×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/RENDERHUB GRAFFITI CONTEST 2

Minefield Warrior (CLOSED)

eye143
Drake FuMon, Apr 28, 2025
Karma: 112
Hello everyone, and thank you for viewing my work: Minefield Warrior


This piece depicts a futuristic soldier surviving in a war-torn wasteland, training alongside his demining partner, a specially trained rat, at a makeshift shooting range.
You may notice that the character's right arm and leg are mechanical prosthetics, suggesting that he sustained serious injuries during previous mine-clearing missions. At the end of his high-tech detection device stands the trained rat, highlighting how, even in an advanced technological world, humans still rely on the instincts of living creatures for critical tasks like landmine detection.
To create a sense of decay and desolation throughout the scene, I incorporated sandbags, damaged target mannequins, and wall graffiti to enrich the environment and storytelling.

Final Renders:
Below is the final rendered scene showcasing the complete character, his equipment, and the environment setup.Forum Image
Forum ImageForum ImageForum ImageForum ImageForum ImageWare frame:

Forum Image
During the production process, I primarily worked with the following software:
ZBrush/ Substance Painter/ Substance Designer/ Marmoset Tolbag 5/ Photoshop/ TopoGun3/ Marvelous designer/ Platicity/ RizomUV/ MAYA

Production Breakdown:

1. Concept design
Forum Image
2. Marvelous Designer: Clothing Design
Forum Image
3. Maya: Weapon modeling
Forum Image
4. ZBrush: Detail sculpting
Forum ImageForum ImageForum Image
5. UV unwrapping and optimization
Forum Image
6. Substance Designer: Material creation
Forum Image
7. Photoshop: Graffiti elements painted in Photoshop
Forum Image
8. Marmoset Tolbag 5: Lighting and rendering
Forum Image
Challenges & Limitations

1. I originally planned to make the mine-detecting rat a half-organic, half-cybernetic creature with XGen fur, but due to time constraints, this feature was not completed.
2. The clothing materials could use more texture detail to improve realism in close-up shots.
3. Lighting! Lighting! Lighting! It's something I always struggle with, and I truly welcome any feedback or advice on how to improve my lighting setups.

Thumbnail: 
Forum Image

Thank you for checking out my project. I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions!


jamie6Tue, Apr 29, 2025
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
Drake Fu
Karma: 112
Tue, Apr 29, 2025
Thanks Jamie!
jamie6
Admin: 14,430
Tue, Apr 29, 2025
No problem!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account