×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

My Daz-conversion Projects

eye225
lukonSat, Nov 15, 2025
Karma: 8,496
I design very few things from the ground up. I'm more likely to modify someone else's model, often just for kicks.

So in this thread I want to display these conversions.

Some of them I have released as freebies already. Others not.

Stay tuned for posts showing these conversion projects.
lukonSat, Nov 15, 2025
Karma: 8,496
Forum Image

I made a Daz-formatted version of Dazinbane's giant metal heads with some materials presets.

Dazinbane's original: https://www.deviantart.com/dazinbane/art/Giant-Metal-Head-freebie-1047300015

My modification: https://www.renderhub.com/lukon/sculpture-giant-metal-head-dazinbane


lukonSat, Nov 15, 2025
Karma: 8,496
Forum Image

I love Ahamed's twin column arch with overhead lights.

But it was only available in .max format.

So I first got an on-line converter to get me an .obj format, which was shitty of course. So I put in Blender and just about re-built the mesh from scratch. Then I made a Daz-formatted prop out of it. I love it.

The plants in vases are not part of it.

Ahamed's original: https://3dexport.com/3d-model-big-arch-62432
lukonMon, Jan 12
Karma: 8,496
Forum Image

A silly bat-shaped ship called the "F.M-1 Bat". This was a freebie over on ShareCG before that site went down. It was made by Mehilov.

So here I have adapted the Mehilov model for Daz Studio. Much reworking the mesh to split up bent faces. Assigned a bunch of materials zones.

Below see that I separated out the furniture and made one of the roof greebies into a hatch. So I add a ladder too.

Forum Image

I've had the model for decades, but only recently had a use for it. I was looking for a drone to chase after the beetle in this picture below:


Forum Image

And so I spent a lot of time working on the bat ship.

Forum Image

The pilot chair supplied by Mehilov was also a mesh disaster for Daz. But I had fun reworking that mesh and making a bunch of morphs for it, the most crucial of which was the morph to make it taller. Dig this: the ship was too small for character to stand up inside of it without brushing their heads against the lighting fixture I made. So I had to scale everything up. This made the pilot console pretty high off the floor. So I had to make the chair higher. My solution was actually a height morph so the chair could also be used for lower applications.
Also plan a tread-surfaced version of that optional foot rest plank.

Also, the back of the chair was totally vertical. So I made a morph to tilt the back backwards a bit.

But, one can also just use their own chair, like in the next two pictures. But note that I had to put riser boxes under this other chair as well.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Here's some shots of the furniture items:
Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

And here's the hatch:

Forum Image

I might release this ship as a freebie.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account