×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Playing God (CLOSED)

eye148
salmon_rougeFri, May 31, 2024
Karma: 103
Final Render:

Forum Image

When I saw the theme of the contest, godly imagery came to mind, since these entities are often depicted with beams of light brought up by them. So for this contest I wanted to create a scene depicting a celestial being towering over naive people trying to control it.

Forum Image

I wanted to create the main character of the scene, so the god was done on Zbrush, and textured on Substance painter. I had in mind for it to be made of stone or marble, but its body to follow the organic shapes of coiling branches with glowing crystals powering it up.

Forum Image

The scene rendering and compositing was made in Blender
For the environment as well as the human characters, I used assets from BlenderKit that I tweaked on shape and texture to achieve the final composition.

BTS shotsForum Image

Forum Image

Thumbnail:
Forum Image


Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account