×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/REFLECTIONS RENDER CONTEST

Cyberhunt (CLOSED)

eye323
Tark_ArkWed, Jul 31, 2024
Karma: 13,587
Hello everyone!

At first I wanted to make a scene in the rain on the roof of a mega tower, which is visible in the distance through a gap.
Then in a sewer tunnel with water. As a result, the idea mutated, mutated and turned into this scene.
The robot that I gradually made in my free time was also added to the scene. Well, and I had to give it something in its hands, so I made it an expanding cybersword. =)
Since I finished the render for the competition, I will continue to refine the robot.
And then all the other by-products for DazStudio, of which there are a lot and they are just lying around in the closet. It's time to sort out this mess.)

I hope you like my work.
I wish everyone good luck and goodness!
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image




Tark_ArkWed, Jul 31, 2024
Karma: 13,587
drjivagoWed, Jul 31, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Good tunnel scene with a stylish figure. Well done TA. !
Cherry-8omb
Karma: 995
Wed, Jul 31, 2024
agree the tunnel look very cool
Tark_Ark
Karma: 13,587
Thu, Aug 01, 2024
Thanks)
Tark_ArkFri, Aug 02, 2024
Karma: 13,587
For those who are interested in some details.

It all started with this little thing that I kicked into the distance.

Forum ImageForum ImageForum Image

Then there was this lousy tunnel.
Here I realized that a great future awaited me in the architects garbage dump.
Forum Image

Went back to 3dsMax and started all over again with small mesh parts, not forgetting about UVs and texturing.
Forum Image


I made the wall destructions using the Rayfire plugin. It's a pity I don't have much experience, I think it could have been done even better.
And it was more convenient to deform the metal parts with a brush in ZBrush.
Forum Image
Forum ImageForum ImageForum Image

Some stones on the ground had to be assigned to another group and made transparent. I think I overdid it with their quantity.
I also added a character that I'm currently working on, I don't always have free time for everything I want to do. But the process is ongoing.
Forum Image

Well, and the cybersword in two states. I made it quickly, I want to remake it a little.
Forum Image

It seems I haven't forgotten anything. Good luck to everyone.

Tark_ArkFri, Aug 02, 2024
Karma: 13,587
Forum Image
s7sFri, Aug 02, 2024
Karma: 304
The Character Design Contest awaits for your modelling skills... Best of luck and inspiration!
Tark_Ark
Karma: 13,587
Fri, Aug 02, 2024
Oh, I don't know... I haven't finished this character yet, and I have a lot of personal stuff to do. And the modeling contest lasts two months, like a regular render contest. And here you have to model and cover it, and make renders. If I can find time for this, I'll try.
drjivagoSun, Aug 04, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Nice work with putting all the tunnel parts together T_A. That last minute addition of the cyber sword looks like you spent some time on it too
Everything looks good as nothing is left out. I'm sure your modelling skills will have no trouble getting a character done, except time you have to spare... Good luck with your entry and with other ideas.
Tark_Ark
Karma: 13,587
Mon, Aug 05, 2024
Thank you! With the sword it doesn't look as complicated as it might seem, most of its length is repeating segments. Time is always in short supply, I'm still waiting for the sleep cure. =)
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account