×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

WIP - Tie Bomber / Fighter (CLOSED)

eye808
Thread Activity
Handyman454Wed, Feb 26, 2020
Handyman454Tue, Feb 25, 2020
Still experimenting with lasers, projectiles and thrust images.Also thought I'd add a character to the cockpit.Getting the lighting right inside and o
Handyman454Tue, Feb 25, 2020
Handyman454Thu, Jan 16, 2020
I'm taking suggestions on improving these models.If you have a problem or just a suggestion, send it to me here and I'll see what I can do to incorpor
Handyman454Thu, Jan 16, 2020
Working on an interceptor now.Not happy with the structural aspects of the original design. Stupid engineering. Wondering where the engine compartment
Handyman454Sat, Dec 28, 2019
Tie Bomber-057-B2B
Handyman454Fri, Dec 13, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image

Handyman454Sat, Dec 14, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Handyman454Sat, Dec 14, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Foxy 3DSun, Dec 15, 2019
Admin: 59,523
Looks nice!  
Handyman454Sat, Dec 21, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
The Tie Bomber B2B will be slightly different than the original.
It will feature softer corners and some aerodynamic features not present in the original version, the wing panels have been modified to a grid collector system and the cockpit can assembly is shown with the cockpit can fully extended in it's down position for boarding.

image
I'm almost done with the redraw and when complete, I'll upload it to the sales site as a "freebie".
Handyman454Sat, Dec 21, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Ok.
She's complete now. Or at least for the moment anyway.
The Tie Bomber-B2B
Handyman454Sat, Dec 21, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Handyman454Sat, Dec 21, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Handyman454Sat, Dec 21, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Handyman454Sun, Dec 22, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Decided to add the Ion laser cannons in a different location than the cockpit can.
Less distraction for the pilot coming from the side rather than below his vision.

Did some research and located some really cool drawings and books and decided to stick with the printed version of the cannon.

image
Had to alter the reactor can, dorsal pod with new hardpoints on the top and bottom.
I'm still undecided on whether to add a housing for the cannon or just mounting frames and leaving it exposed.
The balance of the Ion Cannon (the firing computer, reactor and power converter chamber) will be contained inside the dorsal pod itself. Working on that part now.

The finished version will include operable fore and aft doors to access the fire control computer, reactor and power converter chamber.
Foxy 3DMon, Dec 23, 2019
Admin: 59,523
Coming along nicely! 
Handyman454Mon, Dec 23, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
I now have about 90% of the cannons done and the mounting will look as shown.
I think I'm gonna put a cowl around the laser chamber assmby though.

image
From the open, forward pod door showing the reactor chamber assmby. and firing control computer.

image


image
From the rear of the dorsal pod showing the reactor assmby and firing control computer.
Still a bit more conduits to install.
Handyman454Wed, Dec 25, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
SFS L-S7.2 Laser Cannon
The last wip (maybe) of the Tie Bomber B2B with the ion cannons mounted.
New cannon shrouds with doors for the laser cannon access and additional "stuff" in the dorsal pod.

Merry Christmas to all!!!
Handyman454Sat, Dec 28, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Tie Bomber-057-B2B

Handyman454Thu, Jan 16, 2020
Karma: 1,267
image
Working on an interceptor now.
Not happy with the structural aspects of the original design. Stupid engineering. Wondering where the engine compartment was, where the guns and laser system was and why the panel struts were mounted vertical rather than horizontal since the thrust is forward and backward not up and down.
Modifying the gun mounts and the engine pods as well as the panel struts.
When it's done, it'll be beefier than the original design but it will be far more realistic in structure and design.
image
The rear view shows the raw, engine pod enhancement and a rear of the gun pods.
The panel struts were rotated 90 degrees to better support the forward and backward thrust of the ship.
The ships hull was modified slightly as well.
This version will support the standard, pilots can, entered and jettisoned from the bottom.
The rear section will hold the life support apparatus.
Handyman454Thu, Jan 16, 2020
Karma: 1,267
I'm taking suggestions on improving these models.
If you have a problem or just a suggestion, send it to me here and I'll see what I can do to incorporate it.
Handyman454Tue, Feb 25, 2020
Karma: 1,267
image
Handyman454Tue, Feb 25, 2020
Karma: 1,267
Still experimenting with lasers, projectiles and thrust images.
Also thought I'd add a character to the cockpit.
Getting the lighting right inside and outside was a challenge but I think I did ok here.

I'm gonna try altering the exhaust vector in a more curved fashion next, maybe a cork screw effect?


Character: V4
Suit: Hyper Suit Xurge 3D Corp.
Tie Bomber: This Rendition MCS
Backdrop: Google'd





Handyman454Wed, Feb 26, 2020
Karma: 1,267
image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account