Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.

RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Interior Design
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
RPG Models
dazDaz Content
Daz On Sale!
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
3D On Sale!How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

ZEHE - The dream speaker (CLOSED)

Wed, Dec 09, 2020
moneido
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
ZEHE - The dream speaker

Hello, everyone!

I'm glad to be here. I want to apologize beforehand because English is NOT my native language.

My character is called "Zehe" a small young demon that appeared one night in my dreams so I don't have many references or a mood board for his design.

It was not a nightmare, actually was a pleasant dream.

"I wake up in an abandoned and empty yellow room with nothing but a single-sealing light and a lot of dust and debris all around the corners and the walls. I lay right in the middle of the room right before the yellow light touches me. At the other side of the room lays a dark room, it's peach black and a cold wind comes out of it. I hear nothing but the wind from the outside despite the lack of windows. Suddenly I hear the sounds of big claws against the concrete floor coming from the other side of the room, a strange figure approaches from the darkroom and I can barely see a silhouette. 

Two big blue eyes appear from the darkness directly staring at me and I just stud there staring back. The strange approaches even more and it makes himself visible, it is a strange creature, a demon looking guy with no skin, only his exposed flesh with big claws in hands and feet. With a large tail and ears like a goat and the strangest head shape. His eyes are black void eyesockets with only a blue light as pupils. Wearing nothing bat a black tunic, almost looks like a pajama covered in blood, a small blue cape, and a "Dreamcatcher" as a necklace. It looks like he is also holding a small blue crystal ball in his hand.

Despite his bizarre appearance, I didn't feel any fear or that I was in danger.  In fact, it feels like he needs help. He's is crippling, bleeding, he looks like is injured, I stand there just staring at his blue eyes and I see hope, innocence, like he's is happy to see me, or maybe he is just desperate. he approaches me crippling as fast as he can not before looking back for a second. He starts to growl and speak in a language that I don't understand. In between the growls I hear "help me", he gives me the crystal ball he was holding tight in my hand. He looks at the crystal ball for a couple of seconds now in my hands and then he turns back and cripples back at the darkroom until he disappears in the dark.

I take a look at the ball, I don't know how, but I just know that is some sort of egg. I take a look inside of it, and I can see the space, nebulas, stars, and planets. in the middle of the star show, there a small and black silhouette of a Fetus, can't even tell if it looks like him. I look at the darkroom once again and then I wake up...".

After that weird dream, I felt like drawing him in a concept that I really enjoyed drawing:

And after that, I started directly with the 3D modeling, with a good old polygonal modeling: 

Right now the body is finished, but I'm not showing it yet because it needs a lot of corrections. I hope you all like this character as much as I do. Everything was a weird dream, and after the "gift" he gave me during that dream, I felt like to honor him in this contest. Thank you for this opportunity!

Thu, Dec 10, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Welcome to the contest!

Unique looking character and a cool story. I'm looking forward to following your progress.  

And don't worry about your English. It's actually better than some native speakers.  ;-)  

Thanks for participating!  

Fri, Dec 11, 2020
moneido
artist

Thanks a lot! It means a lot to me.

So I have finally finished the body:

And it is basically ready to be rigged: 

Technically making the entire body wasn't necessary, but it was a "Just in case" scenario.

Fri, Dec 11, 2020
moneido
artist

I also finished the clothing:

So I did some changes, after getting some feedback from my friends, I decided to change the DreamCatcher a "little" bit. The big halo on his back is going to be now the DreamCatcher just like the reference in the image (Shout outs to Teubidélice for the image) which is now inspired by a creature called "Lycanthrope" from Dark Souls III. 

I thought at the end that it was a really good idea, I needed to exalt his silhouette and exaggerate the shape of the character a little bit more. It's also useful to give the character a little bit more story. With this change, it looks like he is kinda enslaved from his "duty" which is a big load or responsibility. Catching nightmares is not an easy task (Apparently that's what dreamcatchers do). Soon this character will be ready to be textured and rigged!

Fri, Dec 11, 2020
RxLnx

Hi Moneido,

You dream (first) must have been fast dream, as your character and work - take form very fast.

Good luck for the competition.

Rick.

Sun, Dec 13, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looking great so far. Very cool!

Thanks for sharing your progress.  :-)  

Thu, Dec 31, 2020
moneido
artist

Happy new year, everyone! I'm sorry I've been away for a while, being busy with some family stuff but I've been working since then I want to show you my progress. I hope you all are doing well by the way.

So this character has a DreamCathcer, so I did a Mandala in Photoshop and proceeded to model it:

imageimage

Here is the character's model finished:

imageimageimage

Then, I started to texture it. The first one, I did not like it at all so I re-done it and went for a more "cartooney" look:

imageimage

And here is the character with textures, I like the result:

imageimage

imageimage

And last but not least, already did the rig and I messed around with some lights to make it look good:

I am not done with the character, it is already rendered, rigged, textures, posed and stuff, but I want to animate it a little bit, I already have plans and I wish I had more time to do some storyboard, but because of it, I'm just planning to do a little idle to show the character from all angles.

I really hope you like my character, I really had a LOT of fun making him and I didn't spected to finish him on time (not done yet). I hope you all are doing fine during this end of the year and stay safe everyone!

Thu, Dec 31, 2020
moneido
artist

Sorry, the Mandala design isn't showing for some reason, I hope this fixes it: 

Sat, Jan 02, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Cool details, and it looks great with textures and lights. Nice job.  :-)  

Thanks for the update, and Happy New Year to you!  

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
moneido
artist

Hello again. I got my character finally finished! It took me longer than I thought but I got it just in time.

Here are a couple of images with the front view, topology, and naked body:

And some other side views:

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
moneido
artist

Also the topology of the dreamcatcher: 

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
moneido
artist

And the crystal ball/egg he's holding in hands:

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
moneido
artist

And last but not least, I said I was making animation and here it is. I gotta say that animation isn't really my strength (for now) but I really had a lot of fun making it, I really hope you like it:

I really had a lot of fun making this character, I have to say thanks to the Renderhub team for this contest and this opportunity. I hope to see more of these kinds of contest with this amazing community. Thank you again.

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
moneido
artist

Is there anything else required that I need to upload?

Sat, Jan 16, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

OH WOW!!! He turned out amazing! I'm way impressed at how closely he resembles your original drawing. Great work!

And your animation video is really cute and funny. You sure gave him some personality.  :-)  

Thank you for participating. I'm glad you were able to finish.  

I'm just the contest host and will not be judging - but good luck to you!  

And no, there's nothing else you need to upload just yet. If you are picked as a winner, you will be contacted privately to request a link to be able to download the project file for verification. 

Thanks again, and have an awesome weekend!  

Sun, Jan 17, 2021
moneido
artist

Thanks for everything, Foxy. Even if you are just the host, we still have to be thankful to you for all the kind words and motivation. So, thank you for being with us during this contest, for pay attention to every single detail of our creations, for your kind and motivational words, and most importantly, for your patience with all of us :b

Wed, Jan 20, 2021
dwindt

Spot on. Any stage of creating a character that you're not good at. Lovely!

Wed, Jan 20, 2021
moneido
artist

@dwindt Thanks a lot! In this kind of thing, I try to go all-in as much as I can.

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble