Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|TECHNICAL TALK

newbie: matching skin tones (CLOSED)

Mon, Nov 23, 2020
tarqued
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
newbie: matching skin tones

I used the face transfer for G8F - a pale complexion face.

The rest of G8F looks more like someone with a tan.

I watched tutorials on surfaces but couldn't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I need to lighten the overall skin tone to match the face.

Tips/suggestions/links much appreciated!

Mon, Nov 23, 2020
RxLnx

Dear Tarqued,

This is Ion's area of specialty - so listen to him, Pin or Foxy and the others - rather than me ... however just now I'm the only person around.

I suspect (do nor know for sure) that there is nothing wrong with the skin texture.

Instead - you make have a bright light or spot light focused on the face view ... making it seem brighter/lighter than the rest of the body.

Try finding your 'lights'. Locate the light or spot that is directed at your model's face. Turn it off or make it dimmer.

Cheers,

Rick.

Tue, Nov 24, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

I have only played around with Face Transfer a few times, and didn't get very good results either. 

Are you limited to just using the tools within Daz Studio, or do you have access to Photoshop (or similar program)?  

Tue, Nov 24, 2020
tarqued
artist

I do have photoshop.

It had occurred to me to work on the original image to match G8F.

Thanks for the replies.

I will try lighting changes too.

Wed, Nov 25, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Yeah, Photoshop should work to get things exactly the way you want. 

Also, Ion (the guy that did the other video about installing 3rd party content) has another tutorial that might interest you regarding Daz texturing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGyGH-dPj_8

This video talks about using human reference skins, but the technique can be used with any Daz skin textures, as well. I hope you find it helpful.  

Wed, Nov 25, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

I wanted to add one thing that I remember with Face Transfer. 

I sometimes got very different results with the overall generated skin tone (face and body) simply by changing the crop of the face image.

Something to try, anyway...  

Wed, Nov 25, 2020
bu_es
Spain

I use FaceGen which does a more faithful job than Facetransfer .. with the mesh. And if you want to use the skin you can also use the skin based on one, two, or three photos. Besides that when exporting you can choose if you want texture or not. If you choose the texture of G8. It will be based on the colos of your photos to make the texture. Then it can be improved with Photoshop .... Then there are other slower but more professional methods ... such as the texturing video. I basically use Facegen to make a basic mesh and I don't use the export of the skin.

Wed, Nov 25, 2020
RxLnx

Dear Tarqued,

Sorry for getting it wrong. About fifteen years out of date (current programs/apps).

Thank you Ms Foxy and Bu_Es for helping/correcting my mis-direction (Poser 5-6 based thinking).

I can offer this.

Search for Photodex (Paul's down in Huston, TX = old friend).

On their site they will have a program/application (shareware - but fully operational - just nags past the trial exp date ... or message me directly) called "Compupic".

This is a 2002 {Win 98SE/NT 2K) version image enhancement/modification software designed for forensic work (police/military), and by far the best to date.

It will work OK in Windows all, if compatibility is set to Win 98SE, and you turn-of direct draw support (changed/obsolete in Win7 > Win10)

With an image open (it will open most formats), either right click and select "Adjust Image" - or left click on the half black/half white sun icon - 7 from right on top tool bar.

The top four slider shown control: image bright/dark (sun); contrast (half black/white disc); black ratio (black disc); and white ratio (white disc).

This group (#1, #3 & #4) will allow you to exactly match the shade you want.

Next set (Color, Hue and Gamma) are: 3 col horizontal icon = Hue (+/- saturation); CMY angled icon is the color gamma; red is +/- red saturation; green is +/- green saturation; blue is +/- blue saturation. Very good for getting the exact color match required ... and alien skins, etc (just slide-up the red, or green or blue.).

Last two icons are: Spray Icon = sharpen or soften; Speckled icon is +/- 'Noise'.

You will find it very useful. It can do a great deal more (other pull-downs/sub menus). Important - it has an image save 'quality' option for compressible like *.JPG & *.PNG. Always use 100% or least compression/highest quality - for skins and textures.

Cheers,

Rick.

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble