×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Oliver (CLOSED)

eye428
Thread Activity
Foxy 3DThu, Dec 03, 2020
Really nice. Thanks for sharing those great renders.  :-)  
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
And the end.So this are my final entry for the contest. Really hope you like them!Cheers,AliceDFM
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
And last but not least the clay renders:
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Here are some other views and a close-up on the bowl and spoon:
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Here's my personal fav.... cute little Oliver:
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Thank you! Yeah me too.... hope to soon have time to start working on something new... :DBack to Oliver here's some final renderings:This is the "offi
alicedfmSat, Nov 21, 2020
Karma: 165
Hi all!
Here's my entry for the contest. He's Oliver Twist, the hero of Charles Dickens' book.
And here's a very rough sketch of him just to give an idea...
image

RxLnxSun, Nov 22, 2020
Karma: 1,493
Dear Alicedfm,

 I like it.

Cheers,
Rick.
alicedfmSun, Nov 22, 2020
Karma: 165
Thanks a lot Rick! Happy you like it!
alicedfmSun, Nov 22, 2020
Karma: 165
Here's the sculpting and polypainting progress in ZBrush... hope you like it!

Foxy 3DMon, Nov 23, 2020
Admin: 59,523
I saw your whole project on your ArtStation profile, and it looks pretty cute. Nice work!
Thanks for taking an interest in the contest here, but it looks like you missed some important info on the contest rules page:
https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/3d-character-design-contest 

Originality
Entries must be new original work specifically made for this contest and cannot be significantly based on the art of another artist.

Deliverables
One completely original character model including geometry and textures as well as WIP and final renderings.

I'm just the contest host here and won't be judging, but I'm pretty sure the judges would have to disqualify this one based on the rules. 
But you still have time to submit another one if you want!    

Let us know if you have any questions. 


alicedfmWed, Nov 25, 2020
Karma: 165
Hi Foxy 3D !
Yeah, I've read the rules but it's my own completely original work. I made him for a contest hosted by Mike Hermes (who is one of the judges), but then the contest was canceled so that's why I'm partecipating to this one now.
It's my own concept and design. And everything was made by me from scratch. So I guess I'm ok with the rules...
I actually have a question: is it possible to submit two entries or only one entry per person?
Bye,
Alice.
Foxy 3DSun, Nov 29, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Hi there!
Sorry I missed your question. Yes, you are allowed to have more than one entry. Just start another thread. 
Have a nice rest of your weekend!    


alicedfmSun, Nov 29, 2020
Karma: 165
Okay... thanks a lot! So I guess I'll partecipate with Oliver and then I'll probably do also a new character
Here's some lights:

Hope you enjoy!
Foxy 3DSun, Nov 29, 2020
Admin: 59,523
The lighting really makes him come alive. Thanks for sharing!
Looking forward to your next character, too.    


alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Karma: 165
Thank you! Yeah me too.... hope to soon have time to start working on something new...
Back to Oliver here's some final renderings:

This is the "official" final image:
image

And this the "official" close-up:
image
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Karma: 165
Here's my personal fav.... cute little Oliver:
image
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Karma: 165
Here are some other views and a close-up on the bowl and spoon:
image
image
image
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Karma: 165
And last but not least the clay renders:
image
image
alicedfmThu, Dec 03, 2020
Karma: 165
And the end.
So this are my final entry for the contest. Really hope you like them!
Cheers,
AliceDFM
Foxy 3DThu, Dec 03, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Really nice. Thanks for sharing those great renders.    


Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account