Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumArticlesWallpapers
HOME|FORUMS|GENERAL DISCUSSION

HEXAGON (DazStudio) STAY AWAY!!! (CLOSED)

Thu, Jan 16, 2020
Handyman454
United States
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
HEXAGON (DazStudio) STAY AWAY!!!

STAY AWAY FROM HEXAGON
Frustration after frustration.

Well.

I'm still in the learning curve of Blender (I seriously wish I'd never started in Hexagon) but I'm making progress having abandoned all hope in Hexagon and after trying it out again for a couple days, I'm still vastly disappointed and yet totally not surprised that Hexagon (Daz Studio) V:2.5.2.137 (current version), despite Daz's proclamations (BS) of it's great abilities, is still the most unreliable 3D design software I'v used thus far in my admittedly, limited experience.

If you're doing simple polies perhaps it's ok but if you have any interest in anything complex, stay far, far away from this software.

Hexagon is a toy. Not a professional design program and Daz shows no interest in changing that.

Their last update was June 13, 2018 and the changes were minor from the previous update of Feb 1 2018.

While it's relatively easy to learn there-in lies the trap.

Complex polies and vertices cause it to lock up and crash regularly so if you're doing large or high detail models, at some point after you've rebooted 6 or 12 times (no exaggeration on that either) you'll give it up and go looking for something else and if you learned 3D design on Hexagon, it'll be 4 times harder to learn it on any other, more professional software.

Boolean's, an extremely important tool and a nefarious task in any design software, are an even worse nightmare in Hexagon.

In addition to the standard, habit of adding hundreds of additional vertices (n-gons) regardless of the surfaces you're working with that most platforms also have, Hexagon is even worse in that it also simply makes one or both of the surfaces, disappear.

Again. I invite anyone to step in on the defense of this software.

Thu, Jan 16, 2020
Ion
Administrator

Dude, stay with blender. 

it is by far the best 3D software I have ever used!

YES! :)

Thu, Jan 16, 2020
Handyman454
United States

I'm still far from anywhere near as proficient in Blender as I was in Hexagon but I'm getting there.

What intregues me about Blender, aside from it's professional abilities, is the ability to render in it.
I'm looking forward to the day (maybe a couple months now) that I can use it as easily as I use Hex and Daz.

Plus. I'm impressed with the online tutorials and assistance I've gotten.

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtCGSocietyfacebooktwitterInstagramPinteresttumblrBehanceLinkedindribbble