×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Eye Merchant Resources

eye241
Thread Activity
Luxe MuseWed, Aug 26
Hi, Guy, thank you. I think, and (I'm the owner off one or two as well), great eye merchant resources from other vendors, but I wanted something new f
guy91600Wed, Aug 26
I feel like you’re preparing a pack that has no equivalent for G8 and previous generations!
Luxe MuseWed, Aug 26
Hmm. Now that I think about it, I don't have enough grays
Luxe MuseWed, Aug 26
Great, and now I realize I mess up a few labels, on this chart, hi, hi, hi.
Luxe MuseWed, Aug 26
This is the final list of eyes for this pack (I might make more for a different pack in the near future).
Luxe MuseWed, Aug 26
That's a great idea, DoroThee.With Genesis 9 having different materials for each eye, and the way the eyes are packaged, (different scleras, irises se
Luxe MuseMon, Aug 17
Karma: 9,205
This is an example of the same eye color and the sclera variation of an Eyes merchant resource I've been working on for a while. It started as me wanting to have a new set of eyes for my next character. I ended up making thirteen color variations and three sclera variations as well.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

GrapeJuice3DMon, Aug 17
Karma: 18,159
Wow, they look so beautiful. Great job!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Aug 17
Thank you, GrapeJuice

image
GrapeJuice3D
Karma: 18,159
Mon, Aug 17
No problem, they are very realistic! If I may ask, did you draw them or did you use real eye references to do it?
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Aug 17
I used a couple of methods, but most of them drawn and color techniques that come out of the HD sculpt (basically gray maps and such). I'll share below some screenshots, hold on
GrapeJuice3D
Karma: 18,159
Mon, Aug 17
Ah amazing! It must been a lot of work, congrats!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Aug 17
You are very kind, thank you
GrapeJuice3D
Karma: 18,159
Mon, Aug 17
You welcome, it's just the truth
Luxe MuseMon, Aug 17
Karma: 9,205
So, this is for example, the iris scrupt, and the generated graymap:

Forum Image

The veins though are a combination of Kyle's brushes + cross your fingers + a ton of masking then export that, make sure is sized correct / retouching and back at it again


Forum Image
GrapeJuice3D
Karma: 18,159
Mon, Aug 17
Oh wow, such level of detail! I can imagine it took hours of work, maybe even weeks! Congratulations!
Luxe MuseMon, Aug 17
Karma: 9,205
There's gotta be pink too, because of course!

Forum Image
aglassdarklyMon, Aug 17
Karma: 20,828
These are outstanding. As a creator that always struggles with eyes and I'm almost never happy with what I've done, I think these are fantastic. Well done.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Aug 17
Thank you I myself always struggle, and I can only hope these serve well. Knowing myself though, (hi, hi, hi), I'm sure I'll keep revisiting them over and over as I always find things that I, for some reason, think I can make better and then, pfff, there go weeks of work.
Luxe MuseMon, Aug 17
Karma: 9,205
These are what I've got so far. Some of them are in the realm of fantasy.

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Aug 17
By fantasy I meant, color-wise, like Cyan or Pink, for example.
PawngameTue, Aug 18
Karma: 26,870
Looking great and realistic! Amazing work!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Aug 18
Thank you Pawngame!
Luxe MuseSun, Aug 23
Karma: 9,205
Completely switch strategy. Instead of fully baked texture maps, It'll be sclera as the base map, and Irises as LIE. The downside though is that applying it takes that ridiculous LIE mixing time... However, the size of the download is much smaller. 

But, if say, you like other creator's sclera better, or iris better, you could mix mine with theirs as the upside, besides the smaller download size.

Forum Image 
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Aug 23
I've also finished a second set of sclera, both set would have the pure white (mostly for fantasy or cartoonish renders), a "Natural" sclera, and an aged sclera (mostly me playing with yellow/blue/red mixes, but I like the result, and hope others do too).
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Sun, Aug 23
elle a de beaux yeux tu sais
Any reference to the movie *Quai des Brumes* is purely coincidental
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Aug 23
Hi, hi, hi! Thank you Guy!
Luxe MuseMon, Aug 24
Karma: 9,205
With Displacement:

Forum Image

Without (Normal and Bump map only):


Forum Image

guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Tue, Aug 25
Did you change your mind? Are you making us a rabbit with red eyes?
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Aug 25
Hi, hi, hi, hi!

I made some red to go with your favorite succubus see below
Luxe MuseTue, Aug 25
Karma: 9,205
Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Aug 25
Okay, it's incomplete, but it'll make it into my Mystic category
DoroThee237Wed, Aug 26
Karma: 19,491
You who work on the eyes, here are some suggestions:

"Odd-colored eyes," or heterochromia, refers to a difference in color between the two eyes or within a single iris. It is a rare phenomenon in humans but more common in certain animals, such as cats and dogs.

Types of heterochromia:
Complete: Each eye is a completely different color (for example, one blue eye and one brown eye).
Partial: A section of the iris is a different color from the rest of the eye.
Central: A ring of a distinct color surrounds the pupil at the center of the iris.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Aug 26
That's a great idea, DoroThee.

With Genesis 9 having different materials for each eye, and the way the eyes are packaged, (different scleras, irises separated), you can achieve heterochromia but you'd have to manually edit the image layer.
Luxe MuseWed, Aug 26
Karma: 9,205
This is the final list of eyes for this pack (I might make more for a different pack in the near future).

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Aug 26
Great, and now I realize I mess up a few labels, on this chart, hi, hi, hi.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Aug 26
Hmm. Now that I think about it, I don't have enough grays
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Wed, Aug 26
I feel like you’re preparing a pack that has no equivalent for G8 and previous generations!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Aug 26
Hi, Guy, thank you. I think, and (I'm the owner off one or two as well), great eye merchant resources from other vendors, but I wanted something new for more variation.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account