×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

I Just Don't Care: Cyberpunk street scene (CLOSED)

eye261
MarceloCaseTue, May 21, 2024
Karma: 4,910
With my latest post for this contest, I decided to focus on the cyberpunk aesthetic. I didn't want to go for the obvious look that my characters generally inhabit, full of cybernetics or with dangerous or mysterious gazes. I wanted to take on the challenge of this contest by creating an aesthetic of real urban lighting inspired by the neon-filled and illuminated signs of Asian streets, which are indeed the inspiration for the cyberpunk future. I used a technique I recently learned to create depth and realism by using two images of streets collected from the internet to light the character. One image was used in the background for street depth, and another, the same image but resized and angled, was used to reflect in her glasses. I collected a street scan to reflect lights rather than appear as a scene object. The biggest challenge was generating the supporting lights to provide natural illumination while simultaneously highlighting the character from the background.

I hope you appreciate it!

The final art:
Forum Image

The wireframe and lighting set:
Forum Image
Forum Image

The final render:
Forum Image
The thumbnail:
Forum Image

eligodesignWed, May 22, 2024
Karma: 6,214
great render i love the light and bokeh background. the model looks very realistic
MarceloCase
Karma: 4,910
Wed, May 22, 2024
Thank you, Eligodesign! This character is a work in progress, but one of my favorite results, as part of universe I'm creating for cyberpunk novels. Soon, I will share all the work. Best regards!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account