×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Subway Train Undercarriage R36 (CLOSED)

eye842
Handyman454Tue, Oct 15, 2019
Karma: 1,267
imageimageimage
image
Finishing up the electrical shunts.
image

Handyman454Fri, Oct 18, 2019
Karma: 1,267
image
Moving on to the electric motors and transmissions next.
Handyman454Sat, Oct 19, 2019
Karma: 1,267
Put some time into the electric motors today.
image
I admit that this isn't the actual motor and transmission in the actual car but it's a pretty cool looking model none the less.
Getting good pics of these cars is hard as hell. They just aren't available on the internet and I'm relying solely on Ion for his wondrous patience in photo'ing  them at the New York City, Subway car display museum.
image
There were only two major, drive designs to choose from.
Inline and offset.
I opted for the inline for this model.
image
The windings are mounted around the wheel axle so the transmission box is really superfluous.
But it looks good anyway.
IonSat, Oct 19, 2019
Karma: 5,836
Heya

Lookin good.

So, I found the same to be true, impossible to find pics of these online. I did end up making it to the Transit Museum, but believe it or not here were no bogies on display at all.

I am hoping to source some cad prints from NYCT, but not having a ton of luck there.


bu_esMon, Dec 02, 2019
Karma: 12,133
wooooooooow  is  good
IonMon, Dec 02, 2019
Karma: 5,836
Looking pretty damn good
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account