×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

I'll be your good boy (CLOSED)

eye769
Thread Activity
NascentWed, Jan 20, 2021
Hi W3cbot, Thanks for your word :)
w3cbotWed, Jan 20, 2021
Nice shoes  
NascentTue, Jan 19, 2021
trying to finish it even though the competition hit the due date. Thanks for this competition so I started to make my Paikia.
Foxy 3DWed, Jan 13, 2021
Cool! I'm glad to see you're still in it.  :-)  
NascentTue, Jan 12, 2021
some progress update for paikia, continue working on it!
Foxy 3DTue, Nov 24, 2020
Awesome. Glad to hear the extension will be helpful for you to continue.  :-)  
NascentWed, Oct 14, 2020
Karma: 148
I will try my best to show my progress and get it done!

ps: sorry for previous post
NascentThu, Oct 15, 2020
Karma: 148
Contest Dates
Submission Start Date: October 1, 2020
Deadline for submissions: November 30, 2020

Texture Pack
https://www.renderhub.com/3d-sk/character-design-contest-texture-pack

Deliverables
One completely original character model including geometry and textures as well as WIP and final renderings.

Terms and Conditions
Work entered into this contest must be the original work of the contest entrant. This contest is open to persons 18 years or older, as of the start date of the contest. Employees, and their immediate families, including household members of RenderHub are not eligible to enter. RenderHub reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner. Incomplete entries may be declared void. Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. Submitted work may not infringe on any third-party rights. Only one submission is allowed per person.

NascentSat, Oct 17, 2020
Karma: 148
Some detail for this Character :
He drunk most of the time, from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. and sleep afterward.
image
My character sketch for the contest, probably will have few more sketches before I head into 3D
BadBBillySat, Oct 17, 2020
Karma: 162
love the sketch, looks like one of my uncles, haha, keep up the great work.
NascentSun, Oct 18, 2020
Karma: 148
His name is PaiKia, He love to take a walk in mountain, so I think i will add him a pair of shoes.
image
Continue my sketches, try to have something tomorrow.

Thanks BadBBilly!
Foxy 3DSun, Oct 18, 2020
Admin: 59,523
LOL. He's destined for great things!
Can't wait to see how he comes out.    

Thanks for participating in the contest.  
NascentMon, Oct 19, 2020
Karma: 148
He look not happy all the time, even he won lottery.
image
Today I try to give a little bit structure in the face so I could have an idea how it work in 3D. Side view might need do more adjustment while I work in 3D.
NascentMon, Oct 19, 2020
Karma: 148
I just notice that look like "WANTED" after I posted it XD.
He probably be in jail before!
NascentTue, Oct 20, 2020
Karma: 148
Paikia love to wear polo tee, and he used to fall in love with few lady.
but time wash out all the lady that not suitable and left the ink stay in his leg.
image
I can't let him be naked so the right hand side would be final costume.
Next progress I would try to figure out the tattoo look.

NascentThu, Oct 22, 2020
Karma: 148
probably Paikia look like this in 3D!
image
Today just wanted to sketch something in 3D, so I left the tattoo behind.
BadBBillyFri, Oct 30, 2020
Karma: 162
wow, we just witnessed Paikai come to life from the designers artistic mind to the 2d concept art then onto the awesome 3D form. exciting watching the design progress come to life, keep up the great work. Look forward to more WIP.
NascentMon, Nov 02, 2020
Karma: 148
Paikia is a sleepy tiger, He probably will show his tiger move later on.
image

Thanks BadBBilly, I will keep on update.

I quite love to work in Dynamesh for proxy stage, I will switch around Maya and Zbrush to get a basic shape until, exspecially working on props.
I'm still planning for his Tatoo and Shirt illustration.


Foxy 3DFri, Nov 20, 2020
Admin: 59,523
CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 15, 2021

Some contest participants have been giving feedback that they may not have time to complete their projects, or may have to take shortcuts to make the November 30th deadline. 
To relieve some of this anxiety and give artists more time to do the quality job they want, RenderHub has decided to extend the entry period deadline to January 15, 2021. 

We thank you all for participating! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

NascentMon, Nov 23, 2020
Karma: 148
Woow glad to receive this message, almost wanted to give up cause my schedule are busted!
Thanks a lot for the information!
Foxy 3DTue, Nov 24, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Awesome. Glad to hear the extension will be helpful for you to continue.    


NascentTue, Jan 12, 2021
Karma: 148
imageimage
some progress update for paikia, continue working on it!
Foxy 3DWed, Jan 13, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Cool! I'm glad to see you're still in it.    
NascentTue, Jan 19, 2021
Karma: 148
imageimageimageimageimage

trying to finish it even though the competition hit the due date. Thanks for this competition so I started to make my Paikia.
w3cbotWed, Jan 20, 2021
Karma: 194
Nice shoes  
NascentWed, Jan 20, 2021
Karma: 148
Hi W3cbot, Thanks for your word
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account