Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumArticlesWallpapers
HOME|FORUMS|SITE HELP AND FEEDBACK

Facebook Group

Tue, Nov 19, 2019
Calico
United States
Facebook Group

I was just wondering if there is a RenderHub Facebook group? If not, maybe you could think about creating one. Vendors could post their items and coupons, artists could post their renders of RenderHub items, maybe there could be contests.

Just a thought....

Tue, Nov 19, 2019
Ion
Administrator

There's nto a group, just our page : https://www.facebook.com/renderhub3dmodels

I like the idea :)

Wed, Nov 20, 2019
Calico
United States

Great!! I think it would be fun :)

Wed, Nov 20, 2019
Foxy 3D
Administrator

I like the idea too, Calico. We need more vendors to be active like you!  :-)

Wed, Nov 20, 2019
Calico
United States

I'm trying, lol! I want this place to be a great success! I get treated SO much better here. Everyone seems so much friendlier.

Thu, Nov 21, 2019
Handyman454
United States

The difference between success and failure (or stagnancy as the case may be) of a storefront is it's advertising efforts.

A storefront site that advertises heavily will be searched (and subsequently shopped) more often than a site that does little or no advertising.

The same theory works for the vendors as well though.

The more you personally advertise, the more traffic you get to your storefront.
The more traffic, the more sales.

The question then becomes, who's responsibility is it to advertise?

Your'es (the vendor), or the site's to keep your on going business (creations)?

Most vendors, like artists in general, have no idea how to advertise effectively. Subsequently, they create a stock of "things" and mothball them as they go.

Nothing moves till a friend or colleague, discovers them accidentally and either buys them or advertises them, "For Sale".

Since most artists aren't interested in investing the time in advertising, the site, who's interest in income is solely from the split of commissions with the artist, should head that up.

Note however, that a site that sells outside, advertising space on their website doesn't need your success to make money.
The site that profits solely from your success, needs your success to prosper.

Seems to me it should be a combination of efforts in advertising. But the site should be running the advertising campaigns.

You as the vendor, should have your own campaign as well.

Thu, Nov 21, 2019
Ion
Administrator

Yes, super happy to have you guys as part of our site.

@Handyman, Yes, advertising is SUPER important, but can be expensive. We hope our vendors do make some sort of effort, but of course we will spend as much as we can on advertising to help bring more users.

In any case, I am in for the long haul, so every day I keep hacking away at making this the best place I possibly can for the 3D community :)

Thu, Nov 21, 2019
Foxy 3D
Administrator

@Handyman454 - Great points for sure. 

And Calico is a good example of a vendor doing what she can to promote herself. 

https://www.renderhub.com/calico/gallery

https://www.deviantart.com/calicodesigns

https://www.facebook.com/DesignsByCalico/

https://www.artstation.com/designsbybycalico

She's got the right idea!  :-)

And @Calico - I am super happy to hear that you "get treated SO much better here." and "Everyone seems so much friendlier."  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Thu, Nov 21, 2019
Calico
United States

Advertising is a MUST if you want to succeed. I know some vendors and artists get upset that nobody "wants their stuff", then again they don't advertise it. 

If this is what you want to do, whether a vendor or artist or even both, you MUST advertise. That is the only way to get noticed :)

Plus, I love to see the reaction of people to my work :)

Yes Foxy, I LOVE it here!!

Wed, Nov 27, 2019
Pinspotter
United States

Calico, I played that game for many years and I got nowhere. The game is rigged. As said above, you have to spend money or your content won't be seen. I know this, firsthand.

Take for example, this IG post of mine:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4zbtyCndUl/

Sure, it has 295 likes. Wanna know why? I bought a 3-day campaign for six dollars. My organic "likes" average is around 40. So it isn't enough to put it out there, and talk it up. You have to pay for the posts to be seen.

As for Facebook groups, I don't really take part any more, aside from generic art groups. I am a member of Facebook's largest CG group, but 99% of the time I don't bother posting anything because it's mostly people asking for advice on how to solve problems in software. For Studio/Poser-specific groups, every single group I have been a part of, has been garbage. Too much drama, and my artwork is largely ignored, due to this bizarre notion that the more realistic something is, the better it is. Stylized art is pretty much out the window with these groups. So I no longer bother with them. I strongly advise against having a RenderHub Facebook group. I won't take part in one.

Wed, Nov 27, 2019
bu_es
Spain

Hi, I also thought that a Renderhub group in FB is missing. I am used to publicize myself ... because Renderosity does not do it as much as I would like (well I am not a top seller).

But I am not here to speak ill of others ... I think it is a very good idea and it is a very good tool.

Wed, Nov 27, 2019
bu_es
Spain

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtCGSocietyfacebooktwitterInstagramPinteresttumblrBehanceLinkedindribbble