Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|TEXTURING AND SURFACING

Importing png textures into DAZ Studio (CLOSED)

Mon, Mar 09, 2020
Eltuco
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
Importing png textures into DAZ Studio

Hi folks. new to all this but already have a question. I purchased some textures in png format and can't apply them in DAZ...  The products have separate pngs for diffuse. glossiness, render, reflection , normal and height but when I search under browse in DAZ I get nothing and a note that no files match search. Probably a silly question to some but I've so far been limited to importing  Poser and jpegs...any help appreciated.

Mon, Mar 09, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Daz should be able to handle PNG files no problem. 

When you say "search under browse in DAZ" - can you clarify what you're trying to do?

Have you tried navigating directly to the folder where you saved your PNG texture files?

Mon, Mar 09, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

(Moved thread to "Texturing and Surfacing" forum)

Mon, Mar 09, 2020
Eltuco

Hi foxy - thanks for your response. I did navigate directly and no luck - there was nothing in the folder as though the products weren't there and a 'no files match your search' message . These are pbr textures from Cgaxis - great looking stuff - but they won't show under attempts to load them onto say - a wood bench - using the DAZ surfaces menu and browse under  little box left of the base slider. I don't have any add-on directory programs or the like.  These are stored in a folder on the desktop which I will move to another spot once I have this sorted.

Tried setting them p in a shader folder in DAZ My Library but they were no shows.

Were these designed to run through photoshop or the like and imported?

Never seen this before.  

Obviously I'm the fault end. Should have stuck to rebuilding old Jaguars but this is really a lot more fun. 

Mon, Mar 09, 2020
Eltuco

Found I could apply the texture from the diffuse file by copying it directly onto the desktop. The scaling of the detail is off - much too large - but at least I'm getting somewhere.  

Tue, Mar 10, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

OK, so I understand you CAN see the PNG files then?

Are you just having trouble getting them to look right in Daz? 

Have you been able to successfully use other images as textures in Daz?

Is this the only product / only files you have had this issue with?

If you're still having trouble, please let me know which product it is so we can take a look. 

If scaling is the only issue, I can help you solve that pretty quickly. 

Otherwise, we'll do what we can to make sure you get the full use out of the product(s) that you purchased. 

Tue, Mar 10, 2020
Eltuco

Hi. yes i can see the files and bring them up on the desktop and have been able to apply the diffuse png to the diffuse map on the surfaces tabs and the textures are lovely. Have had no luck with applying the heigh, normal or reflection. Particularly interested in the height for some of the fabrics and stone. This might be my lack of experience with non "plug and play" third party content. 

Poser stuff i can handle except trying to use Poser figures in DAZ. Not gonna try. 

I had  success with the png diffuse by using the same technique I 've used with jpeg backdrop photos. Set it by itself o the desktop free of any pathways, folders, etc. Doubt it's proper doctrine but...

Any help with texture scaling would be great. Applied a leather diffuse to a large object and the skin looked like something from a 3rd rate sci-fi. I imagine it would be better on a much smaller object but some advice or a link to set this stuff where i need would be great!

Thanks!

Tue, Mar 10, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Hey there. Here's a video I have linked other people to in the past. This guy does a pretty good job explaining things, and touches on all of the things you mentioned - including how to change the scale / tile your texture. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAZlJsIeK0w

If you have any other specific questions that he doesn't address, feel free to ask. 

Getting the right look is way more than just dropping textures into Daz. The slider values will change things drastically. 

One thing I can recommend, is to use any shaders that you may have - and like the look of - and then replace the textures that came with that shader product with your own textures. 

Then you will have a good starting point with the sliders, and then tweak from there. If that makes sense...  

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck, and have fun!  :-)  

Wed, Mar 11, 2020
Eltuco

Excellent! Thanks!

Thu, Mar 12, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

You're welcome.  Let me know how it goes. 

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble