closeRenderHub Login
New Member? Create an Account.
User Name or Email Address
Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
I forgot my password.
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D ModelsDaz ContentPrint Ready3D TexturesSkin Reference
HDRISound EffectsForumBlogGalleryWallpapers
HOME|FORUMS|GENERAL DISCUSSION

Daz Studio mesh lights or spotlights?

Sun, Jan 27, 2019
by PsychoRobby

artist
Daz Studio mesh lights or spotlights?

I am very new to Daz and want to learn it more. I like what I'm able to do so far but know I am a long way off from creating some of the beautiful pictures I see posted everywhere. I have been playing with the spotlights that come with Daz Studio but see there are lots of products out there that use mesh lights. Then there are lots of products that use spotlights. 

Can someone tell me the major differences with them? Does one render faster then the other? Cleaner light? More control?

I have some money to spend on this new hobby, but I cann't afford to buy stuff just to experiment. I want to get off on the right start. I read a bunch of topics on the Daz website but nobody has really done a apples vs oranges comparison, at least not what I could find anyway.

Thank you for your help if you can. 

Wed, Jan 30, 2019
by artofher

artist

I have just been using spotlights but am by far no expert. I am thinking about trying a mesh light product out myself. 

Fri, Feb 01, 2019
by SeXi3D

artist

I know this is not A/B comparison, but I think mesh lights are a cleaner light like you say. I sometimes get strange fireflies in the hair with spotlights but never wish meshlights. But then in certain times i use the spotlight for more control. So it depends. I would like to see a A/B comparison to!

Tue, Feb 05, 2019
by NaughtyStudio

artist

I think it depends on what your trying to do. I use spotlights most of the time but I jsut bought a meshlight product I have been playing with. So far I think it is cleaner light but honestly havent done enough renders to say for sure. Now you got me curious on speed. Gonna have to test that out!

Sun, Feb 17, 2019
by PsychoRobby

artist

Thanks for your replies. I'm still playing around and learning as I go. Lots to learn for sure!

Wed, Feb 20, 2019
by onetwothreedee

artist

i have bought for both kinds and it depends on the scene. i usully like to use the mesh lights becasue i think it looks nicer but ther are harder to aim. spotlights can easy to aim. but meshlights are only way too go if ya want to make things of surfaces glow. 

YouTubeArtStationDeviantArtfacebookinstagram