×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Cyber Witch character design (CLOSED)

eye743
Thread Activity
Modeat AshTue, Jan 12, 2021
So here added some straps, then extracted the mesh o f the arm and started to sculpt around those straps, built a big base always checking the silhoue
Modeat AshTue, Jan 12, 2021
Thank you ^^ my pleasure, more to come, doubt that I will make it on time, but it doesn't matter at this point.
Foxy 3DSat, Jan 09, 2021
Looking really cool, and fantastic WIPs. Thank you for sharing such great details.  :-)  
Modeat AshFri, Jan 08, 2021
Sculped a few wrinkles on the pants and extruded a base for the under shirt 
Modeat AshThu, Jan 07, 2021
Finishing up on the base meshes in Max, did this in max so that I get a hard surface feel for non organic objects, next up organic stuff in Zbrush for
Modeat AshThu, Jan 07, 2021
Thank you very much ^^ hopefully I can make it to the finish
Modeat AshSat, Jan 02, 2021
Karma: 132
Hey folks, so I just noticed an Email with the contest and just had to try my luck, always wanted to enter a contest, yet always noticed them too late :DD with 2 weeks left i guess i can call myself late yet again, but hopefully I will manage to get this one done until the deadline, sat down today to begin the entry and decided to go for a witch character with a cyber twist, she has a cat that she augmented for herself to surf the cyber space safely and uses his intel to pose as a magic witch in a world full of non-superstition. Hope you like it the idea and I really hope I can make it in time. Cheers all, good luck.image

Modeat AshSat, Jan 02, 2021
Karma: 132
Hi guys, so i looked at the concept with fresher eyes and did some modifications upon it. First of all, I gathered a little bit of reference to make it feel more punk, it was to far from what I was aiming for tho went with a more biker, metal head kind of look.
image

Then I wanted her outfit and all to have a bit more believability, so since she is a witch, she may belong to a coven of hacker witches and they needed a symbol and somethings for branding.
I searched for some symbols that suit my desired message from the character.

image

After i gathered some of what i thought would fit, started to fuse the together in search for logos.

The process went in basic steps, the symbols i like, see how they fuse, then add a pseudo title of the gang, and finally brand the jacket itself.

image

So I played around with different hair styles and finally arrived between a decision of two, picked the one on the right.

image

And here is the design redefined, hope it looks better to you too ^^ cheers.

image
Modeat AshSun, Jan 03, 2021
Karma: 132
Blackout for the body, i decided to do the base from scratch to challenge myself more and also to achieve less outside influenced style in the end, aiming for something that would have my personal touch.
image
Modeat AshSun, Jan 03, 2021
Karma: 132
After i finished up with the base body for the female thought it be good to get the cat out of the way, so I did the base for it. next.
Just shaping dynamesh and eventually merging because in know I will do most of the work in lowpoly with the cat for sure

image

Then it was important for me to check the silhouette before beginning retopo.  Gave a bit more curve for the ears

image
Modeat AshMon, Jan 04, 2021
Karma: 132
Hi guys so I started from the blackout for the shoes, gathered reference for goth/punk styles and gathered them up, in the end it should turn out like a mix of the shoes I like and make it tecy.

image

first i made the socks like in the concept, and proceeded to blackout the base shapes for the boots.
image

I really hope to make this on time, will be a hell of a challenge, good luck with the work everyone ^^
Foxy 3DTue, Jan 05, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Sweet concept, cool references, and the project is looking great already.  
Welcome to the contest, and thank you for participating! 
Modeat AshThu, Jan 07, 2021
Karma: 132
Thank you very much ^^ hopefully I can make it to the finish
Modeat AshThu, Jan 07, 2021
Karma: 132
Finishing up on the base meshes in Max, did this in max so that I get a hard surface feel for non organic objects, next up organic stuff in Zbrush for wrinkles and other clothing.

image
Modeat AshFri, Jan 08, 2021
Karma: 132
Sculped a few wrinkles on the pants and extruded a base for the under shirt

 imageimage
Foxy 3DSat, Jan 09, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Looking really cool, and fantastic WIPs. 
Thank you for sharing such great details.    


Modeat AshTue, Jan 12, 2021
Karma: 132
Thank you ^^ my pleasure, more to come, doubt that I will make it on time, but it doesn't matter at this point.

Modeat AshTue, Jan 12, 2021
Karma: 132
So here added some straps, then extracted the mesh o f the arm and started to sculpt around those straps, built a big base always checking the silhouette and when i was happy with it went in and did some wrinkles by masking bits and moving unmasked points on top creating wrinkles. )

image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account