Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.

RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Interior Design
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
RPG Models
dazDaz Content
Daz On Sale!
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
3D On Sale!How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Contest Entry Tanaris Téras (CLOSED)

Wed, Oct 14, 2020
Shafam
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
Contest Entry Tanaris Téras

Here is my official entry for the challenge, i am still on the concepting and designing process but i have a clear idea in my head.

My character is from another planet and it's cosidered a god among the living creature in his world, he is not really but his species (family)  is pretty powerful as they are able to be one with the forces of nature and use them as they please, there are 6 of them in total, each one with a different element, fire, water, earth, thunder, light and dark, the light and dark are the first 2 member of the family father and mother , the other 4 are brothers and sisters.

Tanaris Téras, tanaris meaning lighting fromt celtic and téras meaning monster from greek, is the youngest of the family, with a lot to learn about his power and his role in the future of his planet where, they are not the the only family able to harvest the power of the elements.

This is a quick summary of the story that i am developing i could maybe write a book about it haha but i suck at writing.

My character is generally a good guy but young and rebellious, his planet even if full of powerful being is really backward technology wise, shaman tribes are the norm, and rituals, conflict and wars happen constantly between "elemental families" and  the rest of the population warshiping and siding with different "godly" entity.

I will work on the power description later on, going more in depth with the story.

These are the concept/references i will be focusing on, ah ye his wepon of choice is the hammer of course.image

Thu, Oct 15, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

WOW - Sounds pretty cool!

Welcome to the contest.  :-)  

Wed, Oct 28, 2020
akuma kabuko
artist

that is awesome the fact that you made an entire world to support the character your creating your a lot like me by that I mean creating storylines for my characters  but i also suck at writing, I'm looking forward to see how your character design turns out to be and maybe after this we can collaborate to see how we can help each other out then who knows what will happen after thats if you're interested contact me I'm the dude creating Spirit thanks for reading.

Tue, Nov 10, 2020
Shafam

Thanks for the comments, i have been busy this weeks buti i will still finish this challenge for sure here are some quick concepts, i promise my 3D modeling skills are better than my 2D skills XD

imageimage

Tue, Nov 10, 2020
Shafam

block out image

Thu, Nov 12, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Glad you're still in! Thanks for the update.  :-)  

Thu, Nov 12, 2020
Shafam

getting there with general muscle mass image

Thu, Nov 12, 2020
Shafam

imageimage

Thu, Nov 12, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Cool! Starting to take shape. Thanks for sharing your progress.  :-)  

Sun, Nov 15, 2020
Shafam

Thanks, here is some more, here he is with his majestic wild hairs, i am really enjoying the process i have been able to do a lot on my sunday off imageimageimage

Sun, Nov 15, 2020
Shafam

I am starting on the cloths, something simple as his spieces lives in a pretty backward era, just the minimun necessary, fun fact:  people don't usaully wear foot wear in this world but Tanaris is the exception as he is disgusted by most insects especially slugs ( alien slugs ), therefore he weares shoes and doesn't want to step on anything similar to them, after i finish with the cloths i can move one to the runes tattoo all over his body and scars obtained from training with his brother and sisters, and right after that the Runic Hammer.

imageimage

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
Shafam

Shamanic mask, evry rune on the reptangle piece of the mask have a meaning following this concept

imageimage

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
Shafam

The best part of the body, working on the tattos/runes, that are directly related to his power and abilities i am taking inspiration, from a mixture of african, carabbian and viking tattos also from my own imagination it will take me one or two days to complete it but after this i can move to the weapon the hammer 

imageimage

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

NICE! Thanks for sharing the cool WIPs.  :-)  

Wed, Nov 18, 2020
Shafam

Thanks Foxy

tnaris Téras

Pratically done with the High poly version any critique and advise are wlcome

Wed, Nov 18, 2020
Shafam

Color Block out before i start the retopo on maya and start painting on SP

how his powers work : all the tattoos are connected to his powers when activated they start shining with energy the brighter they are the more energy is unleashed, he have the ability to be overcharged during storms, that he can generate by electrically charge the sky and clouds that would also cause his hairs and eyes to be charged with electric energy making them lighting like, the mask and hammer were gifted to him by his sister that has the power to control the element of earth therefore plants, wood, rocks and minerals, the runes/tattoo on his body and hammer were carved by his brother with the power of fire, to allow tanaris to channel and focus his wild electric ability, the older he gets the more tattoo will be added as his power is continuously increasing, until he will finnaly reach the level of his family.

imageimage

Fri, Nov 20, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 15, 2021

Some contest participants have been giving feedback that they may not have time to complete their projects, or may have to take shortcuts to make the November 30th deadline. 

To relieve some of this anxiety and give artists more time to do the quality job they want, RenderHub has decided to extend the entry period deadline to January 15, 2021. 

We thank you all for participating! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

Fri, Nov 20, 2020
Shafam

Intersting , i will use this extra time to add more details on the skin and tattoos 🙂

Sun, Nov 22, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Glad to hear the extra time can help. Have a great rest of your weekend!  :-)  

Sun, Nov 22, 2020
Shafam

With this extra time i hade the chance to add some imperfection to the skin,

imageimage

Sun, Nov 22, 2020
Shafam

Wire frame Wip, i am trying to keep the acessories below 30k including the weapon, and the main body around 20k polygons

Mon, Nov 23, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

It's kinda cool how adding "imperfections" can make a character MORE perfect...  ;-)  

Great work!

Thu, Dec 03, 2020
Shafam

Hello people, I am still here and working on it haha, almost finished the main body retopo, after some adjustment i will be ready to uv, texture and pose and render

Thu, Dec 03, 2020
Shafam

Thanks Foxy, i do agree ye, every imperfection makes every characater more unique and interesting.

Thu, Dec 03, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your progress. 

It's cool to see how you've incorporated much of the style from your original references.  

Fri, Dec 04, 2020
RxLnx

Dear Shafam,

Very clever work and interesting character development, including the giant runes and overbite base/start. Those aspects are unique.

As Ms Foxy notes - deliberately adding imperfections enhances the character and is intuitive (very smart).

Not the norm in CAD/3D; however in reality what enables us to recognize individuals are the facial and body variables or imperfections.

The left and right sides of a real thing/creature are not identical - even the famous 'cloned sheep' called Dolly.

CAD/3D are set-up and designed for balance/evenness - thus to achieve genuine reality, the artist must take control from the AI program.

Doing this, is another factor that makes your work special/exemplary.

Well done.

Cheers,

Rick.

Tue, Dec 08, 2020
RxLnx

Dear Shafam,

Thank you for your constructive words and observations - helping another contestant.

Been lurking (to see you next update).

In the interim - keep in mind "voice to text" programs (many free) abound. Many successful authors dictate their work - even before computers were around.

If the story is in your head - let it out, then (same as your artistry) you 'polish it'.

The general ratio is this - where writing the full basic story = 1.

Story = 1.

Polish/rewrite = 1.5.

Editing = 4.5 (others usually do the edits).

Cheers,

Rick

Tue, Dec 08, 2020
Shafam

Thank you Foxy and thank you RxLnx for the comment

Tue, Dec 08, 2020
Shafam

The main body Low poly is completed and Uved, i will start texturing
tomorrow hopfully i will be done in a couple of days, and if  i manage
my time properly i will pose him too.

Tue, Dec 08, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Hey there. 

Thanks for sharing the videos so we can see a full 360.

Looks great!  :-)  

Wed, Dec 09, 2020
RxLnx

Dear Shafam,

You are doing very well, and managing your time well.

Pleasure to watch you work.

Cheers,

Rick.

Tue, Dec 15, 2020
Shafam

Let the texturin fun begin.

imageimage

imageimage

Tue, Dec 15, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

I'm looking forward to seeing how this part turns out, for sure!  :-)  

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Shafam

Hello, hope everyone had some nice holiday, here is some progress with my project,

Of course i want to give my character a stylized look, dirty and rough as he is a fighter still  WIP

imageimage

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Shafam

Playing with the Lights to choose what kind of effect i want to obtain, still working on the texture.

imageimageimageimage

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Oh yeah! Very cool! Thanks for sharing the progress. 

I hope your new year is treating you well so far.  :-)  

Wed, Jan 06, 2021
Shafam

Thanks Foxy it has been good so far, i am working on the emission of the tattoos now, this is how he will look like with his power at full charge approximately.

imageimage

Wed, Jan 06, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Interesting idea to have the glow when he's "charged up".  :-) 

Thu, Jan 07, 2021
Shafam

More Updates. The Texture is complete and now imported on Maya where i will pose and experiment with some, lights i  still need to to choose between Maya and Marmoset for the final render.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Shafam

Completed the simple rig and made some quick poses, Ready to render and complete this image

ses.

Wed, Jan 13, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looking really awesome! I can't wait to see the final renders.  :-)  

Wed, Jan 13, 2021
Shafam

I am happy to share the final product of these past 2 months of work, It was an amazing journey that made me complete my first but not last original character,  Biography.

Tanaris Teras

Planet: Kada  ( three times the size of earth )

Race: Unknown

Height: 1.80m

Weight: 90Kg

Character: Aggressive

Siblings: Yes three

Powers: Super strength (big city level) , super speed, 50.000 km/h max, 150000 km/h when fully charged, super stamina and durability, shape shifter (Electric alien wolf and Bear)

weakness: Bugs ( Slugs),  High impact strength weapons, mace, hammers, Heavy projectiles Used by an enemy with equal strength, Stone related powers or any not affected by electricity

Spouse: No

Final Submission

imageimage

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
Shafam

P.S. i kept the post editing at minimum as requested, the final edited images will be on my artstation i will post the link

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Really cool biography, unique concept, and he turned out great!

I wouldn't want to mess with this guy, but with his speed I wouldn't even see him coming.  LOL.  

Nice final renders and turntable videos. Don't be afraid to post your final edited images here too, if you want. It won't hurt. 

Thank you for participating in the contest, and for being active in other threads. I was hoping more people would have interacted like that. 

I'm just the contest host and won't be judging, but best of luck to you!  

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
Shafam

Thanks you and render hub for having this type of challenges, it was great, it's a shame that a lot of people were not able to finish, there were so many great concepts.

Alright i have a few more images than can't wait to see the winners ( "hope" is taking the first spot for sure haha)

Here are some more renders

imageimageimageimage

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
Shafam

There will be more images on my artstation https://www.artstation.com/jeffry3d

Fri, Jan 15, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Very cool! Thanks for sharing these here, too. 

And I agree, it's too bad some were not able to finish. A lot of interesting concepts have been shown off.  

Have a fantastic weekend!  

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble