×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Cyber Baba Yaga (CLOSED)

eye1,518
Thread Activity
RenderHubThu, Mar 04, 2021
Congrats
Foxy 3DSun, Jan 24, 2021
In case you didn't see the official announcement, CONGRATULATIONS are in order!Come see the winners announcement right here.  Winners w
Foxy 3DFri, Jan 15, 2021
She turned out amazing! Totally cool concept, and you put it all together perfectly.  :-)  Thank you for participating, and for sharing
PavlinMFri, Jan 15, 2021
Added character to sketchfab. You can download model here: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/cyber-baba-yaga-62c1c291552f4121b583d170da012a61Also y
PavlinMThu, Jan 14, 2021
Here is my final WIP. I'm glad that I was able to participate this contest. I think, competitions like this really help to improve skills and It help
Foxy 3DWed, Jan 13, 2021
Looking fantastic! Can't wait to see the final render.  :-)  
PavlinMTue, Oct 13, 2020
Karma: 301
Baba Yaga is character of slavic mythology and tales. She is old witch with broom and huge mortar. Usually she is villainous person, which stealing children and making bad things. But sometimes, she can help antagonists solve their problems. 
In 2056 cyber tecnology has increased at next level. People started to replace their body parts with cybernetic augmentarion. Our character decided, that upgrade for her body will be good idea.
Foxy 3DTue, Oct 13, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Sounds cool! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 
Thanks for participating.    
PavlinMTue, Oct 13, 2020
Karma: 301
Ok. Let's start!
Before adding cyber implants, I want to make her nature body. Today i started working with head. I made main shapes of face and hair. 

imageimage
Foxy 3DTue, Oct 13, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Lookin' cool so far. Thanks for the WIPs!  
PavlinMThu, Oct 15, 2020
Karma: 301
I've not worked with character too much last days, but i made main shapes of body and started to work with clothes.
image
PavlinMSat, Oct 17, 2020
Karma: 301
It was hard, but I made cybernetic hand.
First I made main skelet, after this, I added pneumatic systems. Next I made outer shell, and finally I created details.
Next step is work on cybernetic leg.

image

image
BadBBillySat, Oct 17, 2020
Karma: 162
cybernetic WIP's are looking sweet, great work.  Looks like an awesome terminator-hybrid movie character on the way.
Foxy 3DSun, Oct 18, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Pretty cool stuff! Thanks for sharing your progress.    


PavlinMTue, Oct 20, 2020
Karma: 301
Thank you @ Foxy 3D and thank you @ BadBBilly 
Cybernetic leg is finished. I ended working with main shapes and now I will start working with details.
ext step is working with her face.
image
image
PavlinMSun, Oct 25, 2020
Karma: 301
This weekend I made head.
First step was reshape and adding main wrinkles.
image

Next I made mouth and teeth:
image

After this I added cybernetic eye:
image

Then I remade her haircut (but i will end her hair after retopology) 
image 

Next step was adding large details and wrinkles:
image

And finally i added surface and small details:
image
PavlinMSun, Oct 25, 2020
Karma: 301
Other sides:
imageimage
Next step is detailing natural hand and leg.
Can you give me some advice and comments? It can help me a lot
Foxy 3DTue, Oct 27, 2020
Admin: 59,523
That eye is like BAM! Makes the character so far. Very cool!    
PavlinMSun, Nov 01, 2020
Karma: 301
Thank you Foxy 3D
I finished detailing her body. Next step is making clothes.
imageimageimageimage
Foxy 3DTue, Nov 03, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Really cool! Thanks for the awesome WIPs.    
bu_esFri, Nov 06, 2020
Karma: 12,133
Very Nice!!!!
PavlinMSun, Nov 08, 2020
Karma: 301
Thank you Foxy 3D and bu_es. I'm glad that you like this work.
That's my next WIP. I made her clothes. Unfortunately I cant make all of i want because it takes a lot of time and i may not finish in time. Maybe i add some small details and work on surface of coat, but i finished most main elements. 
image
imageimageimage
image
Next step iss retopology an making hair (hair is realy hard for me and i put this off as long as i can)
Foxy 3DSun, Nov 08, 2020
Admin: 59,523
So cool! Thank you, again, for sharing your progress with the nice detailed WIPs.  
PavlinMSun, Nov 15, 2020
Karma: 301
Hi everyone. I havent finished retopology yet. It must take few days, but today I show you mainBaba Yaga items: turbojet mortar and broom.
image

image 

image
Foxy 3DTue, Nov 17, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Oh my gosh! She gets some cool toys, too!    

Foxy 3DFri, Nov 20, 2020
Admin: 59,523
CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 15, 2021

Some contest participants have been giving feedback that they may not have time to complete their projects, or may have to take shortcuts to make the November 30th deadline. 
To relieve some of this anxiety and give artists more time to do the quality job they want, RenderHub has decided to extend the entry period deadline to January 15, 2021. 

We thank you all for participating! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

PavlinMSun, Nov 22, 2020
Karma: 301
OK, Foxy 3D, thanks for the warning. Maybe I can add some extra details and features. But maybe it's too much time. Somebody can make second character during this time. I think, 2 weeks is enough to finish all works.

Today i want to show you remake of cybernetic hand (I didn't like pevious version) and lowpoly model.
imageimage
I don't know what i will do at next step. I wanted to work hard and finish character last week, but now i should add some small details to make her better.
Foxy 3DMon, Nov 23, 2020
Admin: 59,523
You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback. 
Thank you also, for sharing your continued progress. 
I really have enjoyed following your workflow. She's looking amazing!
PavlinMSun, Dec 06, 2020
Karma: 301
Sorry, for not showing my WIP last week. I back to sculpt and made some changes with hi-poly.
First I made redesign os her blouse
image
Next step was detailing of her cyber palm and wrist
image
And I wanted to make more details to the coat
image

I think i should finish this work. Next step is  texturing. If I add extra details, I show it later.

Jakob ScheidtSun, Dec 06, 2020
Karma: 280
Great fabric details!
Foxy 3DMon, Dec 07, 2020
Admin: 59,523
WOW - I liked what you had before, but your before/after shots show a significant improvement. 
Great job, and thank you for sharing this.    


RxLnxMon, Dec 07, 2020
Karma: 1,493
Dear Pavlin ... and Foxy, Marco and Jakob,

 Impressive project, interesting character and I liked her jewellery.

 Be very interested to see the textures and colours chosen for her outfit.

 Also impressed to see Jacob here looking and offering positive contribution.

Waves to Ms Foxy and Bu_Es.

Cheers all - keep well and keep smiling,

Rick.
PavlinMThu, Jan 07, 2021
Karma: 301
Hi everyone and happy New Year!
Thank you Jakob Scheidt, Foxy 3D, and RxLnx. I'm glad that you liked it. 
Finally I can continue my work and in this WIP I show all textures

Head 
image

Cybernetic arm and leg
imageimage

Clothes
image

And full body
image
One week left and I must hurry up. Next steps are making hairs and rigging
Foxy 3DFri, Jan 08, 2021
Admin: 59,523
She's looking amazing! I'm glad to see you're still in it. 
Thanks for sharing your progress.    


PavlinMTue, Jan 12, 2021
Karma: 301
Finally I finished her hair, stuff and rigged model by 3ds max CAT system .
imageimageimage
Next step will be final character render
Foxy 3DWed, Jan 13, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Looking fantastic! Can't wait to see the final render.    


PavlinMThu, Jan 14, 2021
Karma: 301
Here is my final WIP. I'm glad that I was able to participate this contest. I think, competitions like this really help to improve skills and It help me learn new things.
Thank you RenderHub and thank you Foxy 3D 
Final renders:
image
image
I will add link to my Artstation soon.
PavlinMFri, Jan 15, 2021
Karma: 301
Added character to sketchfab. You can download model here: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/cyber-baba-yaga-62c1c291552f4121b583d170da012a61
Also you can see model at my artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GaVlga
I want to thank other 3D artists. You create awesome characters, and this help to increase motivation to improve art skills.
And I want to thank renderhub and Foxy 3D  again for for organazing and hosting this competition. 
Foxy 3DFri, Jan 15, 2021
Admin: 59,523
She turned out amazing! Totally cool concept, and you put it all together perfectly.    
Thank you for participating, and for sharing such great WIPs and details along the way. I have really enjoyed following your project.  
I'm just the contest host and won't be judging, but best of luck to you!  



Foxy 3DSun, Jan 24, 2021
Admin: 59,523
In case you didn't see the official announcement, CONGRATULATIONS are in order!

Come see the winners announcement right here.  

Winners will get a private message from the owner of RenderHub soon so he can get your mailing address to ship out the prizes, and to request the download link for your project. 

Thanks for participating, and great job!    
RenderHubThu, Mar 04, 2021
Admin: 35,853
Congrats

image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account