Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Kyoki Chisana (CLOSED)

Fri, Nov 06, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
Kyoki Chisana

I'm very disorganized and forgot to post the progress, I hope it's okay.

Hope not too late to start

Background: 

On May 2, 1968 an organization took advantage of the military regime and all the confusion that was going on in the country and started a war on a small island located in southern Brazil to disguise the kidnapping of hundreds of people for inhumane laboratory tests.

With several deaths and much blood spilled, a man while trying to flee from all the chaos saw a little girl of 8 years old, already unconscious and trapped under rubble, decided to help her and they went to a more distant part of the city.

From that point the two spent several years surviving together, the man taught Kyoki everything she needed to learn about how to survive, defend herself and hunt. Five very agitated years have passed, with many of the thugs of that organization returning to the island and trying to kill them both, a bear appears while Kyoki hunts and with a blow to Kyoki's face, plucks out her right eye and she falls unconscious. The man hears the screams and runs to help her and ends up killing the bear and takes Kyoki home to treat the injuries. Unfortunately, during the battle, the man was badly injured and ended up not resisting his injuries and died hours later.

Since then, Kyoki has spent the rest of her life living alone and always trying to find the ones she loves again

Kyoki has a special gift, because she sees spirits and spiritual auras of some people, and in some cases even talking to them, that's how she managed to survive for so long without having anyone to help her

Here's my sketch:

Fri, Nov 06, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Not too late! Thanks for participating.  

Looking forward to seeing how she turns out.  :-)  

Sat, Nov 07, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

Starting modeling her head 

Mon, Nov 09, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

I spend the whole weekend creating material for the character's skin, here what I have so far

Suzanne was my guinea pig

imageimageimageimage

Thu, Nov 12, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

Finished her body

and with the material I previously did with some changes. procedural dirt and bruises

procedural bruise nodes

Thu, Nov 12, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Nice! These are great WIPs. Thanks for sharing!

Sun, Nov 15, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

I finished her combat knife, I used this military knife from the beginning of the 19th century as a reference

Blade material nodes

Mon, Nov 16, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

Hair

Mon, Nov 16, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

Little update on the knife

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
Michael2D3D
artist

WTF is this alien?! also you don't own the knife i can tell by your modeling skills

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

Eyeball,  this one I had a hard time doing, but I think I managed to have a reasonable result

eyeball nodes

iris nodes

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

how are you judging my skills if you have never seen any of my works before? @Michael2D3D

Wed, Nov 18, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Thanks for sharing your progress with the cool WIPs. 

And BTW... I like your knife. Looks great and much like your reference.  Nice job. :-)  

Thu, Nov 19, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

It's time for painting, I used Blender's painting tool and Gimp to create the brushes and join the layers and make some adjustments

I love my frankstein

Roughness map

SSS map

Bump map

SSS light

Everything combined

Fri, Nov 20, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 15, 2021

Some contest participants have been giving feedback that they may not have time to complete their projects, or may have to take shortcuts to make the November 30th deadline. 

To relieve some of this anxiety and give artists more time to do the quality job they want, RenderHub has decided to extend the entry period deadline to January 15, 2021. 

We thank you all for participating! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

Fri, Nov 20, 2020
LollyHeartfield
artist

@Foxy3D oh that's great, thank you for the extended time

Sun, Nov 22, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

We thought people might appreciate the extra time. Glad you agree. 

Have a great rest of your weekend!  :-)  

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble