×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Book Fully Rigged (CLOSED)

eye826
guy91600Wed, Oct 25, 2023
Karma: 21,202
The idea is to make a book where each page can be turned independently
The texture of each page is independent
The texture of even and odd pages is independent
obviously the user will be able to easily change the textures
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

deathdWed, Oct 25, 2023
Karma: 1,663
That's an ambitious endeavor, I tried to do that once, and gave up in frustration. It's a great idea if you can pull it off. I could never get it to page turn with any semblance of realism.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Thu, Oct 26, 2023
That's right, there is no semblance of realism when you turn the page. You have to do it manually by modifying the bend parameter and using the morph of the turned page.
guy91600Thu, Oct 26, 2023
Karma: 21,202
The book is online, I added a video to show how the pages turn, first I use the bend parameter of the sheet, then I use the morph to finish placing the page
https://www.renderhub.com/guy91600/book-fully-rigged

deathd
Karma: 1,663
Thu, Oct 26, 2023
great job, looks like you nailed it, very believable movement
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Thu, Oct 26, 2023
Thank you for this compliment, it really means a lot to me
CosmicEnvisionsFri, Oct 27, 2023
Karma: 5,142
Nice one guy
I purchased on my other account, I remember i wish there was a book like this but i cant remember why i wanted it lol.
Ill have a play around when i have time. Nice work.

I like how you added the PSD Files, makes it super easy to change the picture
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Sat, Oct 28, 2023
Thank you for the purchase, adding the PSD files seemed natural to me to facilitate the personalization of the cover and the spine of the book.
This is also why the textures of odd and even pages are separated for both the pages of the book and its cover.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account