×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WINTER FANTASY II RENDER CONTEST

The Pioneer (CLOSED)

eye196
dwindtFri, Dec 29, 2023
Karma: 6,697
The initial wanderers who ventured into the unknown to own their winter fantasy.

My image goes beyond the bright lights and the modern day, commercialized Christmas'. It goes back to the fore-fathers. Those that sort out tranquil solitary of the magical, white, un-inhabited, rugged, winter wonderlands, far from the madding crowds.
They trekked through vast uncharted territories, against all odds, to find, settle and develop, tracks of land, off the beaten tracks, to call home. To raise their families away from the influence of mass ideology and crocked leaders. 
Their Christmas spirit would be drawn from the beauty of the land, the call of the wild, the mesmerizing flicker of the camp fire and the reflection and glow of the dancing aurora lights.
Pay homage to the pioneers who discovered your winter bliss. Your Winter Wonderland.
Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2024 to all.

It has been years since I tackled an image that seemed so straight forward but posed so many problems. I rendered over 30 hours on the initial 3 ill attempts trying to produce what I had in mind. It seemed simple and straight forward but wow, did it try my patience.

I'm so glad I found this site again. I can't believe I miss placed the link and forgot the name. There are so many able artists and content creators here. 2024, here we come. 

Forum Image

jamie6Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Thank you Jamie!
dwindtFri, Dec 29, 2023
Karma: 6,697
Forum Image
CosmicEnvisionsFri, Dec 29, 2023
Karma: 5,142
Nicely setup winter theme.
It's never straight forward seting up a scene. 
Some things work, others don't. 

I like the position of the lights, they draw you into the centre. It's a tad bit brighter on the left so your attention goes to the left where the man and dog are. 

The darkness around the edges give a nice atmosphere and ads to the dark winter night.  Nice setup of the camping gear around the camp when you have a look around.

Nice work, well done and welcome back.
Best of luck with your entry


dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Fri, Dec 29, 2023
Thank you Cosmic'. You've got a keen eye. Lovely critique. I appreciate it, thanks. I'm terrible with balancing an image and ignore most rules because I don't know them. I try and please the eye if I can.

Best of luck to you to. I've been trying to get through all the contest images but am learning that I should tread lightly...and there are so many.
jamie6Mon, Jan 15, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account