×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

The Stone of Light (CLOSED)

eye612
Thread Activity
andrey_oliverTue, Jun 18, 2024
Wow! Thank you very very much! I really appreciate it!
Foxy 3DTue, Jun 18, 2024
---UPDATE---As with all contests, RenderHub reserves the right to verify the eligibility qualifications of any winner. The original first-place entry
andrey_oliverTue, Jun 18, 2024
Thank you!!
FacesartTue, Jun 18, 2024
Congratulations
andrey_oliverSun, Jun 16, 2024
Thank you, my friend! 3D art can be truly complex, and I'm glad the effort paid off
andrey_oliverSun, Jun 16, 2024
Thank you, Vesper! And congratulations to you too! Your work is truly amazing, my friend. Well deserved!
andrey_oliverFri, May 31, 2024
Karma: 752
The Stone of Light

Forum Image 
I aimed to depict the contest theme in a very direct way. I created a character to "hold" the light and emphasized their eyes in the composition, as without them, light would mean nothing to us.

I created this piece from scratch: after my initial sketch, I did all the modeling in ZBrush and Blender, the clothing in Marvelous Designer, and the texturing in Substance Painter.

In the end, I combined everything in Blender, where I did the character's beard grooming and added more detail to the scene.

In the lighting, I made the most of illuminating the composition, treating it as if it were also a third character, trying to highlight both the object and the Goblin's expression. To give the sensation of preciousness to the stone, I used god rays and caustics, forming a rainbow in the eyes; I used color composition between the stone and the green skin of the character; and created a contrast between warm and cool tones in the background and foreground lighting.

This was the final result; I hope you like it Thank you for your attention!


Breakdown:

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
My sketch:
Forum Image
Progress/Prints:
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

VESPERFri, May 31, 2024
Karma: 1,417
Amazing work my friend. This took so much work. I can tell. you really put tremendous detail into this. It looks like something out of a Disney movie!
Vesper
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Fri, Jun 07, 2024
Thank you very much, my friend! I'm glad you appreciated my efforts on the details!
jamie6Wed, Jun 12, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Thu, Jun 13, 2024
Thank you!
jamie6
Admin: 14,430
Thu, Jun 13, 2024
No problem
Foxy 3DSat, Jun 15, 2024
Admin: 59,557
Congratulations on taking THIRD PLACE in the contest! Great work.
Someone will be in contact with you soon regarding your prize.

Thanks for participating in the contest.

andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Thank you! I'm very happy to have placed third and to be among such great artists. What an amazing community!
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Tue, Jun 18, 2024
---UPDATE---

As with all contests, RenderHub reserves the right to verify the eligibility qualifications of any winner.
The original first-place entry failed that eligibility review, so your entry has now been bumped up to SECOND PLACE.
Congratulations!
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Tue, Jun 18, 2024
Wow! Thank you very very much! I really appreciate it!
Kadaj777Sat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 10,191
Congrats!!
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Thank you!!!
TZO3k1Sat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 978
Congrats on the win, and thanks for sharing your workflow! 

I have to really get into using blender from now on!
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Thank you, I appreciate it! Yes, definitely give Blender a try, it's an incredibly powerful software!
beachlegsSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 9,921
Congratulations my friend a wonderful image
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Thanks so much!
VilinFXHubSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 1,951
Congratulations, well done and definitely deserved.
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
I truly appreciate your kind words! thanks!!
drjivagoSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Congratulations with your entry among the winners.
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
I'm truly humbled to be among the top three; there were so many outstanding artworks. Thank you!!
VESPERSun, Jun 16, 2024
Karma: 1,417
Congratulations on the win great work.
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Thank you, Vesper! And congratulations to you too! Your work is truly amazing, my friend. Well deserved!
artist
protosyntheticSun, Jun 16, 2024
Account Closed
Well-deserved propers. You constructed and executed this well!
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Thank you, my friend! 3D art can be truly complex, and I'm glad the effort paid off
FacesartTue, Jun 18, 2024
Karma: 3,154
Congratulations
andrey_oliver
Karma: 752
Tue, Jun 18, 2024
Thank you!!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account