×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Feedback/Critique Retopology (CLOSED)

eye156
diogovf222Tue, Dec 10, 2024
Karma: 105
I just want some opinions/feedback on the topology in regards to the loops and density before carrying on with the project. I wanted to do something with a less faceted or mid - high poly look. And with some research I found that the Kratos model in GOW3 (2010) has 64,000 polys as a whole, with 5,700 on the face alone. For GOW (2018) the total would be 80,000. Forum Image

RN95Wed, Dec 18, 2024
Karma: 8,414
Hi there, the topology is looking very good on your model, well done.
The polycount you mentioned is correct for kratos, but i would not fix to much on a certain number for polycount, as it varies with the usecase of the model.
I can give you a tip as rule of thumb, which may help you with every retopo you do.
I would try to retopo each model as low as possible, you can always subD it afterwards. Going higher in polycount is always easier than going lower.

hope this helps
Pushee-RiWed, Dec 18, 2024
Karma: 52,500
I'm a DAZ CC (and therefore possibly not the right person to talk to) but for me the mesh looks great!

Here are a few DAZ insights on the Polycount (if that's useful):
G9 Base (without SubDiv): 25 k
GF8 (without SubDiv): 16 k
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account