each).


Luxe MuseMon, Jan 12
Karma: 9,205
Some cleanup needed after this, hi, hi, hi

Forum Image
Luxe MuseMon, Jan 12
Karma: 9,205
Her light freckle option (Layered):

Forum Image

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Jan 12
Since it will take some time for her G8 version to be completed, I will initially release her package as a G9-only package. Once the G8 version is finished, it will be added as a free update, so everyone who purchases the G9 version will also receive the G8 version when it is ready.

Please note that this applies only to her young character. As you all know, I am no longer combining young and adult characters in the same package to comply with the guidelines, so the adult version will be a completely separate package.

Her G8 skin will be a little different. I am hand-painting that one as well, and I did not quite match the HD lip details exactly. I tried as much as I could, but it is not identical.
Bobb
Karma: 1,843
Tue, Jan 13
She's looking awfully cute so far. Good work!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Jan 13
Thank you so much, Bobb
renderhubuser004r132
Karma: 270
Tue, Jan 13
Cute.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Jan 13
Thank you very, very much, render user004!
Luxe MuseFri, Jan 23
Karma: 9,205
Here's a little more progress on Genesis 8. (I already had her sculpture about halfway finished; these are extra details for the normal and displacement maps.) Honestly, I think she's turning out even lovelier than Genesis 9, so once I'm done with Genesis 8, Genesis 9 will receive another round of improvements.


Forum Image
Luxe MuseWed, Jan 28
Karma: 9,205
There's still plenty to go, but I think the G8 skin is getting closer to G9. The brows, though, high, high, high. I think I need to do those again as well.


The order is: G9 - G8

Forum Image
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Wed, Jan 28
Je trouve que la peau de G8 est un peu plus rose que celle de G9 qui est plus jaune. Mais ést-ce si grave ?
---
I find that G8's skin is a bit pinker than G9's, which is more yellow. But is that really so important?
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Jan 28
Oh yes, great observation, Guy!

I am really thinking hard about this one. It is the same PBR material. In theory, the colors I use are identical for the base color and the material. The material values are identical as well. I know I made a mistake somewhere. I just cannot figure out where. I do know my rough map and specular maps are wrong (they differ in intensity), but I do not think that causes the pinker skin. It might be that the mistake I mentioned, which I have not found yet, is combining with or affecting the translucency map.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Jan 28
When I say the same, I mean every layer I use in Substance Painter, I tried to do it identical for her G8 skin.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Thu, Jan 29
SELECT * FROM skin_table WHERE color = "to pink"
:-=
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jan 29
Hi, hi, hi, hi!

CASE IF color= "way too pink" THEN G8 ELSE G9 Group By Amelia
Luxe MuseThu, Jan 29
Karma: 9,205
Another pass on those brows

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jan 29
They are still not good enough

Third round incoming.
Luxe MuseFri, Jan 30
Karma: 9,205
The eyebrows in the third round are looking much better. There are still some small details to work on for her skin, such as the roughness seeming too little in some areas, and so forth. And all her correctives. But I think she is almost ready.


Forum Image
Bobb
Karma: 1,843
Sat, Jan 31
To me (and maybe just to me) she looks a bit cross eyed.
And she needs to smile, young ladies should always be smiling. How about a puppy...that'll bring out some giggles and nice smile.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Jan 31
Hi Bob. You are absolutely correct. Great calls. I will get her a puppy!!

I still need to do her JCMs. Her current smile (base G8 smile dial) does not look like her. She is not ready. Right now I have completed only her base shapes (Natura, Skinnier, teen, etc.) and moved on to do her skin and other textures and features like her eyebrows, to look somewhat close to her G9 counterpart.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Jan 31
I redid her shot, but this time using Look At Me, versus winging it.

image
Bobb
Karma: 1,843
Sat, Jan 31
Yup, here stare looks more natural now...at least to me.
Good go.
Went out for a run.....ok a jog, at my age I don't really tun anymore...and had to stop for two dogs that where being walked to scratch them because of course, no dog EVER gets enough scratches.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Jan 31
Hi, hi, hi. Amelia should get a boxer, because they are puppies almost all their lives.

By the way, my gym friend is 75, and I remember around six years or so ago her saying something similar about trying to keep up, she doesn't anymore. Keep jogging but mix it up with a daily routine. Thirty minutes tops is all your body needs and not just cardio. I think cardio is overrated, strength is better for your bone density, and muscles too.

Old is one of the only words that breaks the spirit.
Bobb
Karma: 1,843
Sat, Jan 31
*chuckle* One of the dogs I see regularly is a boxer named Kona. She's crazy strong and her wagging tail stings a bit when it hits your leg.
I bit off topic but, I may be old, but I'm like...cool old! There's a popular meme out by Dick Van Dyke where he states all the reasons he's exercised through various stages of his life. He says that in his 90's, exercise is an act of defiance (he just turned 100), I like that! Last year I peddled (no electric bike shit here!) 12,373 kms for the year. I'm hoping to be able to do an imperial century (160 kms) on my 70th birthday in March (17th) but this winter is very cold and snowy so I may have to settle for a run...er...jog.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Jan 31

"cool old!" Love it!

image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account