×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/RENDERHUB GRAFFITI CONTEST 2

RenderHub Graffiti Contest | 2025 (CLOSED)

eye1,042
Thread Activity
jaegermanjensenMon, May 26, 2025
Thank you for the clarification, RenderHub Team. I appreciate your transparency and understand the position. I look forward to future opportunities to
gh0sttttMon, May 26, 2025
There's still two more.
RenderHub Admin 1Mon, May 26, 2025
We want to inform you that your Honorable Mention entry in the Graffiti Contest has been disqualified. As stated in our contest rules, the use of Gene
RenderHub Admin 1Mon, May 26, 2025
CONTEST WINNER UPDATEWe want to inform the community that one of the Honorable Mention winners in the Graffiti Contest has been disqualified. This dec
gh0sttttFri, May 23, 2025
And the funny thing is that I can't even message anyone behind the scenes about this matter or I'll get banned (another rule RH made for contests)But
gh0sttttFri, May 23, 2025
Fixed the rules for ya, pookie bears.You had one job, this not all I'm gonna say.I also don't understand how during the AoL contest, you can listen to
gh0sttttThu, May 22, 2025
It honestly depresses me that this is being ignored. The lack of response on this issue is atrocious.
jaegermanjensenThu, May 22, 2025
Hi everyone, I wanted to speak openly and share my perspective -- especially since I'm one of the artists who used an AI-generated graffiti texture in
Foxy 3DSat, Mar 15, 2025
Admin: 59,517
Welcome to the RenderHub Graffiti Contest

$1000 Grand Prize | $2650 Cash Prize Pool | 11 Winners

-----

3D artists, it's time to tag up the virtual world! Create a 3D scene featuring "RenderHub" as an epic graffiti piece. It can be on a building, train, sidewalk, vehicle, or whatever you can imagine. Think you've got the skills? Enter the contest now and prove it!

-----

Official rules for the contest can be found here:
https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/renderhub-graffiti-contest-2

Submit your entries here:
https://www.renderhub.com/forum/renderhub-graffiti-contest-2

If you have any questions about the contest, feel free to ask them here in this thread.
hannahRodgersTue, Apr 15, 2025
Karma: 262
Hello!

I have a quick question about your rules regarding team entries and if my situation would fall under them. My partner wants to sketch up a few ideas for me and I was going to see if I liked any enough to turn them into a 3D concept! She would only be doing 2D sketches, I would be making the entire 3D scene myself. Wanted to make sure that either this was allowed or if you feel this falls into  'team project' territory, in which case I won't use her sketch ideas.

Thanks for your time,
Hannah R.
hannahRodgers
Karma: 262
Wed, Apr 16, 2025
Oops, read the originality part of the contest rules. I will NOT be doing this lol. Apologies for the stupid question :, )
GMArtworksTue, Apr 15, 2025
Karma: 20,304
When will the winners be announced? I remember there was a link to that from previous contests.

Thanks in advance
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Tue, Apr 15, 2025
It says May 14th, but it could also be any time between the 15th of May and the 24th of May. Contest END date is April 30th.
zooooTue, Apr 29, 2025
Karma: 1,314
Hi Renderhub Admin, I accidentally logged into my old account through my cellphone and posted a response to someone that made a comment on my contest entry through the old account. I would like to state that i did not intend to generate false engagement or submit more than one entry. I have tried to delete my old account as i rebranded and couldn't change my profile name so i made a new account. Let me know if this mistake will have me disqualified or if i need to submit another entry. P.S if the old account could be deleted, that would be great, as i barely use it.

here is the entry: https://www.renderhub.com/forum/10415/one-small-step-for-man-one-giant-leap-for-renderhub
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,517
Wed, Apr 30, 2025
That's no problem at all. Clearly, that wasn't your intention - but thanks for letting us know.

FYI - If you would have contacted Support, they could have done a name change for you.
But since you're already established with the new account - the old one can be closed.
To do that, please contact Support from that account so the request can be properly documented.

https://www.renderhub.com/info/contact-support

As far as your "wrong account" reply goes... Feel free to reply to that user again using the proper account.
It's totally up to you if you'd like to do that for clarification.

Good luck in the contest. Thanks for participating!
zoooo
Karma: 1,314
Wed, Apr 30, 2025
awesome! Thank you for your response Foxy! thats a relief!!! I will contact support ASAP
NimbleFingersWed, Apr 30, 2025
Karma: 260
What size is the thumbnail?
artist
mediamonkey82
Account Closed
Wed, Apr 30, 2025
400x400
NimbleFingers
Karma: 260
Thu, May 01, 2025
Thank you.
artist
mediamonkey82Wed, Apr 30, 2025
Account Closed
Hi

I have a question concerning not using AI, stated in the rules.

There seem to be a good few entries where the graffiti designs (especially the TAGS) look AI generated, perfect highly detailed & plentiful, a lot  don't show any vector work to show the actual graffiti its self was actually created and not generated and just placed into a 3D scene.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Wed, Apr 30, 2025
I noticed it also, just didn't know how to go about mentioning it since I didn't know AI could do full AND specific words now, which is concerning to me. It's still repetitive, though. Most of the tags look the same, if not very, very similar.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Wed, Apr 30, 2025
It was how similar some of them looked that made me think something was odd.
artist
mediamonkey82
Account Closed
Thu, May 01, 2025
Hey Ghost

I mean put it this way, the word Renderhub wouldn't be online anywhere to download as a Graffiti tag which means one of two things :
AI generated or everyone is a seasoned graphic designer, because id love to see the actual vectors of the really complex Graffiti tags used.

Its a graffiti contest, that should be the 1st and out most NO NO when creating or judging entries that AI wasn't used.
ITAT311
Karma: 377
Thu, May 01, 2025
Idk, I just rode around on my bicycle and photographed a bunch of tags in my area and then cleaned them up in Photoshop to use as decals. I also used a graffiti decal bundle by BlauwFilms which they made in collaboration with the graffiti artist Briks. They sprayed real graffitis on a white wall and then turned them into decal for digital use.

As for the "RenderHub" tag, I again used Photoshop to select out individual letters from various graffitis and then combined them to form the word by scaling, rotating and merging certain areas.

Though I do agree that I have seen at least one AI generated texture on an entry in this contest, there might be more considering there are more than 150 entries.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Thu, May 01, 2025
I used Sketchook by Autodesk, which has been discontinued since 2021, then added my tags on DAZ3D textures via GIMP.
Also, yours turned out phenomenally, ITAT311. I loved looking at it.
RenderHub Admin 1
Admin: 16,674
Thu, May 01, 2025
That is correct. Per the official rules, Generative AI of any kind is not allowed.
artist
mrtaured
Account Closed
Wed, May 14, 2025
This is why is used actually rendered images and gimp painted text. Easy to show and no wonder needed. They need to make karma requirement. 5000 or maybe 10000 plus. Most of the people using ai stuff don't even frequent renderhub. They just use it as a gallery toilet. I recommend being part of the community. You won't want to use ai. You'll want be genuine like the rest of us. we're cool here.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Wed, May 14, 2025
5000 karma? I could barely manage 1000, how do I reach 5000?
artist
mrtaured
Account Closed
Wed, May 14, 2025
Like. View. Follow. Comment. Post. I've gotten 8000 within months by interacting more. Which is my point kind of. More loyalty might bring about more genuine contest participants. Maybe slice it. Have a contest like these and then others with karma to unlock you participation.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Wed, May 14, 2025
Oh. I was wondering why I was gaining karma, I didn't expect it to be similar to Reddit.
I see what you mean. The more involved, the better.
artist
mrtaured
Account Closed
Wed, May 14, 2025
Yep. Now ya gotta follow me and be my friend forever.
NimbleFingersThu, May 01, 2025
Karma: 260
Just reading this. I know nothing about AI. I used Photoshop, fonts, and played with various styles to get my Renderhub tag.
AlfRaMusicTue, May 13, 2025
Karma: 16,536
We eagerly await tomorrow! On that day, questions will be asked again, such as "Where can I find the announcement of the winner?" or "Have the winners been announced yet?" In any case, tomorrow begins the impatient wait for the results, and I'm already looking forward to my impatience!

Happy waiting
AlfRaMusic
Warkarma
Karma: 693
Wed, May 14, 2025
So far, no questions
ChwNikvi17
Karma: 189
Wed, May 14, 2025
Do ya'll know if are we getting the winners today? :')
Warkarma
Karma: 693
Thu, May 15, 2025
Nope
kemal_8880Thu, May 15, 2025
Karma: 178
Hello everyone! When will the winners be announced?
artist
mrtauredThu, May 15, 2025
Account Closed
Me patiently waiting on the results like a super pro artist 

https://youtube.com/shorts/B1TPzdX9SpI?feature=shared



gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Fri, May 16, 2025
Bro... I feel like some disingenuous ones slipped through. The wait might not have been worth it this time.
RenderHub Admin 1Thu, May 15, 2025
Admin: 16,674
CONTEST UPDATE:

The judges' final picks are in and are currently being validated and tallied. The winners will be announced soon!
Thank you for your patience, and good luck to all. 
WarkarmaFri, May 16, 2025
Karma: 693
Congratulations to the winners!! And thank you for a honorable mention
VilinFXHubFri, May 16, 2025
Karma: 1,946
Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions, Fun to be part of it...Thanks.
gh0sttttFri, May 16, 2025
Karma: 1,486
So, congratulations to the winners.. however.. knowing that DALLE can now generate full words..
I can't help but feel as though there are about 5 winners who AI generated their taglines. Most of the entries (in fact, I don't think ANY of them do) don't contain proof that their tags were drawn, but there are proof that the renders themselves were done. This was a GRAFFITI contest, after all. This is the first time I feel bad for telling judges how to judge, but The artwork for the tags has to be considered.
I'll just leave it at this.
But to the other 6 entries with tags that DON'T look generated, I do congratulate you, y'all did great!

RenderHub Admin 1Fri, May 16, 2025
Admin: 16,674
The contest winners have been announced! 

Congratulations to everyone, and thank you to all who participated. 
Winners will be contacted soon for the distribution of prizes. 

If you haven't seen it yet, the next contest is already underway. Hope to see you there!

Thank you all for participating in the RenderHub community.
giant dwarfFri, May 16, 2025
Karma: 5,630
Congrats to all the winners and the honorable mentions too, and good luck to the others in the next contests. 
gh0sttttFri, May 16, 2025
Karma: 1,486
So, I know Renderhub does have the right to review and basically go over the winners entries, and you have exercised that right a couple of times before, once during the FIRST graffiti contest, and again during the Art of Light contest, so I hope you exercise those rights again here.
To sum up the reason why, these images are all of "RENDERHUB" graffiti taglines that were generated via GPT's DALLE image generator.
Now, I will not point any fingers. But I asked that anyone who sees this comment of mine go to the winners of the Graffiti Contest 2 and find all the ones that look similar to, or are the same as these generated images.
As far as I am certain, many of the taglines look disingenuous, and none of them show proof that their tags were ever drawn, just proof that the 3D scene was built.
How did "judges" (plural by the way, implying that the winners were chosen as a team effort) let so many AI tags slip in as winners?
Also, how did so many people NOT READ THE RULES?
This was a GRAFFITI contest, so the artwork should've been top priority - hell - it should've been a requirement to have proof of authorship on the graffiti drawing or modeling (since some entries 3D modeled their tags).

Again, all images below originated from DALLE:
Forum Image Forum ImageForum ImageForum Image Forum Image 
jaegermanjensenThu, May 22, 2025
Karma: 1,256
Hi everyone, I wanted to speak openly and share my perspective -- especially since I'm one of the artists who used an AI-generated graffiti texture in my entry.

To be clear: everything else in my piece -- the 3D modeling, scene composition, lighting, shading, and rendering -- was entirely done by me and took many hours of dedicated effort. The graffiti tag itself was generated using AI, but I treated it no differently than I would a Photoshop text effect or a stylized font -- as a visual design element, not the final product. Since admittedly, I'm not a graffiti artist, and I'm sure many other participants aren't either.

For example, I could ask an AI to generate a metal texture map for a chest plate armor asset I've built -- that's not so different than buying a pre-made texture from RenderHub or ArtStation and applying it to my own model. I may not have done much work on the texture itself, but the asset it's applied to is still my original creation.

When I read the contest rules, there was no specific mention that the graffiti had to be hand-drawn, original, or created without AI assistance. The rule was simply to create a 3D scene featuring the word "RenderHub" as graffiti. The broader RenderHub rule about AI-generated images seems to apply to gallery uploads and product content -- not necessarily to textures embedded within a full 3D render. If my interpretation was wrong and I end up disqualified or banned from future contests or even the site, then that's something I'll accept -- but I genuinely entered in good faith, not to circumvent the rules.

If the intention was to only allow fully original hand-drawn or modeled graffiti art, I truly believe that should have been explicitly stated upfront. Clearer rules help everyone -- artists, judges, and viewers -- understand what's expected and avoid this kind of confusion. 

I respect the passion for artistic integrity and maintaining artistic standards. At the same time, I also hope the effort that goes into building a full 3D scene, from composition to rendering, continues to be acknowledged as valid creative work.

I hope this helps explain where I (and perhaps others) were coming from.
RenderHub Admin 1
Admin: 16,674
Mon, May 26, 2025
We want to inform you that your Honorable Mention entry in the Graffiti Contest has been disqualified.

As stated in our contest rules, the use of Generative AI is not allowed in any part of a contest entry. This policy reflects our commitment to supporting 3D work made by human creators. While we appreciate your honesty, the rules must be upheld to maintain the fairness and integrity of the contests..

Aside from this disqualification, there will be no further consequences. Your account is not at risk of being banned, and you are welcome to participate in future contests. We understand that rules can sometimes be overlooked, and we do not believe in penalizing people for honest mistakes.
gh0sttttThu, May 22, 2025
Karma: 1,486
It honestly depresses me that this is being ignored. The lack of response on this issue is atrocious.
gh0sttttFri, May 23, 2025
Karma: 1,486
Fixed the rules for ya, pookie bears.
You had one job, this not all I'm gonna say.
Forum Image

I also don't understand how during the AoL contest, you can listen to an insult-hurling internet troll with an altered Renaissance painting for a profile pic and got this same exact issue fixed within the day, but you won't listen to me who chose to keep it respectful, no personal attacks on anyone, just me trying to convince HOPEFULLY REAL judges to honor their own rules and redo the damn votes. REAL artists deserve this justice.
gh0sttttFri, May 23, 2025
Karma: 1,486
And the funny thing is that I can't even message anyone behind the scenes about this matter or I'll get banned (another rule RH made for contests)But then if I do, you'd literally be banning me for trying to hold you accountable after allowing rule breakers to win real cash. That doesn't sound like it'd make sense.
RenderHub Admin 1Mon, May 26, 2025
Admin: 16,674
Forum Image

CONTEST WINNER UPDATE

We want to inform the community that one of the Honorable Mention winners in the Graffiti Contest has been disqualified. This decision was made after the artist voluntarily disclosed that their submission used Generative AI to create the graffiti tag.

As stated in our contest rules, the use of Generative AI is not allowed in any part of a contest entry. This policy reflects our commitment to supporting 3D work made by human creators. While we appreciate the participant's honesty, the rules must be upheld. A new honorable mention has now been selected and posted.

We have also seen your discussions and concerns about other entries that might have used AI. The reality is, while wireframe images can help confirm that a model was created by hand, there is currently no reliable way to verify how a texture (like a graffiti tag) was made unless the artist discloses it. That puts the judges in a difficult position when selecting the winners. It would be unfair to disqualify any winner based on suspicion and without clear proof. As such, the remaining winners will stand. 

Moving forward, we'll be exploring ways to improve the fairness and integrity of the contests. That may include additional submission requirements or updated judging guidelines to reflect the challenges presented by Generative AI.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest and to those who spoke up with thoughtful feedback. We remain committed to keeping RenderHub contests fair, human-made, and true to the spirit of our creative community.

-The RenderHub Team-

gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Mon, May 26, 2025
There's still two more.
jaegermanjensen
Karma: 1,256
Mon, May 26, 2025
Thank you for the clarification, RenderHub Team. I appreciate your transparency and understand the position. I look forward to future opportunities to contribute.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account