×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

The Samurai and the creature (CLOSED)

eye743
Thread Activity
RenderHubThu, Mar 04, 2021
Congrats
Foxy 3DSun, Jan 24, 2021
In case you didn't see the official announcement, CONGRATULATIONS are in order!Come see the winners announcement right here.  Winners w
Foxy 3DMon, Jan 11, 2021
Holy crap - the texturing just made this duo pop to life. Excellent job!  :-)  From concept to creation, I have enjoyed following your
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
So this is my final render and the wireframe views. This was my first full character work, I'm happy with the final result and I learn a lot.&nbs
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
TeuzSat, Dec 26, 2020
Karma: 378
Hi, the character I am creating is a wounded Samurai who fights with the help of a small creature he carries with him. 
TeuzSat, Dec 26, 2020
Karma: 378
This are the images reference that I use in the guideline  for the construction of the character

imageimageimageimageimage
TeuzSat, Dec 26, 2020
Karma: 378
imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
TeuzSat, Dec 26, 2020
Karma: 378
I started with zspheres on Zbrush for creating the basic shape and the pose, later I worked on anatomy and then I concentrated on smoothing the shapes.
The Samurai is about to draw the sword so I tried to respect the movement of the muscles and accentuate the rotation of the torso.
The body is just leaning forward, a sign that it is preparing to attack.
Foxy 3DSat, Dec 26, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Welcome to the contest.
Great references and nice WIPs so far. 
Thanks for participating, and Happy Holidays to you!    


TeuzSun, Dec 27, 2020
Karma: 378
Thank you, and happy holidays!
I started sculpting the head, the primary shapes of the clothes and the body of the creature.
I decided to cut off the Samura's right arm and make the creature help to draw the sword. The sword  was modeled in Blender.
TeuzSun, Dec 27, 2020
Karma: 378
imageimageimageimageimage
TeuzSun, Dec 27, 2020
Karma: 378
imageimageimage
itayogevMon, Dec 28, 2020
Karma: 168
very cool idea!
Foxy 3DWed, Dec 30, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Really cool! Now we know what "The Creature" is all about. 
Thanks for sharing your progress.    


TeuzThu, Dec 31, 2020
Karma: 378

imageimageimageimageimage
TeuzThu, Dec 31, 2020
Karma: 378
Thanks for the feebacks! 
So I started to redefine the muscles shapes and anatomy proportions, then I continued to sculpt the creature and adding details. 
I also worked on the expression of the character, trying to give him an angry expression and after I added some scars and imperfections.

TeuzThu, Dec 31, 2020
Karma: 378
imageimageimageimage
TeuzThu, Dec 31, 2020
Karma: 378
The concept of the monster is a mix of a bat and a gargoyle. 
For adding details on the character I used the zremesh and zremesh guides, in this way I can work with a better topology. 

PS: Happy new year, in advance!

image
Foxy 3DSat, Jan 02, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Nice details and great expression!
Happy New Year to you, as well.    


TeuzSun, Jan 03, 2021
Karma: 378
imageimageimageimageimageimage
TeuzSun, Jan 03, 2021
Karma: 378
HI, I started to create some accessories, they were all made in Blender exept the clothes. 
I sculpted the final details on the Samurai like skin pores with alpha on Zbrush. 
TeuzSun, Jan 03, 2021
Karma: 378
imageimageimageimage
TeuzSun, Jan 03, 2021
Karma: 378
imageimageimage
Foxy 3DMon, Jan 04, 2021
Admin: 59,523
WOW! That's really starting to look awesome.
Great work, and wonderful WIPs. Thanks for sharing!    
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
Hi!
After finishing the sculpt part on Zbrush,  I made the uv map and then I exported the low mesh on Substance Painter to create the skin material. 
I add some skin imperfections and tattoos.



TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
imageimageimage
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
The rest of the materials were done in Blender, including eyebrows and beard. 
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
imageimage
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
The setting for the final render are very simple, just some area light with differents dimentions and power to create shadow contrast for emphasize the shapes. 
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
I also made a wood floor and add some details on the belt. 
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
So this are some renders on different views, the first one was made only with Blender,  for the others I made a few postsprocess in photoshop. 

TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
image
TeuzMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 378
So this is my final render and the wireframe views. 

This was my first full character work, I'm happy with the final result and I learn a lot. 
Thanks Renderhub for the opportunity and good luck to all!
Foxy 3DMon, Jan 11, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Holy crap - the texturing just made this duo pop to life. Excellent job!    

From concept to creation, I have enjoyed following your project. Thank you for providing the nice WIPs.  
I'm just the contest host and won't be judging, but I wish you luck!  
Foxy 3DSun, Jan 24, 2021
Admin: 59,523
In case you didn't see the official announcement, CONGRATULATIONS are in order!

Come see the winners announcement right here.  

Winners will get a private message from the owner of RenderHub soon so he can get your mailing address to ship out the prizes, and to request the download link for your project. 

Thanks for participating, and great job!    
RenderHubThu, Mar 04, 2021
Admin: 35,856
Congrats

image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account