Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

ILIAS (CLOSED)

Tue, Oct 20, 2020
Edgyo
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
ILIAS

Synopsis:

"She grew up in tough conditions but found out a way to live her best life

but after the accident she lost everything and was very close to end it .

Now she has the last and only chance of redemption and she will pursue it at any cost."

Quick 2d sketch just to get a general feeling for the character. I'll work and research mainly in 3d from now on.

Update coming soon , expanding more on her back story as well

Tue, Oct 20, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Head blockout

Main idea for the character's head.

Strong features and military look but overall still researching a more definitive look,

Next up si the blockout of the body

Cheers!

Wed, Oct 21, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looks cool! Welcome, and thanks for participating.  :-)  

Thu, Oct 22, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Hi there!

This is the blockout of the body, trying to refine the shape language that I'm going for .

I will still improve some parts but pretty much that it is how I've imagined it.

A little bit more about her story:

"Ilias was strong and determinated . She was tough but always ready to help .

She was born in a close future, grew up in a broken home , then enroll in the military and after the whole army was replaced with almost totally robotic soldier become a firefighter, were most of the members are still non -robotic individuals.

During an accident caused by a robot failure she lost her family and most of her natural body...."

To be continued

Thu, Oct 22, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Thanks @Foxy 3D for the kind welcome!

I'll keep posting updates!

Tue, Oct 27, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Hi there,

sharing an update on this badass girl

spent quite some time researching different proportions for the head since I had a clear idea on the face features: child like on one side but at the same time meancing and badass XD

Merged the different body component and teaked some proportions.

Next step is going to be some basic ideas for the primary shape of outfit and gear, and some design paintover to research different ideas.

Stay tuned!

Cheers

Thu, Oct 29, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Hello, new update with some concept ideas for her gear/outfit

This is how the story is developing:

"after the accident she was never the same.

A good portion of her body was replaced with bionic component which make her part of the outkasted community of Half Humans,

at first she struglled to embrace her new nature but now has finally a chance to reedem herself by doing what she knows how to do best:

Fighting..."

To be continued...

I want the body parts to be futuristic and functional , but still close to our times.

The outfit will be very close to a sport outfit of nowadays but with advanced design and tech materials.

her body has to have a touch of the old world as much as the feeling of tecnology invasive transplant.

Thu, Oct 29, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Model update,

I've worked mainly on the gear components. Extracted the polypainted design and got to work on the main shapes, didn't want to get to committed atm and looking at the overall design.

I'm trying to get a nice balance beetwen organic and mechanical .

I will still tweak a bunch of stuff  and proced to get an higher quality, then onto smaller details.

Still quite a bit to do , I'll try to wrap up the high resolution model asap.

Cheers

Thu, Oct 29, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Excellent! Thank you for sharing the great WIPs.  :-)  

Fri, Oct 30, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Hi there!

Quick update on the outfit design,

removed shoes and neck guard to open up some negative space, but as well to accomodate some more functional props.

I'll explain all the different functions of this gears and how do they serve Ilias during fighting.

I've tweaked the face and the body as well trying to keep the balance and contrast that I was lloking for.

Hopefully I'll update soon a more clear and definitve design.

Cheers  

Mon, Nov 02, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Hey There!

I've started to define the high resolution Model and retopologize the different components.

This character is a fighter in the MMMA tournament (Mechanical_Mixed_Martial_Arts) where technology and nature fuse to create the most violent and entertaining show ever created.

I would like to define better all the different components before to get into even finer details , which are still missing from this stage.

Next is going to be the high resolution of the leg.

Cheers

imageimage

Tue, Nov 03, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing your continued progress.  :-)  

Tue, Nov 03, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Hello there,

I've worked on the bionic leg. I had to keep in mind how to keep it looking functional and sporty but still relatable.

Later on I'd like to do a diagram with all the functionality breakdown, for instance the grip on the side of the toe, tipical in wrestling shoes, and the metal insert on the foot to create more damage.

I did some minor changes on the body as well.

Next step are gonna be the "Human" gear as the sheen guard and Elbow pad, still very rough.

Cheers

imageimage

Tue, Nov 03, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Thanks @Foxy 3D

I appreciate your support!

Wed, Nov 04, 2020
Younglad28
artist

Oh, I am loving the forms dude. Very Nice!

Mon, Nov 09, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Thank you very much!  @younglad28

Mon, Nov 09, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Here is an update on the outfit

I'll try to get the rest of the details in as soon as possible.

Hope you like it !

Cheers

Tue, Nov 10, 2020
Edgyo
artist

Hello there,

quick update on the face and the neck exoskleleton.

I've worked on detailing give her even more fighter -like features and start to define with paint a lil bit better her look.รน

The neck collar is a device that would prevent injury , keep the head in place from punches and constantly update the bitometric values from the fighter, the front part it has a 8k camera and a microphone to show the fight from the fighter point of view.

Cheers!

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
Yahella
artist

Wow

Wed, Nov 18, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Definitely "fighter-like"... Nice work!

Thanks again, for sharing your progress with awesome WIPs.  

Fri, Nov 20, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 15, 2021

Some contest participants have been giving feedback that they may not have time to complete their projects, or may have to take shortcuts to make the November 30th deadline. 

To relieve some of this anxiety and give artists more time to do the quality job they want, RenderHub has decided to extend the entry period deadline to January 15, 2021. 

We thank you all for participating! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble