Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
Sell Your Models3D ModelsDaz ContentPrint Ready3D TexturesSkin ReferenceHDRI
Stock ImagesSound EffectsForumArticlesGalleryWallpapers
HOME|FORUMS|GENERAL DISCUSSION

Texturing of Stitches

Sun, Mar 10, 2019
by 3D Centric
Australia
Texturing of Stitches

Hey All,

I need assistance on how to create realistic stitches for organic models like sofa's and cushions, more so the texture side of things.

I can model the sofa and cushions. I've modeled stitches, which I've cloned along a spline in an effort to create a normal map i.e. baking a high poly to low poly. The normal map is not great but I'm tweaking settings to experiment for the best results I can get. I'm okay with the result for now.

My issue now is how do I go about painting or texturing the stitches to coincide with the normal map stitches I created?
I can of course make 900 strokes with a brush over each, but surely there's an easy way to do this. I've tried the stitch brush in SP, but honestly, with my skill level, it's a mediocre result and since I've gone to the trouble of modeling the stitches for a half decent normal map, I'd prefer to explore that option for better results.

I was thinking along the lines of whether there is some way to get a decent Alpha Map of the stitches I modeled, that I could then use in SP, but this is where I'm at my wits-end at present.

PS: I'm trying to keep the poly count as low as possible. Let's say 'mid poly count level'.

How do you guys go about this?

Appreciate any help.

Tue, May 21, 2019
by 3D Centric
Australia

:) Seems this is something no one has experience with. Pity.

Sun, Jun 23, 2019
by SandyGrand

Sun, Jun 23, 2019
by SandyGrand

Sun, Jun 23, 2019
by 3D Centric
Australia

I'll be checking those out for sure. Thank you very much for the share.

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtCGSocietyfacebooktwitterInstagramPinteresttumblrBehanceLinkedindribbble