×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

WIP_The Millennium Falcon NB2997 (CLOSED)

eye859
Handyman454Sun, Nov 03, 2019
Karma: 1,267
I was inspired by an on-line friend who is doing amazing things with the MF and some customization's, to try my hand in it as well.
image
This model is available free online and I was really amazed at the detail it had when I opened it and installed it.
I'm afraid I'm not as good as she is in bringing the people to life so I thought I'd look a little closer at the actual model of the ship and after downloading it I discovered that while it was amazingly detailed on the exterior, it lacked any interior detailing other than some simplistic cockpit items.
image

So, I started playing with it...

Handyman454Sun, Nov 03, 2019
Karma: 1,267
I didn't like the scale when I first started playing with this. the seats didn't fit the cockpit properly when compared to the movie cuts and it didn't work well in modifications because there was no head room so after breaking up the cockpit shell to expose the inner parts, I ramped  up the scale in order to scale in new stuff and rescaled the cockpit seats to better fit the cockpit.
image
I noted that there were only two seats in the cockpit and I needed four so after I redesigned the seats with new padding, contours and framing, I reset the two forward seats to allow two more.
image
It was at this point that I noted some issues in the cabin windows that I didn't like so I redid the cockpit window sashes, panes and framing to correct several original design deficiencies and finally, played a bit with the textures before putting it away again.

Handyman454Sun, Nov 03, 2019
Karma: 1,267
The newest work was on a new control console system and then some photo shop'g and a first render.
image
When I pushed this out in Iray, I noted the glossy appearance of the seats that I'd forgotten to "matte" being as I'd set them up as cloth, and I liked that appearance so my next render will reflect the cloth seats with a wood grain sell behind them.
bu_esSat, Nov 30, 2019
Karma: 12,133
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooWWW
IonSat, Nov 30, 2019
Karma: 5,836
Coming out cool!
Handyman454Sat, Nov 30, 2019
Karma: 1,267
Many thx guys.
Handyman454Sat, Nov 30, 2019
Karma: 1,267
imageI was searching for a Wookie character and another for the pilot other than Solo but no luck so far.
I'd like to pose them on the sand outside, in conversation with the native inhabitants.
Anybody know where I can get a decent Wookie?
Foxy 3DSat, Nov 30, 2019
Admin: 59,523
Handyman454Sun, Dec 01, 2019
Karma: 1,267
As a matter of fact, yes but there is no txt file with notes on it and as such, I have no idea how to get it to work for me.
All I have is Daz to work with and as such, all I can open is the obj version that loads static, with no textures and no bones.
I downloaded him but gave up on him after fussing around miserably for nearly an hour.

Perhaps I'm just ignorant here and missing something fundamental but, what good is the image if you can't manipulate it?
Handyman454Mon, Dec 02, 2019
Karma: 1,267
SUNSET NEGOTIATIONS
image
I gave up on finding a Wookie.
Instead, I gave her a new crew from her past registry.
David Moniker (Cpt) and Sarah Loft (Nav & 1st Off).
Smugglers extraordinaire!
I'm still working on making footprints in the sand and I think I need to dark it up a bit more but here's what I have so far to go with the cockpit shot.

Handyman454Wed, Dec 04, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Playing with a new look.
The cockpit diameter was retained but lengthened another meter and a half the seats spread out wider. More room to get in and out of them, greater camera visibility, and less cramped now. I have also some new controls on a different layout console.
Also removed the overhead console. It's not in the original Falcon and offers greater visibility for the pilot & copilot.
Technically speaking, there would be an overhead as both pilots need far more control access than just the floor console but the screen production model doesn't have it because, that's Hollywood. Mostly fantasy and little reality.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account