Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Cyber Witch character design (CLOSED)

Sat, Jan 02, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
Cyber Witch character design

Hey folks, so I just noticed an Email with the contest and just had to try my luck, always wanted to enter a contest, yet always noticed them too late :DD with 2 weeks left i guess i can call myself late yet again, but hopefully I will manage to get this one done until the deadline, sat down today to begin the entry and decided to go for a witch character with a cyber twist, she has a cat that she augmented for herself to surf the cyber space safely and uses his intel to pose as a magic witch in a world full of non-superstition. Hope you like it the idea and I really hope I can make it in time. Cheers all, good luck.image

Sat, Jan 02, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

Hi guys, so i looked at the concept with fresher eyes and did some modifications upon it. First of all, I gathered a little bit of reference to make it feel more punk, it was to far from what I was aiming for tho went with a more biker, metal head kind of look.

Then I wanted her outfit and all to have a bit more believability, so since she is a witch, she may belong to a coven of hacker witches and they needed a symbol and somethings for branding.

I searched for some symbols that suit my desired message from the character.

After i gathered some of what i thought would fit, started to fuse the together in search for logos.

The process went in basic steps, the symbols i like, see how they fuse, then add a pseudo title of the gang, and finally brand the jacket itself.

So I played around with different hair styles and finally arrived between a decision of two, picked the one on the right.

And here is the design redefined, hope it looks better to you too ^^ cheers.

Sun, Jan 03, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

Blackout for the body, i decided to do the base from scratch to challenge myself more and also to achieve less outside influenced style in the end, aiming for something that would have my personal touch.

Sun, Jan 03, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

After i finished up with the base body for the female thought it be good to get the cat out of the way, so I did the base for it. next.
Just shaping dynamesh and eventually merging because in know I will do most of the work in lowpoly with the cat for sure

Then it was important for me to check the silhouette before beginning retopo.  Gave a bit more curve for the ears

Mon, Jan 04, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

Hi guys so I started from the blackout for the shoes, gathered reference for goth/punk styles and gathered them up, in the end it should turn out like a mix of the shoes I like and make it tecy.

first i made the socks like in the concept, and proceeded to blackout the base shapes for the boots.

I really hope to make this on time, will be a hell of a challenge, good luck with the work everyone ^^

Tue, Jan 05, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Sweet concept, cool references, and the project is looking great already.  

Welcome to the contest, and thank you for participating! 

Thu, Jan 07, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

Thank you very much ^^ hopefully I can make it to the finish

Thu, Jan 07, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

Finishing up on the base meshes in Max, did this in max so that I get a hard surface feel for non organic objects, next up organic stuff in Zbrush for wrinkles and other clothing.

Fri, Jan 08, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

Sculped a few wrinkles on the pants and extruded a base for the under shirt

imageimage

Sat, Jan 09, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looking really cool, and fantastic WIPs. 

Thank you for sharing such great details.  :-)  

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

Thank you ^^ my pleasure, more to come, doubt that I will make it on time, but it doesn't matter at this point.

Tue, Jan 12, 2021
Modeat Ash
artist

So here added some straps, then extracted the mesh o f the arm and started to sculpt around those straps, built a big base always checking the silhouette and when i was happy with it went in and did some wrinkles by masking bits and moving unmasked points on top creating wrinkles. :))

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble