×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WINTER FANTASY II RENDER CONTEST

A Boy and His Tank (CLOSED)

eye128
Rated RanchSun, Dec 31, 2023
Karma: 117
Hey, Hi, Howdy!

This is my first render (technically, my second or third if you count donuts and random extruded shapes).
The visual coding of geometry nodes is so much fun and an absolute lifesaver.
I worked almost exclusively in Blender, I fully modeled everything from scratch.
I used CSP for some light post-processing and touch-ups.

I pushed this so late because I saw some of the amazing work in this contest and decided to scrap the smaller thing I was going to submit.

While the scene was rendering, I wanted to let my computer focus on that, so I decided to spend my time writing a poem to be a companion to this piece.
(It'll be at the bottom to not hold you up from seeing the render already)

I hope everyone has learned a lot during this contest and is having a wonderful holiday.

Thanks for hosting this contest!  Best of luck to everyone taking part!

Rus (RaunchRanch)
Forum ImageForum Image

A Boy and His Tank

In the deep, silent night, with the moon shining bright,
I was snug in my bed, when a noise gave me fright.
But I wasn't alone, for my bear Tank was here,
He's my bravest best friend, with soft, fuzzy hair.

With Tank in my arms, I felt braver, you see,
I whispered, "We'll face this, just you and me."
I tiptoed the hall as I whispered so low,
"Mr. Intruder, oh, you really should go.

Santa's on his way with gifts just for me,
And he sure won't be happy; just you wait and see."
I whispered my warnings, with each careful step,
"Leave those cookies alone, or else you'll regret."

As I got closer, my whispers got light,
"I'm not scared of you, no matter the fight.
You better not touch or take anything,
For Santa's got gifts, oh, the joy they will bring."

Then I peeked in the room, with the tree all aglow,
And I saw all the presents lined up in a row.
Santa had been here, he'd brought them all,
And for a moment, I felt oh so small.

The cookies were gone, and the milk was too,
I knew it was Santa, it had to be true.
Then out in the distance, I heard 'Ho Ho Ho',
As I ran to the window, I only saw snow.

"Oh wait, there is it!" Shooting fast like a star,
I saw his sleigh flying so high and so far.
I rubbed my eyes in wonder and awe,
The magic of Christmas was what I just saw.

I hugged Tank tight and whispered so dear,
"This really is a Merry Christmas this year!"
And as I lay down, with a smile so wide,
I knew Santa was real and would always be on my side.


jamie6Wed, Jan 03, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account