×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WINTER FANTASY II RENDER CONTEST

Snow and the Ghost (CLOSED)

eye352
Thread Activity
midgard229Thu, Jan 04, 2024
Lmaooo or the grinch
Tark_ArkThu, Jan 04, 2024
I was wondering, could it be that in the Game of Thrones universe, the Night King is a bad Santa? D
midgard229Sun, Dec 31, 2023
Hahaha could you imagine if he became the next Santa thanks a ton, happy new year!
Tark_ArkSun, Dec 31, 2023
It won't be easy for John to get to Santa Claus, but I believe he will make it! I wish you good luck and a happy new year! =)
drjivagoSat, Dec 30, 2023
You too. Thanks. Couldn't agree with you more xD
midgard229Sat, Dec 30, 2023
thanks a ton! I like your mind, happy new year as well! Thankfully we don't have to worry about undead xD
midgard229Wed, Dec 20, 2023
Karma: 12,320
One of my favorite winter fantasies would be game of thrones, so had to make an entry about Jon and his wolf ghost surrounded by some undead. Hope you all enjoy!

Final Render
Forum Image
Wireframe
Forum Image
Forum Image

CosmicEnvisionsThu, Dec 21, 2023
Karma: 5,142
Awesome!!!
Nice work on Mr John snow and the army of the dead. 

Now I feel like watching it again.
I miss seeing your renders in the gallery.

Best of luck with your entry
Happy holidays
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Thu, Dec 21, 2023
thanks a ton cosmic! Yeaaaah I should post more of my work here lol, happy holidays friend!
jamie6Thu, Dec 21, 2023
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
drjivagoThu, Dec 21, 2023
Karma: 12,987
I had this English literature tutor who used to say, you should be more afraid of the living, rather than dead, my son.
Think of this especially  passing the graveyard, because dead can't hurt you.
Batusta might have been a real help for his fight in the scene imho =)
Scene is a good portrayal of action as well.
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
thank you! Lol I think what your tutor says would be true, unless it's the undead.....or disease born of the dead.....hmmmm
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
Yes, you're right, what you said is a whole different perspective really. Makes sense=)
This is some addition to the story maybe; When you have war among people you're left with flesh and blood (and bones).
But when there's a war between undead, you're left with bones and more bones. I just had this thought anyway.
The white wolf added a nice touch to the scene as well, as a companion. Good detailed work.
Wish you good luck and a Happy new year.
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
thanks a ton! I like your mind, happy new year as well! Thankfully we don't have to worry about undead xD
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
You too. Thanks. Couldn't agree with you more xD
Uncanny ValetFri, Dec 22, 2023
Karma: 1,461
Well done!  Good luck in the contest!
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Sat, Dec 23, 2023
Thanks Valet! Appreciate that very much!
dwindtSat, Dec 30, 2023
Karma: 6,697
I saw this over at Daz. What a lot of work. Well done!
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
thanks for the love!
LKartSat, Dec 30, 2023
Karma: 1,467
This is so awesome!!! Looks like a  lot of work to set up the scene!
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
thanks a lot! yeah was a bit of a pain xD
artist
CurvedInsightSat, Dec 30, 2023
Account Closed
Cool artwork, can see it must of taken quite a while.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but... not sure Jon Snow is allowed to the party

Previous 2 contests questions were brought up about using known characters and it was stated a few times its a no go as the rules mention
'Entries must be new original work specifically made for this contest and cannot be significantly based on the art of another artist'

I learnt the hard way haha, now if I enter a contest its safest to use models that arent already infamous and try stick to daz models (seeming i dont model to create one from a cube )

Otherwise a great render
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
thanks! that'd be odd for them to not clarify that in detail in the rules as it would mean not using lets say Michael 8.1 since he's already a character. Or characters such as santa claus which are famous or frosty. failure of specifying that would be pretty sad if that was the case as it simply states the artwork itself has to be made for the contest. Every asset used would be based off the art of another artist then if it were to be cherry picked that way imo.

i guess let's see lol thank you
artist
CurvedInsight
Account Closed
Sat, Dec 30, 2023
Yeah i also felt the same, because everything is based basically on something else as it is already, as you mentioned.

Santa wont count because I guess its he isnt exactly an individual character thats the same, he is different but keeps a similar look throughout aka white beard, a bit chunky, outfit etc

As for Michael 8.1 or a like, was made for Daz and didnt exist before nor was seen.

But 'original' has been a bit of a loose term, because if one was 100% authentic to that word, the character must be 100% unique no one has ever seen before haha

I sort of get where they coming from though, i wasted so much time with cool known characters in the previous contest, now Im "paranoid" spending a lot of time on something but because its from a movie or something, its void
Tark_ArkSun, Dec 31, 2023
Karma: 13,596
It won't be easy for John to get to Santa Claus, but I believe he will make it!
 I wish you good luck and a happy new year! =)
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Sun, Dec 31, 2023
Hahaha could you imagine if he became the next Santa thanks a ton, happy new year!
Tark_Ark
Karma: 13,596
Thu, Jan 04, 2024
I was wondering, could it be that in the Game of Thrones universe, the Night King is a bad Santa? D
midgard229
Karma: 12,320
Thu, Jan 04, 2024
Lmaooo or the grinch
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account