×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Making my space ship model easy to use for weaker computers. (CLOSED)

eye194
lukonThu, Oct 24, 2024
Karma: 8,496
I want to release this free Qyixor space ship for Daz.

Any advice on this is welcome.

I want to partition the model into sections that make it easy to omit parts not in view, for weak computers (such as mine) to render scenes both inside and outside.

If you have used some of the "private jet" models from the Daz store and so on, and found it frustrating, I'd like to hear the gripes. Maybe I could avoid such gripes about this model before I release it.

So here is a picture of the way I have the ship partitioned as of 2024-10.Forum Image

guy91600Fri, Oct 25, 2024
Karma: 21,202
Thank you for this initiative to ask future users their opinion on cutting a product for more practical use
Being able to hide the "roof" is sometimes useful because it blocks "distant light" in 3Delight renderings

lukon
Karma: 8,496
Fri, Oct 25, 2024
Yes. Good idea. Thanks for suggesting it. I think I will have option to set the ceiling to invisible on the hull interior segments. No need to hide the actual roof of the exterior, since when rendering the inside, the exterior won't have been loaded into the scene anyway.
lukonSat, Oct 26, 2024
Karma: 8,496
Ok I made the ceiling hide-able for all the interior hull segments. When assembled and ceiling hidden, it looks like this:Forum Image
guy91600Sat, Oct 26, 2024
Karma: 21,202
This seems good to me for 3Delight rendering enthusiasts!
Thanks
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account