×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WINTER FANTASY II RENDER CONTEST

Cozy View (CLOSED)

eye156
isabelskiSat, Dec 23, 2023
Karma: 125
Hi, my inspiration was to create a cozy mood from the inside looking out, I tried creating this contrast between the warmth from the inside and the cold and darkness from the outside. This was also my chance to experiment with colors and composition, which was challenging for me, there's probably a lot that can be improved xP but this is what I ended up with.

Blockout:
Forum Image

Wireframe:
Forum Image
Forum Image

Render:
I had to do the lines for the glass-candle inside photoshop.
Forum Image

CosmicEnvisionsSat, Dec 23, 2023
Karma: 5,142
I love the cartoon look, it's also different from other entry's because of that.

Well done with the scene setup, looks cozy aand warm with the candles, bit of a mystery feeling on what those papers are, and the cold snow outside which makes you glad that your looking out.

Nicely done
Best of luck with your entry
isabelski
Karma: 125
Sun, Dec 24, 2023
Yeah I wanted to mess with a different style than what I normally do.
The colors was so tricky for me to choose.
Thanks for your comment and good luck to you too
drjivagoSun, Dec 24, 2023
Karma: 12,987
Yes, overall render style looks good.
Could you try with less background blur and looking at your first wireframe image, I see a lot of detail, so why not make use of the whole scene
instead of just limiting yourself to narrowed down camera vision. This would make your scene even more detailed,  or a whole lot interesting with different subjects having a basis for a theme. Maybe have a go by adding other subjects with less upscaled simplicity or minimalism. Sorry if I added this comment at the end , as I thought, I might contribute in some way. Candle lights could be made bigger to have more volume, they are the whole essence of the scene, which gives you that cozy ambience as opposed to the cold outside. Please don't take it harsh. After all, it's your idea and image. I'm just stating my own vision imho I agree with Cosmic's basis of your grasp of the cartoon touch and of being unique. 
Good luck and a Happy New Year, friend.
 
isabelski
Karma: 125
Mon, Dec 25, 2023
Hi thank you! You mentioned a lot of interesting ideas which I didn't even think about, so I really appreciate your thoughts.
I did try to lessen the blur for the background, but I felt like everything was just too sharp and it would be hard to know where to look at for the viewer, I agree that adding a subject would probably help, I though about it, but just dropped it :/ but I will keep that in mind for the next time.

Happy new year!
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Mon, Dec 25, 2023
No problem =) take care as well.
jamie6Wed, Dec 27, 2023
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account