ongoing installation problems (CLOSED)
I've downloaded resources like wardrobe items, morphs, etc.
I followed the instructions in this video https://www.renderhub.com/blog/how-to-use-third-party-content-in-daz-studio and I was able to see the products/resources in my content library.
But most of them don't work.
Instead of showing an icon or preview like most resources, these all have an exclamation point ! in a triangle - I guess a warning that something is wrong and they're not likely to work.
And sure enough, they don't work.
Any ideas how to chase down this(ese) glitch(es)?
For a lot of these resources, when I try to use them I get a lot of "file not found" errors.
The files invariably are files that are in the various folders and sub-folders of the resource, but they can't seem to find the paths.
I've tried dumping all the files into one folder, but that doesn't seem to help.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.
Would you be able to take a screenshot of the hard drive / folder of your Daz content directory, and post it here so we can see your folder structure?
Feel free to blur or black out any personal folders you don't feel like making public.
Could you also let us know what path is set for your Daz content?
If you aren't sure what I mean, you can get there by doing the following:
Edit (on main menu) > Preferences > Select the Content Tab > Content Directory Manager (at the bottom) > Expand "Daz Studio Formats"
Either screen shot that and post it here, or copy the full path under Daz Studio Formats exactly and post that.
This might help us figure out what's going on.
I think you're on to something about the folder structure. I have tried a lot of different configurations and gotten some of these resources to work.
I did this by copying folders/files into new locations instead of just moving the folders/files... and unfortunately I'm not 100% clear which changes caused things to work, so I am sure there is some unnecessary duplication here.
Some of the resources still don't work regardless of the changes I've made to the folder structure.
Thank you for providing those screenshots. That is very helpful.
It appears that you are unzipping a "master folder" provided by the vendor, and then putting that straight into your content directory. This will definitely mess up the path for the files that Daz is looking for.
The master folder the vendor provides for each product should contain the actual folders that need to be placed in your content directory, and not that master folder.
Can you look in some of your folders - for example - RumenD, superhero-pose-for-g8f, etc. - and see if THOSE folders contain folders named things like this:
data, people, props, runtime, (and many others - depending on the product)
THOSE folders are the ones that need to be copied to your content directory folder "Third Party Resources" that you have set up.
Please give that a try and see if it fixes your problem. Let me know how it works out. :-)
Thanks for keeping up with this problem solving!
I have been having success doing as you describe above.
However I am still having problems with some of the resources.
Edited: I was just about to post an error log for a Star Trek uniforms package when it suddenly started working!
But I am still having problems with some of the objects and enviornments. These do not seem to have the same file structure.
Disregard the above. Just figured that out too!
Thank you again for your help.