Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.

RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Interior Design
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
RPG Models
dazDaz Content
Daz On Sale!
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
3D On Sale!How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

AWOROTH (CLOSED)

Wed, Dec 30, 2020
Berke822
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
AWOROTH

Hello everyone,

I will be sharing the WIP and final render images in this thread as much as I can. I will deliver the source files and the lore along with the final renders.

I have a few questions:

1. What is the "this is my official contest entry" checkbox for?

2. How am I going to deliver the source files? Am I going to publicly upload them here?

3. How will I see the winners? Once and if I win, how am I going to receive the prizes?

I am waiting for your answers.

Feel free to follow me on social media:

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/berke822

Instagram: https://wwww.instagram.com/mbguitarist

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MustafaBerkeGureltol
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6sl1c4uPhUyhBhcPc7Sq5F?si=GE-zfg1QRXScxbQF_UcThw

Berke

Wed, Dec 30, 2020
Berke822
artist

First WIP image. Took a few hours and sculpted a really rough version of the body:

Thu, Dec 31, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Hey there, and welcome to the contest. To answer your questions:

1.  That should have been checked to designate this thread as your official contest entry. I'm not sure if you can check it after the fact. If not, let me know and I will have the tech guy make the change for you.

2.  The completed project files will only be required of the winners. So if you win, you would just upload them to Dropbox, Google Drive, Mega, or whatever is convenient for you. We will give you a private way to communicate that download link so it isn't a public link.  

3a.  Winners will be notified within their contest entry thread, announced in this forum, and also posted here: 

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/

3b.  Prizes will be sent by RenderHub to the winners. The shipping address will be requested from the winners after the contest, and will be done via private messaging and not in the public forum. 

Thanks for participating, and good luck to you.

Happy New Year, as well!  :-)  

Thu, Dec 31, 2020
Berke822
artist

@Foxy 3D I'd be happy if you could ask the tech support to change it because this will be my official contest thread Thanks a lot for answering my questions.

Started developing the armor:

Happy new year everyone!

Berke

Fri, Jan 01, 2021
Berke822
artist

Getting those hard edges along with a proper topology requires extra attention and time. I will be adding details in Substance Painter, but I need to make sure that individual pieces of the armor look great in higher subdivision levels.

Found some issues with the anatomy. I will work on them later on when I'm editing fingers and feet. Shoulder armors will be subjected to change as well.

Sat, Jan 02, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Added another piece of leather to the right shoulder.
  • Added metal plates where the leather straps will connect to, and metal bolts on top of them as connection points.
  • Added a buckle at the middle end of the chest armor.

Will try to post another image today. Stay tuned.

Sat, Jan 02, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looking great already! Nice work. 

And I sent a message to get this thread assigned as your official entry. I'm sure they will change it soon. 

Thanks for the updates, and Happy New Year to you!  

Sat, Jan 02, 2021
Berke822
artist

Thanks a lot for your help @Foxy 3D!

• Edited the shoulder armor and made each piece fit more on the shoulder(the topology is still not what I'm aiming for, but I will edit it later.). Also deleted the right shoulder armor to create an asymmetry, and it made the model look more aesthetic.
  • Added two straps under the shoulder armor: one for the torso and one for the arm. In this way, the armor will look more stabilized.
  • Added a semi-circular metal plate on the buckle at the middle of the chest armor.
  • Started working on the three-point-connection buckle.

Sun, Jan 03, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Added all three straps and placed bolts on top of each of them
  • Retopologized the plate on top of the connection ring.
  • Added another buckle on the right shoulder armor

Mon, Jan 04, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • The new piece of leather on the left bottom rib took me a while to handle. Had to use Maya for the low poly strap mesh. I also used some booleans and retopology techniques to create the holes on the terminal meshes.
  • Spent all day long working on the backside of the armor.

Next Step: Adding bolts and finishing the armor completely.

Mon, Jan 04, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Bolts added. 

Next Step: Editing overall anatomy. I will mostly focus on hands and feet.

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Awesome! Thanks for showing how that's done.  :-)  

By the way, the tech guys must be backed up from the holidays. I'm sure they will make yours an official entry soon. 

I just didn't want you to think I forgot...  

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Berke822
artist

@Foxy 3D thank you so much for keeping me up-to-date. I didn't think you forgot it, by the way. People who are interested in 3D have the ability to keep their concentration at a high level

• Here are a few changes I've made to the anatomy:

I used ancient greek sculptures as a reference for the feet. The curvature on the toes and their placement were inspired by Michaelangelo's David. The hand was inspired by my own hand. I will polish the entire body after retopology process.

I also started working on the bandages on the hands. Will post the pictures for them soon.

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Created the bandage stripes.

Next Step: Adding 2 more stripes for the thumb and high definition details.

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Added details on the bandages.

Next Step: Tweaking the bandages to prevent low-poly overlapping and starting to work on the belt or the gauntlet.

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Amazing stuff! Thanks for the updates.  :-)  

Wed, Jan 06, 2021
Skullpt-Art
artist

Great job on the handwraps! Clean looking for the topology and detailed for the high poly, looks perfect to me!

Wed, Jan 06, 2021
Berke822
artist

@Foxy 3D and @Skullpt-Art, I appreciate your kind comments! Here are some more pictures:

• Designed a gauntlet by using booleans in Maya(image on the left) and retopologized it in TopoGun(image on the right) to get a clean topology. I added a few more loops and they will help me out when I start texturing the character.

Wed, Jan 06, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Alongside the gauntlet, I sculpted a pair of horns:

Wed, Jan 06, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • This is how the character looks overall right now:

Wed, Jan 06, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looks cool!  :-) 

And I see they got your thread marked as an official entry, too.  

Thu, Jan 07, 2021
Berke822
artist

@Foxy 3D it took me a while to find my own entry just because of that Thanks a lot for keeping an eye on that!

• Added nails and toenails
  • Added a rock inside the ring on the gauntlet.

My goal for today and tomorrow is to work on the waist armor. I am aiming for a leather ancient Mediterranean soldier armor.

Fri, Jan 08, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Worked on the waist armor.

Next Step: I will add a groin armor, roman-leather-fringe-looking straps, and a pair of stabilizers for each side.

Sat, Jan 09, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looks great! Thanks for the update.  :-)  

FYI: You can always go to the main forum page - https://www.renderhub.com/forum/

and then click on "My Posts".  

Have a great weekend!

Sat, Jan 09, 2021
Berke822
artist

@Foxy 3D thank you for the shortcut!

• Add the groin armor, straps, and stabilizers.

Next Step: I'm going to work on the leg armor and sandals for the feet.

Sun, Jan 10, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Finished the leg armor and sandals.

Sun, Jan 10, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Also created the teeth and added some definition to the horns.

Next Step: Retopologizing the body and horns, making slight adjustments to the anatomy, and adding more details to the skin.

Mon, Jan 11, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Retopologized the body, UVd it, projected details, edited the anatomy, added extra details, and applied asymmetry.
  • Wrapped a chain around his right gauntlet.
  • Created a proxy mesh for the cloth.

Mon, Jan 11, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • I also did a rough paint job to the model. I will be keeping most of the gradient.

Next Step: I am currently baking the textures and exporting the low-poly version of the models. Right now, the model is 200k polys(I know, it's high!). I will try to reduce the poly count by  by 40k. UV the pieces, and work on the actual textures. Seems that I am going to crunch for the next few days to finish the character before the due date.

Mon, Jan 11, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

This is really starting to come together. Looks really cool!!!

Thanks for sharing such great WIPs.  :-)  

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Berke822
artist

Thanks a lot for your support @Foxy 3D! I will be sharing a few more of these.

• I unfolded the UVs:

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • PBR Material and its channels:

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • More close up images

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Berke822
artist

Next Step: I tried to rig the character in Maya, but the poly count causes Maya to utilize 15 GB RAM and I can't even paint the weights. I will pose the character in ZBrush and fix the issues in Maya as an alternative solution. Then, I will be adding a few more components to this character before the render:

• Sword
  • Chain
  • Kilt
  • Rock

I'll try to post more WIP images when I'm available.

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • Rock for the scene. Sculpted, remeshed, and projected in ZBrush. Textured in Substance Painter. I designed the generic rock material in Substance Alchemist, then imported it into Substance Painter.

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • The sword I designed for the character. Concept art I drew on the left, and 3D model on the right. Modeled in Maya, textured in Substance Painter.

I will be posting the last few WIP images for the project as I progress. Then I'll switch to a better PC to render high-quality images. This is all I have for today.

Wed, Jan 13, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Sweet! Thank you for sharing these updates. 

Looks great, and I love the sword.  :-)  

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
Berke822
artist
I finally switched to a better pc and exporting the final renders right now. Here are the last WIP images @Foxy 3D.
  • I first poly modeled the kilt and placed it under the waist armor carefully. Then sculpted the rough shape in ZBrush and retopologized it.

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
Berke822
artist
  • I enhanced the fabric details in Substance Painter. The image on the right is the Opacity Pass.

Thu, Jan 14, 2021
Berke822
artist

Lore: Aworoth is a Praetorian Demon who lives in Mediterranean geography. After all the bad deeds he committed, he was turned into a demon. He embraced his new identity and started ruling all the lost souls in hell.

Final Renders:

High Quality 8K Renders: AWOROTH 8K Renders

1080p Renders: 

This is it. I hope you liked it. Good luck everyone!

Feel free to follow me on social media:

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/berke822 

Instagram: https://wwww.instagram.com/mbguitarist 

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MustafaBerkeGureltol 

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/6sl1c4uPhUyhBhcPc7Sq5F?si=GE-zfg1QRXScxbQF_UcThw 

Sat, Jan 16, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

WOW - SO COOL! The texturing and lighting really made this pop. The 8K renders are freakin' awesome. You can REALLY see the details. Great job!  

Thank you for participating in the contest, and for giving us such nice WIPs and commentary. I have enjoyed following your project. 

I'm just the host and will not be judging - but I wish you the best of luck. Have a great weekend!  :-)  

Sat, Jan 16, 2021
Berke822
artist

Hi @Foxy 3D. Thank you so much for your kind wishes and comments! I can also admit that you're one of the best hosts I've seen in any organization/contest. You managed the process at a different level while motivating all of us at the same time. I hope everyone enjoyed this contest as much as I did!

Sun, Jan 17, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

THANK YOU so much for the kind words. It really means a lot to me. I have enjoyed being the host for this contest, and there will be more contests to come in the future.  

I am not a character designer, so it has been very interesting to see all of the work in progress images and follow each project from concept to creation. Seriously cool stuff!  

Thanks again, and have a great day!  

Thu, Jan 21, 2021
Berke822
artist

You're welcome @Foxy 3D.Here's a slideshow video I prepared. It includes all the images I've posted here. Enjoy it!

Sun, Jan 24, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

In case you didn't see the official announcement, CONGRATULATIONS are in order!

Come see the winners announcement right here.  

Winners will get a private message from the owner of RenderHub soon so he can get your mailing address to ship out the prizes, and to request the download link for your project. 

Thanks for participating, and great job!  :-)  

Thu, Mar 04, 2021
RenderHub
Administrator

Congrats

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble