×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WINTER FANTASY II RENDER CONTEST

Dutch Folklore Winter Fantasy (CLOSED)

eye237
VilinFXHubThu, Dec 28, 2023
Karma: 1,951
Forum Image
Dutch Folklore Winter Fantasy 2023,

I created a 3D winter fantasy scene inspired by the old Dutch paintings of my hometown of Dordrecht, Netherlands.
In this (folklore) winter scene, two elves give positive energy to a tree man to survive the dark and cold winter period.

3ds max - After effects ( Element 3d ) - Photoshop

Have a great day and good luck!

gr. Peter van der Linden

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

jamie6Thu, Dec 28, 2023
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
VilinFXHub
Karma: 1,951
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Thanks.
drjivagoThu, Dec 28, 2023
Karma: 12,987
This reminded me of Nordic folklore where they had legends of Trolls which were evil.
In this case, ''The Being'' is portrayed as a helpful character, or at least the elves, from what I understand.
I never knew there was a Dutch mythology similar to the Nordic folklore.
These must be some rare paintings, because  I've never known about these. before.
Some unique idea to use a reference from a long forgotten past.  I Wish you good luck and a Happy New Year =)

VilinFXHub
Karma: 1,951
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Thanks...and happy new year to you too.
VilinFXHub
Karma: 1,951
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Inspired by the old Dutch painters like Aelbert Cuyp and Andreas Schelfhout (17871870) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Schelfhout
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Yes, the painter has dreamy landscape vision from romantic era and yours is much of a reflection of his works.
You did a good job. Thanks for the info as well=)
VilinFXHub
Karma: 1,951
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Thanks.
dwindtFri, Dec 29, 2023
Karma: 6,697
I love these folklore inspired renders. They're interesting to search through. Well rendered.
VilinFXHub
Karma: 1,951
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Thanks.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account