×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WINTER FANTASY IV RENDER CONTEST

Contest entries render resolution?

eye172
SoleMannMon, Dec 08, 2025
Karma: 638
On the main rule page it states...
"Renders may be in any aspect ratio format, but must be high resolution at least 1920x1080 or 1080x1920"

But on the "official contest entry form" it states...
"Must be at least 1000px x 1000px"

So what is the proper resolution required for contest entries?

LalayaWed, Dec 10, 2025
Karma: 279
Hi! From what I understood, your main image must be at least 1920x1080 or 1080x1920, and the additionnal images must be at least 000x1000.
RenderHub Admin 1Thu, Dec 11, 2025
Admin: 16,713
For contests, what you quoted from the rules page is correct. Submissions must be at least 1920x1080 or 1080x1920.

The language on the entry page is incorrect. I see that must be using a line from our standard gallery submission page. 

I opened a bug report to get that fixed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
SoleMann
Karma: 638
Thu, Dec 11, 2025
Thanks for the clarification. Now that I know the minimum resolution, I hope to have a render ready to submit by this weekend.

I assume the WIP wire-frame screen shots should be that resolution as well..
Lalaya
Karma: 279
Sat, Dec 13, 2025
Hello,

Does it mean that additionnal images, like WIP, screensots, etc... have to be at least 1920x1080 or 1080x1920 too? I thought it was only the main image, because it's difficult to do a screenshot in a high format...

Thank you inn advance.
RenderHub Admin 1
Admin: 16,713
Sun, Dec 14, 2025
Per the rules, it's the *renders* that must be that resolution. However, for the sake of the judges, it's in your best interest to provide your screenshots and other WIP in the highest resolution possible.
Lalaya
Karma: 279
Sun, Dec 14, 2025
Ah, ok, thank you very much!
SoleMann
Karma: 638
Sun, Dec 14, 2025
Thanks for the additional clarification. I happen to work in 1920x1080 resolution, so I should be okay on screen shots as well.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account