‹ BACK TO ARTICLE LIST
How To Sell Like a Pro and Make More MoneyWednesday, September 28 2022 by RenderHub
Cover Art by RenderHub
Part 1: Format Your Products For SuccessHow your products appear in your store will greatly affect your sales. Following some simple rules will improve your store's performance. Get familiar with how other vendors have done it, especially those who are on the first page when sorted by best match.
- Type the name in Title Case, This means major words are capitalized.
- DO NOT use all lower case or all capital letters in your product name.
- DO NOT include the terms like “3D Model” as our system adds this in.
- Give useful information for buyers, including specific details about your item. Better descriptions will help increase your sales. Generic information like that from Wikipedia is not helpful for buyers and is not recommended.
- A good, well written description will also help your item rank higher in the search engines like Google. This means more traffic to your store and more sales for you.
- Select a Category and Subcategory for your item.
- Accurate selections here ensure your item is in the proper place on our site.
- Miscategorized items do not sell as well since buyers have a harder time finding them.
- Categorizing accurately increases sales for you!
- Search tags are important for increasing your item's search visibility. Use as many tags as you can, but DON'T use tags that are not relevant to your item.
- You can use up to 16 search tags.
Polygons and Vertices:
- For 3D Models, having an ACCURATE polygon and vertex count is very important.
- This information helps a buyer decide if the model is right for their project.
- Incorrect information here often leads to the buyer asking for a refund!
Photorealistic and Game Ready:
- For the Photorealistic and Game Ready drop downs, ONLY select yes if the item is actually Photoreal and/or Game Ready
- For Photorealistic, using PBR materials does not automatically mean it is Photorealistic. If you are unsure what Photorealistic is, please do a little Google research to clarify this.
- For Game Ready, there are specific conditions that need to be met. Again, please do a little Google research to clarify this.
- Pricing your item appropriately is important. You don't want to be too high, but at the same time pricing too low is not recommended.
- If you are unsure how to price an item, check our site to see what similar items are priced at. This should give you a good starting point.
- A good quality, properly cropped main thumbnail is your best way to increase traffic and sales of your item.
- Generally, a single view of the item is best for the main thumbnail.
- AVOID multiple views of the same item on the main thumbnail. Multiple views are OK for collections or bundles, or when the item has variations.
- Cropping is IMPORTANT. Your item should be well cropped, filling most of the square. Be sure to leave a small margin. Your thumbnail is the first thing people see when deciding to purchase!
- It is important to have high quality promo images for your items.
- Include multiple images with different views that show off all the details of the item. Including wireframe images for 3D models is always a good idea.
- This is a big deciding factor for buyers, so great promo images means more sales.
- Include a video for maximum engagement of your item.
- Videos are generally 360 turntable animations.
- Items with videos always sell better than ones without.
- AND your video will be added to our Vimeo channel, so you get extra exposure.
Part 2: Increase Sales by Promoting Your StoreSelf promotion is one of the best ways to increase your sales. A little effort on your part can make a big difference in how much money you make. Here are a few suggestions on what you can do to drive more traffic to your store.
Post in The Product Showcase
- Promote yourself on RenderHub by using the Product Showcase in the forum. It is a great way to announce your new items.
- The Product Showcase is in the RenderHub Forums.
Create Coupon Codes
- Offer discounts on your products by creating custom coupon codes.
- Share the coupon codes on social media to create buzz and increase sales.
- You can decide the discount amount and when the coupon expires.
Regularly Run Sales
- You can place items on sale which adds the SALE tag increasing traffic to your store.
- Our system allows you to decide the discount amount and when the sale ends.
- On sale items sell significantly better than non sale items.
Spread The Word
- Promoting yourself on social media is a great way to drive traffic to your store.
- Link to your items and store from other sites. This is another great way to drive traffic.
- Site links and social media posts help improve Google traffic, which means more sales for you!
Use Our Google Analytics Tool
- Track your progress with our built in Google Analytics tool for your store.
- You can set this up in your Store Settings