Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

WIP Cynthia: Character for Daz Studio (CLOSED)

Wed, Apr 29, 2020
StephenRN
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
WIP Cynthia: Character for Daz Studio

I'm trying to learn Character and Content creation for Daz. This is my first attempt. I want to create "real" Characters based on real people. Fat, skinny, young, old, etc. This is Short, fat and sassy Cynthia. Done in Daz and Blender...  Anywho, Thanks for looking.

Wed, Apr 29, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Great job with the realistic skin! What software do you use to create your textures?

Wed, Apr 29, 2020
StephenRN
artist

Thank you very much, I'm still a noob, lol. To start, I usually create a base skin in Skin Builder 8 from Daz's site (It's a program/script that runs inside DS, arguably the best purchase I've ever made from Daz), then tweak it in photoshop, and then back to DS to mess with the Iray settings. I want to add pores, scars, maybe a tat and fiber mesh eyebrows, so I still have a lot to do. You can project paint and paint on the model in Photoshop, but I have yet to figure that out. I may invest in 3D Coat in the near future. I'm also trying to figure out the shader mixer and the shader builder in DS, but the documentation is sketchy and it's really complex. I opened Victoria 8's torso texture in the shader mixer and it zoomed out to 8% just so you could see all the settings at one time... I apologize for rambling on. But I'm really getting into this stuff and have tons of time on my hands. Any advice on where to go next? Also, do you think Cynthia might be a good product once she's complete? I might just give her away for free, lol. Anywho, thanks for taking the time to look and stay safe in these crazy times!

Thu, Apr 30, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Noob or not, you're off to a great start!

Thanks for sharing your technique. I have Skin Builder too, and I agree that it's a really cool product. 

I also have 3D Coat. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to mess with it too much. I got it when it went on a really good sale, and it's been calling my name ever since... LOL. 

Do I have any advice on where to go next? Yeah, right here  --->  https://www.renderhub.com/info/sell-3d-models     

I really do think there's a demand for exactly what you described ( Fat, skinny, young, old, etc. ) so you should definitely have some interest in your products. 

Give her away for free? If your characters function well as products, you don't need to do that. 

If you need any tips on how to get your characters ready as sellable characters, the owner of RenderHub has created a really nice tutorial video:

https://www.renderhub.com/blog/how-to-create-a-custom-genesis-8-character-in-daz-studio

And I'm not sure if you have seen this here on the site yet, but there are some fantastic skin resources for character creation:

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-skin-textures

Good luck, and I hope you choose to become a vendor here at RenderHub. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. 

BTW - Are you on DeviantArt or Facebook? I run the RenderHub group over at DA and manage the Facebook page as well. 

I'd love to hook up with you if you're on either. 

https://www.deviantart.com/renderhub3d

https://www.facebook.com/RenderHub3DModels/

Fri, May 01, 2020
StephenRN
artist

Hi, apologies for not getting back sooner, but I wanted to show my progress. I've been studying iray, bump, displacement and sss. I think I'm on the right track.

I have definitely seen that video by Ion. I'm a youtube hound, lol. It helped me immensely, I even have a local copy. It's where I learned to adjust bones and erc freeze it. Sickle Yield has a lot of good stuff, though some of it is dated. I've purchased several tuts from daz, and quite frankly most of them were crapola...

I'm on the evil Facebook, so I can see my kids and grandkids pictures, but I don't have any artwork there. I think I have a deviant art log on, but it is old. But I'm going to head over there and renew it or just sign up anew. I'll look for renderhub on FB and DA... Thanks for the invite.

I plan to put all of my stuff on RenderHub, once I become proficient and have something worthy of posting. I had several strokes a couple of years ago, and went from being right handed to a southpaw in a matter of hours. But I'm doing well, still partially paralyzed, but hey: what's a guy to do? So I'm retired now, so to speak, and have the time to devote to Daz and since it doesn't matter if I sell anything, I can take my time and truly do my best. Now don't feel sorry for me, I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm happy and can play with 3d all day if I want.

Here's a little something to look at, if you will. It's Cynthia's face after I made some improvements. It's a subtle difference. I blended 2 bump maps and cranked up the bump a little. I'm not satisfied with the map, but once I create a better one and tweak it a little more. I think I might have it.

Let me know what you think when you get time and thanks so much for the help! Toodles

Sat, May 02, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Looking really good! I'm happy to hear Ion's video helped.

Sorry to hear about what happened to you, but it sounds like you're making the best of it. I'm glad working with the 3D stuff is something you enjoy.

I'm looking forward to seeing your products hit the store. Take care, and have a great rest of your weekend. 

Tue, May 05, 2020
bu_es
Spain

StephenRN

I recognized the SKin buider myself I have used it in several projects although I like other merchants more .... But really the work is good what I see.

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble