Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.
RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
dazDaz Content
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|GENERAL DISCUSSION

What a mess... (CLOSED)

Tue, Aug 04, 2020
gniiial
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
What a mess...

I really like free stuff and here on renderhub we find a lot of it. Also sometimes in very awesome quality.  Thank's for that btw! 
BUT there are so many people out there that not even TRY to work their own products out. (i hope that they are in fact theirs) But WHY?! 

Is nobody able to focus 2 or 3 hours longer on something to refine it? I mean it cannot be this hard to join 100 meshes to usable objects, create a texture that sticks to a UV Map and something like that. You build it, so why don't you do that?! And why is nobody sorting out this trash?! Why have others - that like an idea of an product - work it out for you?! I mean let's be real, you download stuff here too i guess. That is the main reason to be here. You want a good product! You want to use it on the fly, not working on it 2 hours up or more depending on the complexity. 
You should stop uploading things that are not ready to use. 

Sometimes i think most of the stuff is selected, copy paste stuff out of some games... I hope it's not like that, but i can't explain to myself why the heck not even ONE obj, fbx or whatever is "ready" to use in the free section!  Am i downloading the wrong stuff?! Maybe... But boy... upload stuff YOU would download in the quality YOU would LOVE to see here!!!
Isn't that hard to guess what work others would like! 

And yeah, maybe it's free! But it is our time, that get's wasted by sorting out such trash! Time we never get back by the way! 

Wed, Aug 05, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

In my experience, I have seen three main types of freebies in the 3D world. 

1.  There are very talented vendors that offer some freebies as samples of their work, with the hopes that someone will purchase their other products after experiencing the quality for themselves. 

2.  There are talented creators that simply really enjoy making products and sharing them with the community. Many of these people don't have any intention of becoming vendors and making money from their products. 

3.  There are many people that are learning how to make products, and they are hoping to get feedback on their efforts by offering freebies. 

I think the third one may be the category of people you are talking about, and they would benefit greatly from your direct feedback so they can get better.

Giving the product an appropriate rating and an honest comment is one of the best things you can do for the vendor AND for the community .

When people do THAT, it helps with "sorting out such trash" - as you put it.  

I know this won't be what you want to hear, but I have to say it... If you want to reduce the possibility of wasting your time, then BUY products from established vendors that have high ratings and reviews on their products. There's a pretty good chance that the vendor HAS put the extra "2 or 3 hours longer on something to refine it" - as you say.  

At the very least, stick with the free products that have better ratings and reviews. That should help. 

Thanks for being part of the RenderHub community!  :-)  

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble