×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

NIKOLE "TEHUANA" (CLOSED)

eye512
Thread Activity
Foxy 3DTue, Dec 15, 2020
Looks nice! Thank you for sharing your progress.  :-)  
M SantosMon, Dec 14, 2020
We add a new "resplandor" the hood over the headI did this on marvelous designer and use same texture from dress.this is the render in iRayRender also
M SantosMon, Nov 30, 2020
Foxy 3d It seems that it focuses more on the wardrobe than the character, but I think it is an interesting combination to combine a beautiful face wit
M SantosMon, Nov 30, 2020
Thanks for your Coment Rick it make all the hard work, worked it, i will keep doing update i not finish yet, but all your feedback is highly appreciat
Foxy 3DSun, Nov 29, 2020
Hey there and welcome to the contest!Thank you for providing the highly detailed WIPs. Work In Progress is a very important part of this contest, so t
RxLnxSat, Nov 28, 2020
Dear M Santos, Very impressive project, accompanied by very impressive and informative guide of your inspiration - then steps to turning inspirat
M SantosFri, Nov 27, 2020
Karma: 174
For this entry contest i build a Tehuana costume for Nikole, a Tehuana is a traditional costume from Oaxaca, Mexico.

Tehuana proudly dressed by the "Zapoteca" women who inhabit the Istmo of Tehauntepec, it is one of the best known and admired Mexican regional costumes throughout the world. The Istmo, the narrowest point in Mexico, is a region that brings together Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and Veracruz. There, throughout history, women have been leaders and protagonists in their environment. They are admired for staying in touch with their roots and customs, capable of mutating according to the occasion, and they have become an emblem of the strong woman who knows how to merge her yesterday with her today, and remain elegantly standing on any occasion.
The Tehuana costume varies in design according to the town where it is worn. It is considered a living costume, because it mutates according to what is required of it, in celebration. It is made up of 2 basic pieces, the huipil and the skirt. Depending on the occasion, it is the embroidery, usually of flowers, and the fabric on which it is embroidered is usually white satin and / or black velvet. 

This was my base photos that how a tehuana costume looks like.

image
image
In that Costume how will Nikole Kidman look like.

image
I pick this face to start building the mesh she looks very glamorous
image
Lets start building the face, i use headshot with CC3+
image
The face is a little thin, so i just a couple to give that slim effect
image
I adjust the skull witdh also.


M SantosFri, Nov 27, 2020
Karma: 174
We need some wrinkles in the face, she is not that young

image

This is the wrinkle look in the face

image
I add some lip decal a neck wrinkle
image
This is without neck wrinkle
image
These are very subtle adjustments but they give the character more realism
image
She is glamorous so we need a really nice make up we start win base fundation makeup.
image
I add some contour, blush and highlight, now we go for the eyes shadow and eyeliner.
image
for the lips, i pick a very subtle pink that look natural.
image
The eye  shadow maybe to much but will well see on render. This is the final makeup face.
image
The eye shadow is to much i remove it, les star with the hair.
image
Short hair probably
image
Nope curly is not working for me
image

Long hair  it worked for me but we need blond
image
We adjust the brightness and constrast and we got the blond look we want.



M SantosFri, Nov 27, 2020
Karma: 174
Lets add some cloth, a got a obj file from a dress but without sleeves and we need sleeves.
image
We need to size to fix shape, it will take a while but with a little patience we will make it.
image
When we got the best possible fit shape we use skin transfer weights to convert obj file in a dress with template
image
Using conform to calculate collision we fit the dress in our character. Now les add some texture we need roses.
image
I got a picture for rose embroidery.
image
We build a pattern, we also use same image in black and with for bump.
image
And now we got the dress with rose embroidery as tehuana costume use.
M SantosFri, Nov 27, 2020
Karma: 174
This dress needs in the edge some white tatting  as Tehuana use.
image
I take photo from a tablecloth from my grandmother house. And build a pattern in photoshop.
image
We build a pattern.
image
And now as Tehuana costume got white tatting i use PBR shader type. And now we need sleeves.
image
I use tank_top and start to hide the faces i dont need.
image
I make sure i dont hide a face i need.
image
And the Tehuana dress is finish


M SantosFri, Nov 27, 2020
Karma: 174
The Tehuana dress use a belt, i take a scarf  and squaseh with scale to fit waist.
image
This is how the obj looks without texture
image
I use this fabric and build a pattern
image
The pattern match the obj texture size.
image
I use displacement and softness 10 to create the effect that was woven by hand



M SantosFri, Nov 27, 2020
Karma: 174
I build the cloth over the head called "Resplandor" thats Tehuana important element of the wardrobe.
image
i use a obj file of a towel.
image
I got the cloth over the head but we cant see the face.
image
Using opacity image we can clear the cloth from the face.
image
I apply same texture as dress edge and to the first renders.
image
Nikole Tehuana is taking shape.
image
Still missing jewelry, and shoes.
image
first render in Iray i use Character Creator 3.3, HeadShot and Skigen premium.

M SantosFri, Nov 27, 2020
Karma: 174
This is how the mesh looks like

image
RxLnxSat, Nov 28, 2020
Karma: 1,493
Dear M Santos,

 Very impressive project, accompanied by very impressive and informative guide of your inspiration - then steps to turning inspiration into project and real model.

 Excellent.

 Good luck in competition.

Cheers,

Rick (Riccardo)
Foxy 3DSun, Nov 29, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Hey there and welcome to the contest!

Thank you for providing the highly detailed WIPs. Work In Progress is a very important part of this contest, so thanks for that. 
One thing I feel needs to be mentioned though... This is a character design contest, and by your description it seems like your focus will be on the costume. 
I'm not trying to discourage you from continuing, but I just thought I'd mention what the judges will be focusing on. 

Thanks for participating, and have a great rest of your weekend!    



M SantosMon, Nov 30, 2020
Karma: 174
Thanks for your Coment Rick it make all the hard work, worked it, i will keep doing update i not finish yet, but all your feedback is highly appreciated
M SantosMon, Nov 30, 2020
Karma: 174
Foxy 3d It seems that it focuses more on the wardrobe than the character, but I think it is an interesting combination to combine a beautiful face with an impressive suit, but correct me if I am wrong, I have never seen this beautiful woman in this type of suit.

That is something that I love to combine such a historically perfect suit on a person who has had an impressive career seems sublime to me. It's like combining two things that can be aligned correctly, I've also always been a fan of being able to detail a project as much as possible

But your observations are precious to me, and this project is far from being finished I want to go deeper
M SantosMon, Dec 14, 2020
Karma: 174
We add a new "resplandor" the hood over the head

I did this on marvelous designer and use same texture from dress.

image

this is the render in iRayRender also i add some jewelry

image
Foxy 3DTue, Dec 15, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Looks nice! Thank you for sharing your progress.    


Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account