Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Cyberpunk Female Gladiator (CLOSED)

Fri, Nov 06, 2020
Olisoda
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
Cyberpunk Female Gladiator

I've been doing character modeling for about a year now(before I was in the rapid prototyping field), and I wanted to test my skills. I guess I am starting a bit late, but it's gonna be fun going against the clock! With so many good submissions already, its gonna be tough!

My Idea:

Corporate sponsored blood games. Cheering crowds. The grand stage! With cyberpunk around the corner, I thought it would be a fun theme to work around!image

Also this Ak-47 from CS-GO was a big inspiration. Nascar like sponsorships on a badass female gladiator. 

Now here's my first couple of WIP Pictures:

My drawing pad was on the fritz so I'm not gonna do any concept art. I'm just kinda wing it.

I'm starting with a basic female form that I made a while back. Also since I had to choose between Substance painter and Zbrush(I ain't made of money lol), I'm gonna be using Blender for all of the modeling aspect.

Fri, Nov 06, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Awesome - sounds like fun!

Thanks for joining the contest. Can't wait to see how it turns out.  

Mon, Nov 09, 2020
Olisoda
artist

Just an update with a sculpt of the female form so that I can build around it. The hand and feet are going to be replaced so I only sculpted out what I needed shape wise.

Next I'm going to start sculpting out the clothing and armor stuff around this.

imageimageimage

Fri, Nov 13, 2020
Olisoda
artist

I'm here with an update! I got carried away with the whole build process. Kinda like that having fun, don't check the clock sort of feel.

For the sculpt I had to cut the models apart with some overlaps. It was terrible trying to sculpt with 2 million+ Faces. Right now I am just working on the base body of the character. Armor pieces and clothing is gonna be built out later after I have all this retopo'd.

imageimageimageimage

I was gonna go with a sculpt for the leg prosthetics but opted for a hard surface approach using polygon editing.

Retopology of the base body: 

Hard surface build of the legs:

Now you guys are all caught up with where I am!

Tue, Nov 17, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Fantastic! Thanks for the awesome WIPs. 

Fri, Nov 20, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 15, 2021

Some contest participants have been giving feedback that they may not have time to complete their projects, or may have to take shortcuts to make the November 30th deadline. 

To relieve some of this anxiety and give artists more time to do the quality job they want, RenderHub has decided to extend the entry period deadline to January 15, 2021. 

We thank you all for participating! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  

10 Hours ago
Olisoda
artist

I finished the mechanical leg. All the parts are UV mapped but I am going to paint everything together in one go.

imageimage

What it looks like assembled:

imageimage

I'm so happy the time got extended. Things went wrong when I started work on the arms of this model that set me back alot! I'll explain more in the next post.

10 Hours ago
Olisoda
artist

I took the arm from the retopologized character and cut out the parts that were mechanical. Making it look "scifi".

I added the pins that would hold the synthetic material. It would help with the sculpting.

I sculpted where the cloth material would pull on the pins and where they would catch onto the mechanical parts of the arm. I was going for a vacuumed look with a bunch of excess material.

imageimageimageimage

Currently I am going through doing retopology. Lots of wrinkles and I want to make sure all the detail is preserved. Its not gonna be a pretty mesh.

So on to the problem that I had. During retopology, Blender crashed over a dozen times. Several times it would revert me back to an older save hours before. I found out it was to do with making a polygon(connecting four vertices into a face) while also auto saving. Clicking F to make a polygon right at the same time blender autosaved would corrupt the auto save. When it crashed it would send me back to the last MANUAL SAVE. I retopologized the hand 3 times before I figured that out. Hours and hours of retopology, just ouch...

Well the solve was to turn off auto save. I set an alarm on my computer to remind me to save every 15 minutes.

I got a finger left to retopo then its onto other things!

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble