×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

A question about my Pinocchio's legs (CLOSED)

eye194
guy91600Mon, Sep 04, 2023
Karma: 21,202
When Pinocchio is sitting, his legs are slightly lower than his body. Is this a annoying defect that I need to rectify before putting it up for sale?

Forum Image


tien_jian_feiMon, Sep 04, 2023
Karma: 1,731
Personally I would have modeled it with faux ball joints in the shoulder and hip positions so the legs and arms themselves have some clearance distance and you don't break the design aesthetic of a proper marionette.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Mon, Sep 04, 2023
Thank you for giving me your perspective. Perhaps I was wrong to want to stay close to the original Disney drawing.
I'm going to take this opportunity to modify the body by making it a little more square at the shoulders.
guy91600Tue, Sep 05, 2023
Karma: 21,202
Here is the new version seen from the front taking into account the advice of tien_jian_fei.
So I added spheres at the shoulders, hips and knees.
I took the opportunity to change the clogs by giving them a more rounded shape.
Hands are a ready-to-use addonForum Image

guy91600Tue, Sep 05, 2023
Karma: 21,202
Thank you for the advice, the puppet will indeed be easier to handle and the result after installation is much prettier

Forum Image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account