×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WINTER FANTASY II RENDER CONTEST

Three friends on a cold winter night (CLOSED)

eye208
Thread Activity
drjivagoTue, Jan 02, 2024
You're welcome.
MysticArtDesignTue, Jan 02, 2024
Thanks . .. and thats right what you say ..
drjivagoMon, Jan 01, 2024
Maybe this will help you in some way.You mentioned envy in one of your other posts. Yes, you're right, it sparks your ambition at most times. It's gre
jamie6Fri, Dec 15, 2023
Thumbnail for contest gallery
drjivagoFri, Dec 15, 2023
No, not at all.I think you're really talented.I can't agree with you more.I , myself had to take out a few things at times since they were hitting har
MysticArtDesignFri, Dec 15, 2023
I guess I don't have enough skills to analyze everything carefully. I tend to look at the whole thing. Actually I had a fox and the hare was jumping n
MysticArtDesignThu, Dec 14, 2023
Karma: 19,562
Forum ImageForum Image

drjivagoThu, Dec 14, 2023
Karma: 12,987
Sometimes vintage photography uses other colors, to overcome darker, dull or faded color tones. 
To break up the monotone I brought forward the bright colors of snow as you may have noticed.
Also adding, two snow covered pine trees each side of the picture to give symmetry and balance.
And the two icycles hanging on the right were made brighter to make them come forward.
Remembering the rule that distant objects fade and become darker.
It was just an idea, hoping you don't mind. Thanks for your time.

Forum Image
Forum ImageForum ImageForum Image
MysticArtDesign
Karma: 19,562
Fri, Dec 15, 2023
Tatschlich habe ich hier sehr viel mit verschiedenen Filtern gespielt und keiner konnte mir richtig gefallen. dann habe ich mich doch fr die Dsternis im
archglinFri, Dec 15, 2023
Karma: 376
Die Hasen  sehen so aus, als waeren sie im Lauf gefroren. 
MysticArtDesign
Karma: 19,562
Fri, Dec 15, 2023
Was bei der Klte durchaus mglich wre hihi
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Fri, Dec 15, 2023
Yes, I see, anyway if you tried other options and decided this one was the best, it's fair enough for me too.
I liked your fairytale style postcard impression anyway. I thought I'd show my gratitude for all the free things you did.
As for the hare giving the impression of being stuck in air, it might be the masking not done much as to blend with the snow beneath the legs and surrounding their lower body. I didn't notice much of this, as this might be a minor issue.
There is always a risk of misperception of flying or moving creatures, seeming to stand still or frozen in time, especially when they're close to the viewpoint where they are clearly visible and big. When they are distant and small, you could get away with it. Otherwise, you may need motion blur as to indicate movement and make it more natural.
Although motion blur is debatable especially in single rendered pictures than in animation.

Frozen hares in the cold. Yes, why not. That means you captured that right, good moment
Looking forward for your future works and thank you.
MysticArtDesign
Karma: 19,562
Fri, Dec 15, 2023
I guess I don't have enough skills to analyze everything carefully. I tend to look at the whole thing. Actually I had a fox and the hare was jumping next to the fox. an unusual pair of friends. but Daz couldn't handle the fox's catalyzer and so it became three rabbits.
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Fri, Dec 15, 2023
No, not at all.
I think you're really talented.
I can't agree with you more.
I , myself had to take out a few things at times since they were hitting hard on the memory.
This limited me from what I had imagined in the first place.
I wish you good luck in your achievements.
jamie6Fri, Dec 15, 2023
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
drjivagoMon, Jan 01, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Maybe this will help you in some way.
You mentioned envy in one of your other posts. Yes, you're right, it sparks your ambition at most times. It's greed and anger we should perhaps be worried about. After all, those other artists themselves may have had envy in the first place too, before they became experts in their fields. 
It's a fresh year and a fresh start and I think you are doing well. You shouldn't feel downhearted in any way. I hope this comforts you in some way. You can set new goals to your existing ones this year. Beside your generosity, we admire your kindness as well.
I wish you good luck once again. Always look on the bright side and let the sun shine in =)
Forum Image
MysticArtDesign
Karma: 19,562
Tue, Jan 02, 2024
Thanks . .. and thats right what you say ..
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Tue, Jan 02, 2024
You're welcome.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account